Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simon Jordan 20:16 - Apr 9 with 2493 viewsradiogaga

My first reaction to the story was that this is not the first time Jordan has made digs at Evans. He had previously criticised him about the Elite Player Performance System, claiming that Town voted in favour of it rather than against it, which was a complete lie.

Reading his comments today, he's not saying anything that is particularly far from the truth. We are obviously in decline as we are about to get relegated (!) and his comments on Evans' 'involvement' are pretty relatable to many fans. As much as it annoys some people, it is natural that people outside of the club will also go back to the M word for the start of the decline. In fairness, he also refers to Ipswich being a really good club that is in decline for no particular reason other than how the club is run.

However, clearly Evans has clearly done something to annoy him at some point. It is clear that although he knows Evans, they do not speak as he has spoken out against him multiple times now.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 20:20]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Simon Jordan on 20:24 - Apr 9 with 2443 viewsfactual_blue

Jordan's autobiography is entitled 'Be Careful What You Wish For'...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Simon Jordan on 12:52 - Apr 10 with 2186 viewsAlabaster_Codify

Simon Jordan on 20:24 - Apr 9 by factual_blue

Jordan's autobiography is entitled 'Be Careful What You Wish For'...

And a fantastic read it is too!

There's a lot of truth in what he says about ME. He is entitled to his opinion.

As a Palace fan himself & knowing how much of his own money he ploughed into the club, it probably frustrates him to see a club like ours falling away when you have the likes of ME seemingly doing very little to stop it

No thanks...I don't do the horse

Simon Jordan on 13:16 - Apr 10 with 2087 viewsSuperfrans

There clearly is something personal there.

In terms of blame for our current circumstances, I don't really understand why a former owner, who had a football club bleed his bank balance dry, would criticise someone for trying to avoid going the same way. Just seems odd to me.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Simon Jordan on 13:27 - Apr 10 with 2032 viewsAlabaster_Codify

Simon Jordan on 13:16 - Apr 10 by Superfrans

There clearly is something personal there.

In terms of blame for our current circumstances, I don't really understand why a former owner, who had a football club bleed his bank balance dry, would criticise someone for trying to avoid going the same way. Just seems odd to me.

It appears to be going the same way without ME bleeding his bank balance dry.

MM had nothing to work with in his last few seasons & it's a miracle it has taken this long for the cracks to show.

Whilst it's none of SJ's business, the guy is a massive football fan & I (along with many others) share his view that the club is sadly in decline.

No thanks...I don't do the horse

Simon Jordan on 13:36 - Apr 10 with 1999 viewsSuperfrans

Simon Jordan on 13:27 - Apr 10 by Alabaster_Codify

MM had nothing to work with in his last few seasons & it's a miracle it has taken this long for the cracks to show.

Whilst it's none of SJ's business, the guy is a massive football fan & I (along with many others) share his view that the club is sadly in decline.

I think you miss my point.

SJ spent all of his money trying to make his beloved club competitive. And he failed (while he was there). All he succeeded in doing was burning millions of his own personal pounds.

ME is trying to run the club sustainably.
Does that make it uncompetitive in the Championship atm? Yes.
Would spending all of his wealth on the club guarantee any kind of success: No. You only have to look at Derby to see that. Mel Morris wants to walk away because its cost him a fortune to see his club go nowhere.

The club is about to get relegated. Clubs get relegated every season. Of course, I don't want that to happen to my club. But by law of averages, it will happen to every club at some point - unless you support one of the Top 6-8 in the country.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Simon Jordan on 14:21 - Apr 10 with 1900 viewsKropotkin123

It is the hypocrisy of the whole thing for me.

+Gives advise on running a club - Took his club into administration
+Thinks Sheepshanks would do better - He took us into administration and sold us to Evans
+Uses Delia Smith and her husband as a shining example of running a club - They oversaw relegation to League One and 6-1 defeat to Colchester within League 1.

It sounds bitter and personal, regardless of whether we weigh up if he is close or wide of the mark.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Simon Jordan on 14:24 - Apr 10 with 1885 viewsITFC_Forever

Simon Jordan on 14:21 - Apr 10 by Kropotkin123

It is the hypocrisy of the whole thing for me.

+Gives advise on running a club - Took his club into administration
+Thinks Sheepshanks would do better - He took us into administration and sold us to Evans
+Uses Delia Smith and her husband as a shining example of running a club - They oversaw relegation to League One and 6-1 defeat to Colchester within League 1.

It sounds bitter and personal, regardless of whether we weigh up if he is close or wide of the mark.

Norwich 1, Col Who 7 (SEVEN).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Simon Jordan on 14:30 - Apr 10 with 1866 viewsKropotkin123

Simon Jordan on 14:24 - Apr 10 by ITFC_Forever

Norwich 1, Col Who 7 (SEVEN).

Apologies, I didn't think any club could sink that low!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Simon Jordan on 14:49 - Apr 10 with 1820 viewsPhilTWTD

Simon Jordan on 13:36 - Apr 10 by Superfrans

I think you miss my point.

SJ spent all of his money trying to make his beloved club competitive. And he failed (while he was there). All he succeeded in doing was burning millions of his own personal pounds.

ME is trying to run the club sustainably.
Does that make it uncompetitive in the Championship atm? Yes.
Would spending all of his wealth on the club guarantee any kind of success: No. You only have to look at Derby to see that. Mel Morris wants to walk away because its cost him a fortune to see his club go nowhere.

The club is about to get relegated. Clubs get relegated every season. Of course, I don't want that to happen to my club. But by law of averages, it will happen to every club at some point - unless you support one of the Top 6-8 in the country.

ME is trying to run the club comparatively sustainably while almost certainly spending more money that SJ was when he was in charge at Palace given the way the division has changed over the last decade or so.

There are obviously factors related to decisions which have been made by the club/ME over the last few years linked to why we're going down but the financial side of the division and ME's inability to be able to compete financially given the wealth and parachute payments elsewhere, which SJ seems to be oblivious to, is the probably biggest factor.
Simon Jordan on 15:00 - Apr 10 with 1786 viewsMrTown

Gets paid for his opinion. But as most he is viewing from and outsiders' perspective. The is so many more factors to the story.

In regards to your last paragraph I actually agree, I think there may be rift between the two. Was listening to him berate Bassini last week, and then later on in the week Bassini responded by saying he's annnoyed because he tried to get Bassini to front money to buy Portsmouth and Bassini said no, Jordan got the hump.

Jordan also said he once tried to lead consortium to buy Coventry, wonder if he ever tried to lead a consortium to buy Ipswich and Evans refused sale. Completely plugged out of nowhere and no evidence though

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Simon Jordan on 19:24 - Apr 10 with 1565 viewsLeaky

Simon Jordan on 13:27 - Apr 10 by Alabaster_Codify

So is ME supposed to follow the Derby County model of investment, apparently there owner has put in £100m in 4 years.. I would assume ME & his accountancy team would know what he can afford to put into Itfc with out going bust, if ME goes bust so do Itfc.. ME's problem is the championship has financially left him adrift of other club owner's due to parachute payments.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024