Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) 21:27 - Apr 9 with 4590 viewsJ2BLUE

For anyone planning to watch season 8 episodes before the main UK showing (9pm Mondays) can you please make sure you don't post spoilers on here? If you do can you please use spoiler tags and 'xxxxxxxxxxx' out the first line for the benefit of people viewing the forum in table mode?

I know this might seem a little sad but the Battle of the Bastards episode was spoiled on here by the idiot known as 'Rentaghost' who posted what happened way before the main UK showing of the episode. Thankfully I had the sense not to come on here that day and will try not to again but can we please have some basic consideration for people who may not be able to/don't want to watch it early.

Thank you!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 21:30 - Apr 9 with 4187 viewsMullet

You're getting PMed before every episode now aren't you?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 21:32 - Apr 9 with 4180 viewsJ2BLUE

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 21:30 - Apr 9 by Mullet

You're getting PMed before every episode now aren't you?

I won't be opening any PMs except from my most trusted TWTD allies.

Truly impaired.

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 21:33 - Apr 9 with 4180 viewscatch74

Apparently worth watching season 1 to again before the new season.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 21:57 - Apr 9 with 4138 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 21:33 - Apr 9 by catch74

Apparently worth watching season 1 to again before the new season.

That’s exactly what I’m doing.

Good to refresh the memory

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 22:04 - Apr 9 with 4106 viewsDarth_Koont

The dragon did it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 22:19 - Apr 9 with 4087 viewsJ2BLUE

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 21:57 - Apr 9 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s exactly what I’m doing.

Good to refresh the memory

I'm going to watch 'the story so far' and see how detailed it is.

Might watch from the Battle of the Bastards onwards. The final episode of season 6 is my favourite hour of tv ever. Everything about that episode was brilliant.

Truly impaired.

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 23:20 - Apr 9 with 4043 viewsjeera

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 22:04 - Apr 9 by Darth_Koont

The dragon did it.

In the hallway with the candlestick.

I wouldn't mind seeing the first 'half' of this series again before watching the rest.

When does it begin to air here J2?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 23:21]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 23:53 - Apr 9 with 4017 viewsJ2BLUE

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 23:20 - Apr 9 by jeera

In the hallway with the candlestick.

I wouldn't mind seeing the first 'half' of this series again before watching the rest.

When does it begin to air here J2?
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 23:21]

Monday 9pm. Also 2am Sunday night/Monday morning but hopefully we won't see spoilers etc.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 08:35 - Apr 10 with 3911 viewschicoazul

I endorse this thread, although I am lucky enough to be able to watch it in morning after it comes out in the states rather than have to wait for Monday night.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 09:15 - Apr 10 with 3875 viewsCoastalblue

We've started again from the beginning and I think are nearing the end of Season 4? The Mountain did his head squeeze last night.

It's been good to rewatch as it's the first time I've done this and there's lots of little subtle things I'd either missed or forgotten, having read the books a few years ago I do get things a little muddled between the two sometimes as well.

Not sure we'll be done before the start of the new series, and then away in Spain for the second week so unsure whether to gamble on avoiding spoilers and start when we get back and watch three episodes back to back.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:23 - Apr 10 with 3840 viewsIpswichKnight

Thankfully it is simicasted with the states so I can enjoy it on the monday morning before heading to work then watch it with the missus in the evening followed by thronecast straight after.

Not even seen any reasonable spoilers online ( someone did leek what happened in all episodes last year ) everything I have seen that claims to be from a script looks very much like fan fiction being passed off as a script.
Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 11:09 - Apr 10 with 3807 viewsJ2BLUE

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:23 - Apr 10 by IpswichKnight

Thankfully it is simicasted with the states so I can enjoy it on the monday morning before heading to work then watch it with the missus in the evening followed by thronecast straight after.

Not even seen any reasonable spoilers online ( someone did leek what happened in all episodes last year ) everything I have seen that claims to be from a script looks very much like fan fiction being passed off as a script.

This is my point. I'm just asking people who watch it before the main UK screening (and even after, people have lives) to use spoiler tags and block out the first line if they post about it.

God knows how many people Rentaghost spoilt it for by not having the brain cells to show some basic consideration for other people.

Truly impaired.

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 14:01 - Apr 14 with 3681 viewsJ2BLUE

Bump.

Thanks all. I won't spam the life out of this thread. This is the final bump from me.

Truly impaired.

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 04:06 - Apr 15 with 3593 viewsSE1blue

No spoilers in this.

Just watched it, despite a lightning storm in Toronto threatening to cut the power just as it started.

You won’t be disappointed at all, was totally gripped throughout.

Without turning this into a gambling thread, it does have a feel of the ‘GOT Grand National’ about it. You’ve been reminded of all the runners and riders tonight and over the next few weeks, it’s down to when/if they fall and who will make it to the end amongst the carnage.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:11 - Apr 15 with 3508 viewsGlasgowBlue

No spoilers. Just watched the first episode. Didn’t disappoint.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:15 - Apr 15 with 3500 viewschicoazul

Felt like an episode all about reconciliations, regrets, and laying the ground for the rest of the series.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 10:16]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

on 10:32 - Apr 15 with 3483 views_

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:15 - Apr 15 by chicoazul

Felt like an episode all about reconciliations, regrets, and laying the ground for the rest of the series.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 10:16]

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:42 - Apr 15 with 3469 viewsMJallday

never seen any of them, so couldnt spoil it if i wanted to

game of thrones in my house amounts to "who's using the toilet"

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:46 - Apr 15 with 3462 viewschicoazul

on 10:32 - Apr 15 by _

I think I know what you mean, some of it was like that and it all felt a bit rushed. I enjoy the character moments much more than the huge battles but I suppose, now that they only have 6 episodes (although some are 80 minutes), they do need to handwave some stuff through.

on 11:08 - Apr 15 with 3438 views_

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:46 - Apr 15 by chicoazul

I think I know what you mean, some of it was like that and it all felt a bit rushed. I enjoy the character moments much more than the huge battles but I suppose, now that they only have 6 episodes (although some are 80 minutes), they do need to handwave some stuff through.

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 12:46 - Apr 15 with 3412 viewschicoazul

on 11:08 - Apr 15 by _

Oh see, I quite liked that bit. There was something mentioned by someone about somewhere which makes a bit of sense, on how the Greyjoys could end up as the real heroes.

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 01:10 - Apr 16 with 3316 viewsBLUEBEAT

Not sure what was going on. Everything very dark. Couldn’t see anything.

Poll: W or W

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 07:51 - Apr 16 with 3264 viewschicoazul

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 01:10 - Apr 16 by BLUEBEAT

Not sure what was going on. Everything very dark. Couldn’t see anything.

Turn your motion smoothing off and your contrast up.

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:23 - Apr 16 with 3198 viewsCoastalblue

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:46 - Apr 15 by chicoazul

Agree with you and wonder why they decided to cut back to 6 episodes? For a show that's always like to develop character and weave threads I hope they're not going to just accelerate the plot and lose that.

It could of course be the case that there are fewer and fewer characters very quickly so a lot less development required in terms of screen time.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:25 - Apr 16 with 3193 viewschicoazul

Game of Thrones spoilers (no spoilers in this thread) on 10:23 - Apr 16 by Coastalblue

Agree with you and wonder why they decided to cut back to 6 episodes? For a show that's always like to develop character and weave threads I hope they're not going to just accelerate the plot and lose that.

It could of course be the case that there are fewer and fewer characters very quickly so a lot less development required in terms of screen time.

I believe its because the actor's quotes are prohibitive now, and it s a very expensive show in terms of FX anyway.
Kit Harrington got paid something like 50k for the whole of the first series, now he gets £1m per episode!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 10:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024