Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... 06:46 - Apr 10 with 3150 viewsKieran_Knows

... and to think there’s Town fans who don’t rate him. My word.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 06:58 - Apr 10 with 3116 viewsbluesym

My player of the season.
Excellent attitude as well as quite clearly being a top talent.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 07:14 - Apr 10 with 3069 viewschristiand

To be fair, it's those same supporters that expect a 19 year old to consistently dominate games in his 'first' season of first team football, although more experienced players around him have continually let him down. Chalobah has really had to learn on the job and fast this season, this whole experience will certainly send him back to Chelsea a far better player than when he first arrived.

POTY for me and by a distance.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 7:14]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:01 - Apr 10 with 3005 viewsPositivelyPortman

Any Town fan that doesn’t rate him, has obviously never played football or doesn’t have even a basic knowledge of the game.
POTY for sure.

A Hurst success?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:08 - Apr 10 with 2979 viewsHerbivore

Not sure there's many who don't rate him. First half of the season though he was inconsistent and error prone. Second half of the season he's been far more consistent and cut down on the mistakes and really come into his own.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:12 - Apr 10 with 2968 viewscbower

He has done very well for us overall. He has gradually cut down on his tendency to give possession away rather sloppily at times but that is part of the learning process. He has worked incredibly hard and I like his willingness to drive forward. Put it this way. If he were to be one of Pl's 2 loans next year I would be happy. Unfortunately, he won't be.

bluescouser

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:30 - Apr 10 with 2914 viewschicoazul

He's great. I think he will play regularly for a big club and maybe get an England cap one day.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:33 - Apr 10 with 2907 viewsMullet

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:08 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

Not sure there's many who don't rate him. First half of the season though he was inconsistent and error prone. Second half of the season he's been far more consistent and cut down on the mistakes and really come into his own.

If this was a normal season he'd have got the Ainsley Maitland-Niles treatment.

As I said after his debut "Rolls Royce with L plates on". You could see the class and direction from day one, but he's done very well to make the progress he has regardless. I know Lambert hasn't done enough here in football terms, but he's definitely improved a few players and Trev is one of them in my opinion.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:39 - Apr 10 with 2888 viewsuefacup81

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 07:14 - Apr 10 by christiand

To be fair, it's those same supporters that expect a 19 year old to consistently dominate games in his 'first' season of first team football, although more experienced players around him have continually let him down. Chalobah has really had to learn on the job and fast this season, this whole experience will certainly send him back to Chelsea a far better player than when he first arrived.

POTY for me and by a distance.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 7:14]

Hopefully Chelsea will recognise the effect ITFC has had on his development, and might consider making us a regular destination for some of their young talent on loan.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Login to get fewer ads

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:41 - Apr 10 with 2881 viewsJakeITFC

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:30 - Apr 10 by chicoazul

He's great. I think he will play regularly for a big club and maybe get an England cap one day.

I think the potential is there for him to be an England regular at centre half.
Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:45 - Apr 10 with 2870 viewsBluebell

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:08 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

What we also have to remember is that in the first half of the season he was playing alongside all of Paul Hurst's players and tactics!

How could anyone shine?
Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:48 - Apr 10 with 2857 viewsITFC_Forever

A very talented player, and you can see he has learnt what you need to do to play first team football.

In the first half of the season or so, he looked like a typical Academy player - good technically, and can play a pass or make a turn that looked good.... but couldn't do the dirty stuff when the opposition have the ball, such as marking, tracking back etc.

He's improved that side of his game now, and it will be interesting to follow his career from here...

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:49 - Apr 10 with 2846 viewsITFC_Forever

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:39 - Apr 10 by uefacup81

Hopefully Chelsea will recognise the effect ITFC has had on his development, and might consider making us a regular destination for some of their young talent on loan.

They might loan us back the young lad they stole off us a year or two ago whose name escapes me (the one from Felixstowe).

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:49 - Apr 10 with 2839 viewsMullet

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:49 - Apr 10 by ITFC_Forever

They might loan us back the young lad they stole off us a year or two ago whose name escapes me (the one from Felixstowe).

Charlie Brown

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:53 - Apr 10 with 2804 viewsITFC_Forever

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:49 - Apr 10 by Mullet

Charlie Brown

That's the one....

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 09:23 - Apr 10 with 2726 viewsWhymarkmariner

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 08:49 - Apr 10 by Mullet

Charlie Brown

I suppose Chelsea got him for Peanuts ?
Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 20:20 - Apr 10 with 2519 viewsHerbivore

He's not playing great this evening.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 20:30 - Apr 10 with 2485 viewsCheltenham_Blue

To be fair I could edit a video of my goalkeeping over a season and make myself look world class.
Trev has been great for us in bursts, but sadly not consistently enough.

That said, he is probably still player of the season.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Short video of Trev Chalobah this season... on 20:46 - Apr 10 with 2452 viewsgordon

Definitely improved a lot over the course of the season, and potentially got a big future ahead of him. I would say though that he wasn't really the loan signing we needed this season. Given that we'd lost a lot of attacking prowess in Celina, McGoldrick, Waghorn and Garner, and replaced them with three unproven players in Nolan, Harrison and Jackson, we really needed a classy creative attacker who could change a match with a bit of experience and savvy in the Fraser or Lawrence mould. Instead we got Tayo Edun and Chalobah (Graham and Walters came later), who had made two senior appearances between them before they signed.

So like I say, it's great that we've helped to develop one of Chelsea's youngsters, but it hasn't been a great signing for us in my opinion, and hasn't helped us a great deal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024