Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory 11:32 - Apr 10 with 3431 viewsMattinLondon

Walking into work I noticed a small mouse hurrying across the road. Next thing I knew a massive seagull had swooped down upon it, picked it up and disappeared behind a tree to the side of the pavement.

The sounds the mouse made as it was being pecked to death for the birds breakfast was quite horrific. Never realised that seagulls attacked small mammals as well as fish.
Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 11:36 - Apr 10 with 2639 viewsGeoffSentence

The bulk of their diet is chips.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:25 - Apr 10 with 2530 viewsMeadowlark

May I please be the first pedant to point out that there is no such thing as a "seagull," or was this an allegory where ITFC is the mouse? I
Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:27 - Apr 10 with 2523 viewsLord_Lucan

When I was in Aberdeen a few years back they had seagulls the size of pigs

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:28 - Apr 10 with 2519 viewsEireannach_gorm

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:25 - Apr 10 by Meadowlark

May I please be the first pedant to point out that there is no such thing as a "seagull," or was this an allegory where ITFC is the mouse? I

They are actually rats with wings.
Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:38 - Apr 10 with 2499 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

They are not fussy and will eat anything, even young Seagull chicks.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/11763601/Seagull-pictured-eating

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:40 - Apr 10 with 2489 views26_Paz

They're horrible things. I once saw 2 of them attacking an injured blackbird.

The Paz Man

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:43 - Apr 10 with 2486 viewsTIB

Seagulls the murderers, ducks the rapists of the avian world.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:46 - Apr 10 with 2471 viewsStokieBlue

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:43 - Apr 10 by TIB

Swans are vicious. There is one over the local park that keeps trying to drown the geese that land on the pond. Someone had to kick it the other month to stop it drowning one in front of loads of kids.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:49 - Apr 10 with 2461 viewsTIB

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:46 - Apr 10 by StokieBlue

Swans are vicious. There is one over the local park that keeps trying to drown the geese that land on the pond. Someone had to kick it the other month to stop it drowning one in front of loads of kids.

SB

Yeah they can be c**ts to be fair. The old Shoebill is a bit of an animal as well...they look truly evil.

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:15 - Apr 10 with 2419 viewsNo9

Seagulls are evil
But are you looking at seagulls or some othe species from the sea?
Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:23 - Apr 10 with 2404 viewsfooters

All this hatred towards seagulls! You nay-sayers must admit that waking up to their noise is very pleasant though :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:26 - Apr 10 with 2394 viewsIpswichKnight

Was reading about how one Greater Black Backed Gull ate a Ring Ouzel whole yesterday!
Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:31 - Apr 10 with 2384 viewsLord_Lucan

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:46 - Apr 10 by StokieBlue

SB

When I was a lot blooming younger I used to go fishing in a lake owned by Lady Mann which was in her estate in Norfolk. She had a pair of black swans and she loved them. I was invited to fish there on occasions as she knew a friend of mine, otherwise it was strictly private. The problem was these swans were the most vicious things you could imagine but she would take great umbrage if you even hissed at them in order to get them to b*gger off and leave you alone.

Anyhoo, one day I mis-cast and caught one of the feckers in the neck, I tried to pull the line but every time I did it the swans neck moved and the hook became more embedded. I ended up having to wade in and physically free the hook, I was petrified the thing was going to kill me, it was awful.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:39 - Apr 10 with 2364 viewsjeera

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 11:36 - Apr 10 by GeoffSentence

The bulk of their diet is chips.

Last time I was in Southwold I bought fish and chips with the intention of sitting by the little harbour there watching the world go by.

As I left the hut with my food I was attacked by several of the things and had to eat instead in my closed up car.

Not exactly shy are they.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:52 - Apr 10 with 2345 viewsITFC_Forever

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:39 - Apr 10 by jeera

Last time I was in Southwold I bought fish and chips with the intention of sitting by the little harbour there watching the world go by.

As I left the hut with my food I was attacked by several of the things and had to eat instead in my closed up car.

Not exactly shy are they.

The ones in Cornwall are huge and will gang up on small kids to steal their chips / ice cream.

We saw them working as a team in Padstow..... one swoops down and scares the kid, who promptly drops whatever they are carrying when it is swooped on by something almost as big as it is, then the rest of the gulls come in and hoover up the free food now on offer.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:54 - Apr 10 with 2341 viewsjeera

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:52 - Apr 10 by ITFC_Forever

The ones in Cornwall are huge and will gang up on small kids to steal their chips / ice cream.

We saw them working as a team in Padstow..... one swoops down and scares the kid, who promptly drops whatever they are carrying when it is swooped on by something almost as big as it is, then the rest of the gulls come in and hoover up the free food now on offer.

I see what you're saying there.

The next time I need a small kid as a diversion so I can eat in peace.

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 15:56 - Apr 10 with 2299 viewsMattinLondon

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 14:15 - Apr 10 by No9

Seagulls are evil
But are you looking at seagulls or some othe species from the sea?

It looked like a seagull but had light grey wings.
Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 15:58 - Apr 10 with 2297 viewsjeera

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:40 - Apr 10 by 26_Paz

They're horrible things. I once saw 2 of them attacking an injured blackbird.

That's nasty. 2 of them.

Did they take it in terns?

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 16:00 - Apr 10 with 2294 viewsnorth_stand77

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 13:43 - Apr 10 by TIB

We have wild ducks camping in our garden at the moment and there is one poor female duck who is chased around by 2 drakes ALL DAY. She doesn't get a moment's peace. So yes, they are rapists
Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 16:57 - Apr 10 with 2241 viewsWeWereZombies

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 16:00 - Apr 10 by north_stand77

We have wild ducks camping in our garden at the moment and there is one poor female duck who is chased around by 2 drakes ALL DAY. She doesn't get a moment's peace. So yes, they are rapists

The only animals apart from humans that gang bang, with drakes it is practically every male that participates.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 17:55 - Apr 10 with 2191 viewsTIB

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 16:57 - Apr 10 by WeWereZombies

The only animals apart from humans that gang bang, with drakes it is practically every male that participates.

If there is a category in the TWTD Awards for "Fact of the Year" this should win hands down

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 17:57 - Apr 10 with 2180 viewssparks

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 17:55 - Apr 10 by TIB

If there is a category in the TWTD Awards for "Fact of the Year" this should win hands down

Place I worked a few years ago had one nesting on the roof outside my room.

It routinely divebombed people walking through the car park. Drew blood from a security guard's head. I nearly killed it with a guitar case one evening as I swung it up over my head to fend the bu gger off.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 18:01 - Apr 10 with 2156 viewsGlasgowBlue

Seagulls are bastards.

I was in Dorset with the family a few years ago. Sitting in the open air about to tuck into a ham baguette the Mrs had made me and a Seagull swooped from the air and took 80% of the baguette with its talons.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 18:05 - Apr 10 with 2167 viewssparks

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 18:01 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

Seagulls are bastards.

I was in Dorset with the family a few years ago. Sitting in the open air about to tuck into a ham baguette the Mrs had made me and a Seagull swooped from the air and took 80% of the baguette with its talons.

They have seagull hazard warnign siugns in Plymouth.

What we should do is put up nets. They are a plentiful and nutritous source of food.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 18:13 - Apr 10 with 2152 viewsfooters

Didn’t realise that Seagulls are quite so predatory on 16:57 - Apr 10 by WeWereZombies

Even Nick Drake? He wasn't joking about being a River Man.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024