Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's really the point 20:57 - Apr 10 with 1735 viewsgordon

In playing the likes of Quaner and Bree now - given that we're probably going to lose most of our games anyway, and finish bottom by some distance whatever we do?

There's surely a chance (admittedly slim) that Jackson scores a couple of half decent goals, or Emmanuel puts in a couple of confidence boosting displays, and this gives them boosted confidence for next season.

What's really the point on 21:00 - Apr 10 with 1715 viewsSwansea_Blue

Absolutely none whatsoever. If they guaranteed we’d be more competitive, then fair enough as the aim still has to be to try and win games. But Quaner in particular has been very poor every time I’ve seen him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What's really the point on 21:01 - Apr 10 with 1707 viewsDubtractor

The fact that he seems to be alternating them - ensuring that our players are getting some game time - makes me wonder if there are clauses in the loan deals that guarantee xx% of games played?

Agree with your point though - we're sh1t and lose, so we may as well be sh1t and lose with our own players.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What's really the point on 21:03 - Apr 10 with 1664 viewsBluefish

What was the point in signing them? Or Dawkins? Or elder? Etc.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What's really the point on 21:04 - Apr 10 with 1654 viewspointofblue

What's really the point on 21:01 - Apr 10 by Dubtractor

The fact that he seems to be alternating them - ensuring that our players are getting some game time - makes me wonder if there are clauses in the loan deals that guarantee xx% of games played?

Agree with your point though - we're sh1t and lose, so we may as well be sh1t and lose with our own players.

Lambert said he’d play what he deemed to be his strongest side until it’s over - tonight might be it. Time for the loanees to be dropped unless there’s a chance of them being here next season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What's really the point on 21:07 - Apr 10 with 1620 viewsgtsb

Or Emmanuel and Jackson struggle in a struggling team and their confidence is shot to pieces. There is nothing wrong with rotating until the end of the season. If we are paying loan players than play them to save our own players confidence. It's all about next season now.
What's really the point on 21:11 - Apr 10 with 1569 viewsgordon

What's really the point on 21:07 - Apr 10 by gtsb

Or Emmanuel and Jackson struggle in a struggling team and their confidence is shot to pieces. There is nothing wrong with rotating until the end of the season. If we are paying loan players than play them to save our own players confidence. It's all about next season now.

Crikey, I hope it's not that bad playing for Ipswich! No pressure now, and Emmanuel's looked pretty decent, not that much different than Bree really.

I don't think the experience of playing for Ipswich is going to negatively affect our player's careers to that extent.
What's really the point on 21:14 - Apr 10 with 1558 viewsgordon

What's really the point on 21:03 - Apr 10 by Bluefish

What was the point in signing them? Or Dawkins? Or elder? Etc.

Yes, obviously I completely agree.
Dawkins and Elder, just no, and Quaner, Bree and Keane are not going to be here next season so what's the point.
What's really the point on 21:16 - Apr 10 with 1539 viewsjas0999

None.
Login to get fewer ads

What's really the point on 21:31 - Apr 10 with 1444 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'd say after this game, you're probably right.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What's really the point on 08:38 - Apr 11 with 1286 viewsSteve_M

I think it's as much not over-working players with three games in a week. Jackson looked a lot sharper as a sub than he ever does when he starts.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What's really the point on 08:46 - Apr 11 with 1267 viewsEwan_Oozami

I suspect if we do have to play loanees due to the loan contracts then it looks like Lambert will play loanees away and the academy guys at home - and if that is the case, it'll be a slightly cynical PR exercise on his part (no pun intended!).

But personally I'll say Lambert's true test is pre-season - if we win every one with high scoring football, we should be ok - anything less might mean a poor start and a lot of caching up to do.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024