Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert 21:32 - Apr 10 with 4616 viewsGeefunk

I know we are giving him time etc. and I am on board with this and understand the arguments etc.

But there is a real high chance he is just an absolutely appalling manager that has his finger prints all over this disaster isnt there ? Obviously we hope this isnt the case and no idea where we would go from Lambert but am veru concerned he is not the man for the job

Maybe its just an impossible job now with Evans at the helm amd the continued lack of investment
Paul Lambert on 21:35 - Apr 10 with 3427 viewsHerbivore

Evans backed him to sign 6 players in January.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paul Lambert on 21:39 - Apr 10 with 3372 viewshomer_123

Staying in this league on a budget isn't impossible. Mick showed that.

I've said from the off Lambert is the right man at the wrong time. He's not the kind of manager to dig you out of a hole and I think we can look at his first set of games in charge to see that. In hindsight trying to play out from the back was wrong. He, eventually, sorted that but results haven't followed and performances have, by and large, been marginally better than under Hurst. We still only play in spells and we continue to be toothless up front.

We've been relegated since Xmas. He probably deserves the summer but....here's the thing. What's he going to be able to do? No idea how Evans is going to back him. Judge has signed but it appears Keane is too pricey.

He's intimated something is on the horizon...more kids playing? Less loanees? All admirable.

League 1 is not going to be a walk in the park.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 21:43]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Paul Lambert on 21:40 - Apr 10 with 3338 viewshomer_123

Paul Lambert on 21:35 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

And that hasn't worked out at all. Sadly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Paul Lambert on 21:42 - Apr 10 with 3315 viewsGeefunk

Paul Lambert on 21:39 - Apr 10 by homer_123

I've said from the off Lambert is the right man at the wrong time. He's not the kind of manager to dig you out of a hole and I think we can look at his first set of games in charge to see that. In hindsight trying to play out from the back was wrong. He, eventually, sorted that but results haven't followed and performances have, by and large, been marginally better than under Hurst. We still only play in spells and we continue to be toothless up front.

We've been relegated since Xmas. He probably deserves the summer but....here's the thing. What's he going to be able to do? No idea how Evans is going to back him. Judge has signed but it appears Keane is too pricey.

He's intimated something is on the horizon...more kids playing? Less loanees? All admirable.

Could be a long stay in league one i guess
Paul Lambert on 21:51 - Apr 10 with 3226 viewspeterleeblue

Paul Lambert on 21:39 - Apr 10 by homer_123

Absolutely this. I predict at best a play off place.
Paul Lambert on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 3204 viewsblueconscience

Your last sentence is spot on!!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Paul Lambert on 21:54 - Apr 10 with 3172 viewschristiand

Paul Lambert on 21:35 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

6 players that would make a real impact or just 6 players? That’s why we’ve gone backwards under ME, it’s just token gestures that lack substance.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Paul Lambert on 21:57 - Apr 10 with 3122 viewsHerbivore

Paul Lambert on 21:54 - Apr 10 by christiand

6 players that would make a real impact or just 6 players? That’s why we’ve gone backwards under ME, it’s just token gestures that lack substance.

We forked out a decent wedge in wages on those signings, I'm not sure what more could reasonably have been expected.

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert on 22:00 - Apr 10 with 3089 viewsblueconscience

Paul Lambert on 21:57 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

We forked out a decent wedge in wages on those signings, I'm not sure what more could reasonably have been expected.

Thats the sad thing, Evans has chosen to try and do everything on the cheap. Evans deserves this failure, shame the fans have to suffer through it.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Paul Lambert on 22:00 - Apr 10 with 3079 viewshowdonblue

We have gone backwards majorly with this passion less ownership!

Jordan got it bang on the money ....

Evans going is the only way for this once great club to rise from the ashes ...

Praise to god above he sells
Paul Lambert on 22:01 - Apr 10 with 3073 viewsHerbivore

Paul Lambert on 22:00 - Apr 10 by blueconscience

Thats the sad thing, Evans has chosen to try and do everything on the cheap. Evans deserves this failure, shame the fans have to suffer through it.

Keane and Quaner are on north of £20k a week aren't they?

Paul Lambert on 22:01 - Apr 10 with 3062 viewschristiand

Paul Lambert on 21:57 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

Those players are going to make a real difference? Better off spending out on 3 real quality players instead of wasting it. Appreciate it’s difficult to entice players in our position though.

Paul Lambert on 22:03 - Apr 10 with 3023 viewsHerbivore

Paul Lambert on 22:01 - Apr 10 by christiand

Those players are going to make a real difference? Better off spending out on 3 real quality players instead of wasting it. Appreciate it’s difficult to entice players in our position though.

Then why didn't Lambert sign three quality players? Evans sets the budget, he doesn't identify the targets.

Paul Lambert on 22:06 - Apr 10 with 2980 viewschristiand

Paul Lambert on 22:03 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

Then why didn't Lambert sign three quality players? Evans sets the budget, he doesn't identify the targets.

Perhaps PL did and ME couldn’t get the deals over the line? I look at those loans, if they were PL’s first choices I’d be absolutely amazed.

Paul Lambert on 22:08 - Apr 10 with 2956 viewsHerbivore

Paul Lambert on 22:06 - Apr 10 by christiand

Perhaps PL did and ME couldn’t get the deals over the line? I look at those loans, if they were PL’s first choices I’d be absolutely amazed.

They're his signings. He is bizarrely immune to any criticism from some quarters.

Paul Lambert on 22:09 - Apr 10 with 2943 viewsSuperblue95

Alan Judge - Star player at this level not so long ago. Kind of player we’ve been crying out for

Will Keane - Talented but injury prone striker. Was highly thought of in his Man Utd days

Colin Quaner - Lots of championship experience and part of a promotion winning team

Simon Dawkins - On the books at Spurs and Villa for a long while. Played plenty of games for Derby.

James Bree - Decent player in a position we needed filling

Callum Elder - Cover for a player who eventually didn’t leave.

James Collins - Vastly experienced player with hundreds of Premier League games under his belt

Between them they may not have done a whole lot to get us out of this mess but I wouldn’t call that list of players and the wages they are on as ‘token gestures’. Unfortunately they were just too little too late

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Paul Lambert on 22:12 - Apr 10 with 2920 viewschristiand

Paul Lambert on 22:08 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

They're his signings. He is bizarrely immune to any criticism from some quarters.

They might be his signings, but not ones that were going to make any real impact. Still want to give PL pre season and see how we start next season, if things carry on he’ll be next out the door. ME remains the constant throughout this whole time of decline though and he seems equally immune from criticism from some quarters.

Paul Lambert on 22:14 - Apr 10 with 2891 viewsuppersirbob

Paul Lambert on 22:01 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

30k each we are paying a good percentage of that to
Paul Lambert on 22:14 - Apr 10 with 2890 viewsMullet

Paul Lambert on 22:12 - Apr 10 by christiand

They might be his signings, but not ones that were going to make any real impact. Still want to give PL pre season and see how we start next season, if things carry on he’ll be next out the door. ME remains the constant throughout this whole time of decline though and he seems equally immune from criticism from some quarters.

I'm not sure how that works. I'm a big fan of Keane's but his injuries have cost us to some extent. Judge can do no wrong it seems in certain eyes but his impact has been inconsistent at best.

Dawkins and with hindsight Elder seem utterly bizarre signings. Bree is on £23k a week and still he's put Josh in sporadically. It does feel like a lot hasn't gone to plan and Lambert hasn't always known how to react to it with the best effect.

This summer is massive.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Paul Lambert on 22:14 - Apr 10 with 2887 viewsHerbivore

Paul Lambert on 22:12 - Apr 10 by christiand

ME gets tons of flack. He did, however, genuinely back Lambert in January and it's made next to no difference. Sure ME has been a disaster overall but that doesn't mean Lambert gets a pass. He's done a poor job football wise.

Paul Lambert on 22:14 - Apr 10 with 2886 viewschristiand

Paul Lambert on 22:09 - Apr 10 by Superblue95

Alan Judge - Star player at this level not so long ago. Kind of player we’ve been crying out for

Will Keane - Talented but injury prone striker. Was highly thought of in his Man Utd days

Colin Quaner - Lots of championship experience and part of a promotion winning team

Simon Dawkins - On the books at Spurs and Villa for a long while. Played plenty of games for Derby.

James Bree - Decent player in a position we needed filling

Callum Elder - Cover for a player who eventually didn’t leave.

James Collins - Vastly experienced player with hundreds of Premier League games under his belt

Between them they may not have done a whole lot to get us out of this mess but I wouldn’t call that list of players and the wages they are on as ‘token gestures’. Unfortunately they were just too little too late

Alan Judge definitely a very decent signing.

Paul Lambert on 22:15 - Apr 10 with 2875 viewsblueconscience

Paul Lambert on 22:01 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

We are paying a couple of Championship flops 20k a week! I hope not!!!

Paul Lambert on 22:16 - Apr 10 with 2848 viewsMullet

Paul Lambert on 22:15 - Apr 10 by blueconscience

Plus Bree is £23k p/w I wonder what Chalobah is on? £10k?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Paul Lambert on 22:17 - Apr 10 with 2837 viewsHerbivore

Paul Lambert on 22:15 - Apr 10 by blueconscience

None of our January signings, Dawkins aside, were cheap.

Paul Lambert on 22:18 - Apr 10 with 2821 viewsbackwaywhen

Paul Lambert on 22:08 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

Give PL his first preseason with us and judge after a dozen games ....chill everyone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024