Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday 17:43 - Apr 11 with 5573 viewskizaitfc

The feeling and atmosphere around the club in comparison with the past 2 years is incredible considering our position.

Last season we had our own players coming out and saying PR was actually a difficult place for them to play because of the the tense and often toxic atmosphere.

Despite being bottom of the league it appears to be the polar opposite this season, players praising the atmosphere, players like Judge, Collins and Keane seeing good things and potentially signing despite relegation.

Most clubs in our position would look like losing the better players, I actually don't think we will lose many players. Probably Knudsen and maybe Dozzell if a big club comes in.

I completely agree with what some people are saying in terms of we should not be happy to be relegated. But it's happening so we need to try and turn it into a positive and look at how it could benefit us in the longer term. Statistics are on our side with clubs returning bigger and better so we need to ensure we do not fall on the wrong side of the statistics and get behind the club.

Lets enjoy a season for once, lets get PR rocking and have some momentum behind us.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 17:50 - Apr 11 with 5168 viewsIllinoisblue

what stats are on our side with regard to clubs bouncing back?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 17:52 - Apr 11 with 5161 viewsMrTown

It is incredible, really is. Hope results turn in League 1 and we can start being clinical.

The atmosphere won’t last forever in League 1 if results don’t follow.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 17:53 - Apr 11 with 5160 viewskizaitfc

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 17:50 - Apr 11 by Illinoisblue

Take a look at the current top 3 in the championship

6 clubs currently in the premiership were in League 1 in the past 10 years - 1 of which won the premiership!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:00 - Apr 11 with 5129 viewsMoriarty

I’m feeling quite cynical these days and was tempted to ask if your friend is able to distinguish between “feeling and athmosphere” and “delusion”.

I look at young Dozzell. He got his first goal under Mick. He looked to set to play more often before his injury. Now, under the dud, people say he’s not physically strong enough (callbacks to strong arms and Keano If I dare).

The test of any manager for me is whether he is getting the best out of his players, improving them, organizing them. The dud brought in a few in January, results are worse than under Hurst, and it seems to me, certain players have regressed.

I don’t doubt for a minute the sincerity of your friend and we all back our club and want it to succeed. So forgive my cynicism and negativity. But I think there’s more cause for concern than there is for optimism.,

fka omuircheartaigh

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:08 - Apr 11 with 5099 viewskizaitfc

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:00 - Apr 11 by Moriarty

I’m feeling quite cynical these days and was tempted to ask if your friend is able to distinguish between “feeling and athmosphere” and “delusion”.

I look at young Dozzell. He got his first goal under Mick. He looked to set to play more often before his injury. Now, under the dud, people say he’s not physically strong enough (callbacks to strong arms and Keano If I dare).

The test of any manager for me is whether he is getting the best out of his players, improving them, organizing them. The dud brought in a few in January, results are worse than under Hurst, and it seems to me, certain players have regressed.

I don’t doubt for a minute the sincerity of your friend and we all back our club and want it to succeed. So forgive my cynicism and negativity. But I think there’s more cause for concern than there is for optimism.,

Personally I have never been fully convinced by Dozzell, he needed more game time at a younger age IMO probably a loan move. Unfortunately the injury scuppered that.

To look at Lambert in any of this is just silly IMO, he has inherited a side that for the past 3 seasons has been in complete free fall.

The squad he took over had absolutely nothing, he then signed two very good players in January in Judge and Keane but still has the issue of a poor back 4 and a keeper for some reason not on the top of his game.

Lambert needs the opportunity to make this squad his own and it is very difficult when the current side isnt even a side at the moment its a team full of summer and January signings with no cohesion or balance

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:10 - Apr 11 with 5090 viewsMoriarty

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 17:52 - Apr 11 by MrTown

It is incredible, really is. Hope results turn in League 1 and we can start being clinical.

The atmosphere won’t last forever in League 1 if results don’t follow.

When Mick arrived we won our first game and he made a key point. He said if the players did for Jewel what they just did for him, Jewell would still have been in the job.

I’m not optimistic the dud can do this and I think you’re right - the extended honeymoon is on thinner ice in League One.

fka omuircheartaigh

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:15 - Apr 11 with 5062 viewsSwansea_Blue

What that shows is how utterly bored we were with Mick’s dull football and tendency to tell the fans to ‘feck off’.

I’ve enjoyed this season more than any recent one. For me football is about emotion and entertainment- take both of those out and it just becomes a chore. Genuinely, I’d rather be in this position than where we were at the end of Mick’s time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:16 - Apr 11 with 5055 viewsMoriarty

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:08 - Apr 11 by kizaitfc

Personally I have never been fully convinced by Dozzell, he needed more game time at a younger age IMO probably a loan move. Unfortunately the injury scuppered that.

To look at Lambert in any of this is just silly IMO, he has inherited a side that for the past 3 seasons has been in complete free fall.

The squad he took over had absolutely nothing, he then signed two very good players in January in Judge and Keane but still has the issue of a poor back 4 and a keeper for some reason not on the top of his game.

Lambert needs the opportunity to make this squad his own and it is very difficult when the current side isnt even a side at the moment its a team full of summer and January signings with no cohesion or balance

I know he inherited a poor squad, but he added 6 in January and our results are worse than under Hurst.

There’s a lot to be apprehensive about, imho.

fka omuircheartaigh

Login to get fewer ads

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:38 - Apr 11 with 4988 viewsMoriarty

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:15 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

What that shows is how utterly bored we were with Mick’s dull football and tendency to tell the fans to ‘feck off’.

I’ve enjoyed this season more than any recent one. For me football is about emotion and entertainment- take both of those out and it just becomes a chore. Genuinely, I’d rather be in this position than where we were at the end of Mick’s time.

Yes, but the flip side of the coin can’t go ignored.

When we conceded last night, comments were “story of our season” etc and we’ve heard those type of comments a lot since this guy took over. That to me is a sign he’s not getting it right or improving things. See my comments on Mick above. We all want what’s best for the club but we should be looking st this guy’s record and asking the questions.

fka omuircheartaigh

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:39 - Apr 11 with 4986 viewsIllinoisblue

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 17:53 - Apr 11 by kizaitfc

Take a look at the current top 3 in the championship

6 clubs currently in the premiership were in League 1 in the past 10 years - 1 of which won the premiership!

a fair point, but equally, you have don't to look very far in League 1 to see teams that were once regarded as prem/champ regulars. Charlton, Coventry, Portsmouth....

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:48 - Apr 11 with 4946 viewsFtnfwest

Financially for the club it’s significantly bad but for your average fan what’s there to miss about being the dullest side in the division, mugging teams rather than outplaying them, and being regularly outclassed by semi professionals?
A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:56 - Apr 11 with 4887 viewsHerbivore

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:15 - Apr 11 by Swansea_Blue

You've enjoyed this season more than recent ones? I'm surprised by that, for me it's been awful. We've been utterly terrible.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:57 - Apr 11 with 4871 viewsHerbivore

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:08 - Apr 11 by kizaitfc

3 years in complete freefall is made up nonsense to excuse the poor job Lambert has done thus far in terms of results.

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:04 - Apr 11 with 4843 viewsSomethingBlue

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:48 - Apr 11 by Ftnfwest

Financially for the club it’s significantly bad but for your average fan what’s there to miss about being the dullest side in the division, mugging teams rather than outplaying them, and being regularly outclassed by semi professionals?

When were we outclassed by semi-professionals? I can't remember facing a semi-professional team in my time supporting Town.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:10 - Apr 11 with 4816 viewsSuperfrans

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:00 - Apr 11 by Moriarty

You realise that calling our manager “the dud” is,
A. The actions of a child.
B. An indication that the rest of your post is not worth reading.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:33 - Apr 11 with 4742 viewsMoriarty

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:10 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

You realise that calling our manager “the dud” is,
A. The actions of a child.
B. An indication that the rest of your post is not worth reading.

It’s fair comment. Get over yourself.

fka omuircheartaigh

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:52 - Apr 11 with 4673 viewsBlueBadger

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:56 - Apr 11 by Herbivore

You've enjoyed this season more than recent ones? I'm surprised by that, for me it's been awful. We've been utterly terrible.

I can only think that we've been gripped by some kind of weird collective Stockholm syndrome, a bit like when Keane was in charge. The football was dreadful, results were dreadful and people STILL supported him. Let's get this straight here, some nice tippy-tappy in midfield where you then lose 2-0 isn't an 'Improved Performance' just because you didn't play it long.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 20:06]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:57 - Apr 11 with 4644 viewsHerbivore

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:52 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

I can only think that we've been gripped by some kind of weird collective Stockholm syndrome, a bit like when Keane was in charge. The football was dreadful, results were dreadful and people STILL supported him. Let's get this straight here, some nice tippy-tappy in midfield where you then lose 2-0 isn't an 'Improved Performance' just because you didn't play it long.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 20:06]

I just don't get it. This season has felt like some sort of cruel punishment for something I don't know I've done. I haven't gone to a game thinking we're going to win for months and months now. We don't create or score much, we can't defend. We're one of the worst Championship sides I've ever seen, if not the worst. Those enjoying it seem genuinely delusional to me. Good for them in a way, but I just don't get it. It's been horrendous this season.

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 20:03 - Apr 11 with 4610 viewsm14_blue

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 17:50 - Apr 11 by Illinoisblue

Last season all 3 relegated clubs came straight back up, could easily be 2/3 this season.
A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 20:04 - Apr 11 with 4611 viewsBlueBadger

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:57 - Apr 11 by Herbivore

I just don't get it. This season has felt like some sort of cruel punishment for something I don't know I've done. I haven't gone to a game thinking we're going to win for months and months now. We don't create or score much, we can't defend. We're one of the worst Championship sides I've ever seen, if not the worst. Those enjoying it seem genuinely delusional to me. Good for them in a way, but I just don't get it. It's been horrendous this season.

Its baffling. I appreciate that Lambert had THE worst hand of cards dealt him coming in, but I'm unconvinced that he's anything more than a one-club wonder with a neat line in self-publicity at the moment. I am more than happy for him to prove me wrong on this. Much as as I was more than happy for Roy Keane, Paul Jewell and, to a lesser extent, Mick to prove me wrong. It's maybe worth noting that only one of those DID prove me wrong.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 20:05 - Apr 11 with 4603 viewsBlueBadger

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:33 - Apr 11 by Moriarty

It’s fair comment. Get over yourself.

It detracts from an otherwise sound point. Like all that 'Dino Mick' /'Beano'(that one didn't even make sense/'Dim Magilton nonsense.

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 20:24 - Apr 11 with 4542 viewsFtnfwest

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 19:04 - Apr 11 by SomethingBlue

When were we outclassed by semi-professionals? I can't remember facing a semi-professional team in my time supporting Town.

good political point
A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 20:45 - Apr 11 with 4471 viewsMoriarty

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 20:05 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

It detracts from an otherwise sound point. Like all that 'Dino Mick' /'Beano'(that one didn't even make sense/'Dim Magilton nonsense.

Ok then. It’s a counter to the messiah aura which I find perplexing.

I’ll no longer call him a dud.

fka omuircheartaigh

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 22:05 - Apr 11 with 4251 viewsArnieM

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 18:38 - Apr 11 by Moriarty

Yes, but the flip side of the coin can’t go ignored.

When we conceded last night, comments were “story of our season” etc and we’ve heard those type of comments a lot since this guy took over. That to me is a sign he’s not getting it right or improving things. See my comments on Mick above. We all want what’s best for the club but we should be looking st this guy’s record and asking the questions.

I think you need to judge Lambert when he’s had a couple of seasons ( McCarthy has six!!) with HIS squad, not the inherited shambles from Hurst.

Lambert was unable to make any meaningful signings in the Jan window and that together with Hursts ridiculous 11 signings from lower leagues in the summer -little wonder we are being relegated is it really.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday on 07:41 - Apr 12 with 3958 viewsITFC_Forever

Knudsen’s contract is up in a couple of months, so he’ll be going.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024