Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets make no mistake, when we go down 18:02 - Apr 11 with 3845 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Probably on Saturday, maybe the following week.

Marcus Evans did this.

Yes, he's put in £100m, Yes, he saved us when Sheppy's mis-management was dragging us under, I get all that, and it was what we needed at the time.

But this season is 100% on him. You can blame every manager you want, but the fact that we have been through 5 managers in his tenure and only one has been successful, and by successful, I mean not flirting with relegation; this speaks volumes.

The lack of re-investment when players were sold, the lack of a clear strategy to get us back into the Premier League, the lack of being visible to the fans, instead rolling out a mouthpiece everything something went wrong, or alternatively leaving the manager to clear up the mess with the media.

For everything that Evans has given us, he's taken away far more. He's to blame, and I don't trust him to do whatever it takes to get us back up at the first attempt. He'll move the saleable assets out use the kids, and 'hope' for that bit of luck he always hoped for in the Championship.

I suspect there will either be a carefully choreographed 'interview' with the club or with Stuart 'The Rottweiler' Watson, (think more Mary Berry than Jeremy Paxman) and plenty will be soothed by it before Evans disappears back into his lair for another year, presumably writing more non disclosure agreements for his ex managers or dropping them into shark infested swimming pools.

Of course, half of this board will think I'm wrong and Saint Marcus will do something different, the same people who think next season will be a walk in the park.

Meanwhile the feel good factor is back, and Saint Marcus is using it as a smokescreen to escape.

[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 18:11]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:40 - Apr 11 with 3628 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect that the feelgood factor is largely smoke and mirrors engendered by some good press conferences from the manager and some midfield tippy-tappy football before losing. A few games in League One of our frighteningly lightweight midfielders being bullied by cynical old pros will likely ruin that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:48 - Apr 11 with 3586 viewsHerbivore

Saint Marcus? How many Town fans do you think are genuinely happy with his time here as owner? It is possible to have a more nuanced position than thinking he's the devil or worshipping at the altar of Saint Marcus.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:50 - Apr 11 with 3564 viewsBlueBadger

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:48 - Apr 11 by Herbivore

Saint Marcus? How many Town fans do you think are genuinely happy with his time here as owner? It is possible to have a more nuanced position than thinking he's the devil or worshipping at the altar of Saint Marcus.

Blimey, STEADY.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:52 - Apr 11 with 3558 viewsHerbivore

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:50 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

Blimey, STEADY.

I know right, trying to introduce nuance and rejecting polarisation. So not 2019.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:53 - Apr 11 with 3555 viewsMrTown

I would throw Hurst under the same bus.

His transfer policy was fecking scandalous, and that is intertwined with Evans over seeing this, and also intertwined with not appointing a football man at the top of the club alongside him. I know we have O'Neill there now but only recently has he emerged from the shadows.

The firesafe of Championship quality that was replaced with 14 or whatever it was signings has been nothing shy of catostophiic.

HUGE REBUILD for Lambert to do in the summer.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:59 - Apr 11 with 3515 viewsBenters2

Evans out!

Buy the club.

Something like that.

I dont trust him either.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 20:09 - Apr 11 with 3479 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

....next!...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 20:13 - Apr 11 with 3472 viewsjeera

You were going ok but then had to start attacking other fans.

Why is it always impossible for people to hold a view on this matter without taking at pop at those who may have a different outlook or at least try to see some kind of balance?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 20:25 - Apr 11 with 3420 viewsFtnfwest

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:40 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

I suspect that the feelgood factor is largely smoke and mirrors engendered by some good press conferences from the manager and some midfield tippy-tappy football before losing. A few games in League One of our frighteningly lightweight midfielders being bullied by cynical old pros will likely ruin that.

We cant have people enjoying themselves without mick
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:03 - Apr 11 with 3327 viewsBlueBadger

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 20:25 - Apr 11 by Ftnfwest

We cant have people enjoying themselves without mick

It's more that I'm baffled by people enjoying being bottom of the table because we occasionally ineffectively tip-tap it around for 20 minutes a game.

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:15 - Apr 11 with 3263 viewsjas0999

He hasn’t put in £100M. Nowhere near. He bought an initial debt for a fraction of its worth and has in the past claimed interest payments against the full amount.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:17 - Apr 11 with 3244 viewsFixed_It

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:15 - Apr 11 by jas0999

He hasn’t put in £100M. Nowhere near. He bought an initial debt for a fraction of its worth and has in the past claimed interest payments against the full amount.

He's laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe. Not.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:36 - Apr 11 with 3151 viewspeterleeblue

What F*****g feel good factor are you on about
And that relegation celebration post cab F**k right of as well.
FFS if anyone is happy with this Sh!te then you want your head testing.
I am livid.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:38 - Apr 11 with 3132 viewsSuperblue95

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:36 - Apr 11 by peterleeblue

I am livid.

We would never have guessed

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 22:27 - Apr 11 with 2992 viewsPJH

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 19:53 - Apr 11 by MrTown

I would throw Hurst under the same bus.

His transfer policy was fecking scandalous, and that is intertwined with Evans over seeing this, and also intertwined with not appointing a football man at the top of the club alongside him. I know we have O'Neill there now but only recently has he emerged from the shadows.

The firesafe of Championship quality that was replaced with 14 or whatever it was signings has been nothing shy of catostophiic.

HUGE REBUILD for Lambert to do in the summer.

So your "Long live king Hurst" post of 3rd August no longer applies?
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 23:41 - Apr 11 with 2831 viewsNazemariner

I'm not having a bar of that.

Yes, we all agree that it would be nice if ME were to throw a little more money at the club. And yes, with hindsight it is clear that he has made a few dodgy managerial appointments over the years. What he hasn't done is pick a team, take a training session, or indeed kick a ball. The vast majority of the blame lies firmly at the feet of managers, coaches and players, both past and present.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 23:53 - Apr 11 with 2811 viewsWarhurst

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 23:41 - Apr 11 by Nazemariner

Yes, we all agree that it would be nice if ME were to throw a little more money at the club. And yes, with hindsight it is clear that he has made a few dodgy managerial appointments over the years. What he hasn't done is pick a team, take a training session, or indeed kick a ball. The vast majority of the blame lies firmly at the feet of managers, coaches and players, both past and present.

This. Plus both the appointment of Hurst and Lambert were both well received at the time, who honestly objected to both?
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 01:35 - Apr 12 with 2725 viewsIllinoisblue

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 23:41 - Apr 11 by Nazemariner

this acceptance of him being a complacent, detached and still, a decade on, incompetent owner is part of the problem. And it's not just about the money; he as leader of the club should set the tone from the top down or, if he's not willing to do that, employ capable people to do it for him. He's failed. Unless a hastily drawn-up five point plan counts. Or that one time he did that video.

He's a failure.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 04:39 - Apr 12 with 2635 viewsBenters2

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:36 - Apr 11 by peterleeblue

I am livid.

'Dont worry bout a thing'.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 04:45 - Apr 12 with 2628 viewsBenters2

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 01:35 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

this acceptance of him being a complacent, detached and still, a decade on, incompetent owner is part of the problem. And it's not just about the money; he as leader of the club should set the tone from the top down or, if he's not willing to do that, employ capable people to do it for him. He's failed. Unless a hastily drawn-up five point plan counts. Or that one time he did that video.

He's a failure.

This.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 05:03 - Apr 12 with 2622 viewsBenters2

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:15 - Apr 11 by jas0999

He has Fishers is always banging on about it..

Anybody caught celebrating going down needs their head looked at,its nothing to be proud of or pleased about.

Fresh start?

Load of balls.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 06:54 - Apr 12 with 2530 viewsmrshallisfit

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 21:17 - Apr 11 by Fixed_It

He's laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe. Not.

No. It has been a poor poor investment for him. I'm sure he wished he had never invested in ITFC. But where are our sympathies? On a multi-millionaire who has been lumbered with a football club that is losing him lots of money. Or ITFC - a once proud football club that is hurtling towards obscurity or worse. Due to years of neglect, mis-management and insufficient funding.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 06:59 - Apr 12 with 2520 viewsmrshallisfit

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 01:35 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

He's a failure.

Who appointed those managers? Poor decisions all of them except MM. And then when he is really starting to build something he then is undercut by a lack of investment. You seem to be absolving most of the blame from ME. Sorry but that is just wrong.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 07:16 - Apr 12 with 2471 viewsmrshallisfit

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 06:59 - Apr 12 by mrshallisfit

Who appointed those managers? Poor decisions all of them except MM. And then when he is really starting to build something he then is undercut by a lack of investment. You seem to be absolving most of the blame from ME. Sorry but that is just wrong.

Sorry I seem to have attached to the wrong text.
Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 07:21 - Apr 12 with 2447 viewsbadadski

Lets make no mistake, when we go down on 06:59 - Apr 12 by mrshallisfit

I’m voicing opinion as I don’t know Marcus Evans but he hasn’t lost touch or interest but has now realised what we already know. This division has outgrown us with parachute payment clubs and clubs willing to break the rules.

It was always going to happen if the club was run within fair play rules sooner or later. We were treading water by having a team that could scrap and play dirty with mick but was rarely enjoyable to watch.

Most fans attested to this and sooner or later it was going to happen. The only thing that is going to maybe compete is having a squad of talented individuals that have had game time together and have grown confident togethet hence invested lots in youth which Marcus has done.

This league has proved with injuries and putting them in at the deep end that now is not the time they are ready but next season will be easier teams, lesser talented opposition allowing our team of youngsters to play and see if works.

Make or break by changing identity like England with Gareth Southgate and with the original overhual that saw our county win the youth world cup at various ages due to trying to identify and bring youth through the ranks until they reached senior level and were already a team that knew how one another played and more importantly winning together.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 7:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024