Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referendum overturned 05:50 - Apr 12 with 6998 viewsMoriarty

In Switzerland due to voters being poorly informed.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/swiss-court-overturns-referendum-as-voters-

fka omuircheartaigh

Referendum overturned on 08:08 - Apr 12 with 5247 viewsnoggin

U lost git ova it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Referendum overturned on 08:13 - Apr 12 with 5234 viewschicoazul

You do know that's what happened in Ireland too right? Liberal, informed, poetic, handsome Ireland full of very clever people voted the wrong way so the EU and the establishment literally deployed psychologists to "prove" the people didnt understand the question and asked them again, getting the right answer this time.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Referendum overturned on 08:16 - Apr 12 with 5221 viewslowhouseblue

which is precisely why the leaflet and other material issued by the government during the referendum were subject to extensive legal and accuracy checks. i don't think anyone has claimed that there was inaccuracy in what the government distributed:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Referendum overturned on 08:35 - Apr 12 with 5164 viewsfactual_blue

YEW MIST REE SPECD DE WIL OV DER PEEPOLL.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Referendum overturned on 08:40 - Apr 12 with 5160 viewslowhouseblue

Referendum overturned on 08:35 - Apr 12 by factual_blue

YEW MIST REE SPECD DE WIL OV DER PEEPOLL.

or you could just portray people who disagree with you as stupid.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Referendum overturned on 08:50 - Apr 12 with 5123 viewsMattinLondon

Referendum overturned on 08:40 - Apr 12 by lowhouseblue

And in return get portrayed as treasonous liberals who’d like to bow down to the EUSSR.
Referendum overturned on 09:03 - Apr 12 with 5100 viewslowhouseblue

Referendum overturned on 08:50 - Apr 12 by MattinLondon

And in return get portrayed as treasonous liberals who’d like to bow down to the EUSSR.

two wrongs don't make a right, and all that. rise above it and be the better person.

Referendum overturned on 09:27 - Apr 12 with 5065 viewsMattinLondon

Referendum overturned on 09:03 - Apr 12 by lowhouseblue

two wrongs don't make a right, and all that. rise above it and be the better person.

But I don’t want to rise above it. I like winding up the Brexit mob because they get sooo angry.
Login to get fewer ads

Referendum overturned on 09:34 - Apr 12 with 5047 viewsBlueBadger

Referendum overturned on 08:40 - Apr 12 by lowhouseblue

Frankly, listenig to These People's Very Real Concerns has landed us in this mess in the first place. Particularly as their Very Real Concerns were either the result of ignorance, prejudice, misinformation or pure fantasy in the first place.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Referendum overturned on 09:50 - Apr 12 with 5028 viewsElderGrizzly

And we’ve canned 6,000 jobs and wasted £1.5bn so far on a no deal scenario alone.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/11/uk-stands-down-6000-no-deal-bre

That’s before you add in the £66bn hit the economy has taken since the vote
Referendum overturned on 09:51 - Apr 12 with 5027 viewslowhouseblue

Referendum overturned on 09:34 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Frankly, listenig to These People's Very Real Concerns has landed us in this mess in the first place. Particularly as their Very Real Concerns were either the result of ignorance, prejudice, misinformation or pure fantasy in the first place.

and there you have it.

Referendum overturned on 09:57 - Apr 12 with 5024 viewsusm

Ha, yeah, lets over rule it

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Referendum overturned on 10:06 - Apr 12 with 5004 viewsBlueBadger

Referendum overturned on 09:51 - Apr 12 by lowhouseblue

and there you have it.

Frankly, anyone who swallows Boris, Nige and Goregous George whole IS stupid.

I can prove it to three decimal places.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Referendum overturned on 10:09 - Apr 12 with 5006 viewslowhouseblue

Referendum overturned on 10:06 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Frankly, anyone who swallows Boris, Nige and Goregous George whole IS stupid.

I can prove it to three decimal places.

the failure of imagination and empathy involved in not being able to comprehend why people disagree with you also gets close to the definition of stupid.

Referendum overturned on 10:11 - Apr 12 with 4995 viewsBlueBadger

Referendum overturned on 10:09 - Apr 12 by lowhouseblue

the failure of imagination and empathy involved in not being able to comprehend why people disagree with you also gets close to the definition of stupid.

I know why they did it - a combination of minsinformation, ignorance, being lied to and, in some case, being quite thick.

Referendum overturned on 10:14 - Apr 12 with 4995 viewsNo9

Referendum overturned on 08:13 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

You do know that's what happened in Ireland too right? Liberal, informed, poetic, handsome Ireland full of very clever people voted the wrong way so the EU and the establishment literally deployed psychologists to "prove" the people didnt understand the question and asked them again, getting the right answer this time.

I recommend you spend some time watching UK Parliament TV. That will provide you with all the evidence you need to demonstrate many of our legislators don't understand what they were voting for.
Referendum overturned on 10:14 - Apr 12 with 4996 viewslowhouseblue

Referendum overturned on 10:11 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

I know why they did it - a combination of minsinformation, ignorance, being lied to and, in some case, being quite thick.

and there we have it.

Referendum overturned on 10:32 - Apr 12 with 4968 viewschicoazul

Referendum overturned on 10:14 - Apr 12 by No9

I recommend you spend some time watching UK Parliament TV. That will provide you with all the evidence you need to demonstrate many of our legislators don't understand what they were voting for.

It was the public who voted in the referendum.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Referendum overturned on 10:50 - Apr 12 with 4936 viewsNo9

Referendum overturned on 10:32 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

It was the public who voted in the referendum.

You are missing the point
If the legislators don't know what reality is how can the public?

How many times did I get derided for posting that the Irish border would be a serious issue?

& as you can see from current posts in other threads there are many who still don't understand how the EU works

What you sshould really be looking at is what the real intent of those who want to leave really is
Referendum overturned on 10:51 - Apr 12 with 4934 viewschicoazul

Referendum overturned on 10:50 - Apr 12 by No9

How many times did I get derided for posting that the Irish border would be a serious issue?

& as you can see from current posts in other threads there are many who still don't understand how the EU works

What you sshould really be looking at is what the real intent of those who want to leave really is

The point you're making seems to be completely different from the point of the thread.

Referendum overturned on 11:06 - Apr 12 with 4915 viewsSpruceMoose

Referendum overturned on 09:03 - Apr 12 by lowhouseblue

Yeah. That'll stop them from voting for stupid stuff for stupid reasons won't it?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Referendum overturned on 11:07 - Apr 12 with 4914 viewsNo9

Referendum overturned on 10:51 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

The point you're making seems to be completely different from the point of the thread.

No, think about it
Referendum overturned on 11:21 - Apr 12 with 4895 viewsRyorry

Referendum overturned on 09:34 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

And particularly since The Biggest Irony Ever is that the Referendum was only advisory (yet is being implemented) - had it been a proper, legally binding, Referendum, the result would have been overturned because of the electoral fraud committed in the run up to the vote ...

Our political system is barking mad.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Referendum overturned on 13:09 - Apr 12 with 4841 viewsMoriarty

Referendum overturned on 08:13 - Apr 12 by chicoazul

Lots of interesting adjectives there.

I’m Irish. So I do indeed recall the referendum you referred to, the misinformation which led to “no”/protest vote and the subsequent “yes” vote. I presume people are entitled to change their mind in the IK as well?

fka omuircheartaigh

Referendum overturned on 13:23 - Apr 12 with 4825 viewsgazzer1999

Referendum overturned on 10:50 - Apr 12 by No9

So if we come out of Europe and Scotland votes for independence, and rejoins the EU, are we going to have a hard boarder or rebuild Hadrians wall?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024