Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tippy tappy football and.... 09:10 - Apr 12 with 1272 viewsbobbyramsey

....pretty triangles, is this the answer? I didn't see Brentford doing much of this, or any other teams for that matter. They just appears to walk straight through us at will. Is it because we don't have players with the ability to go past the opposition? All momentum appears to be lost when we start fannying around with the ball, oh for a bit more positivity and direct football.
Tippy tappy football and.... on 09:13 - Apr 12 with 1267 viewsBlueBadger

Apparently, it's more enjoyable if we we tap it around in the middle third for 20 minutes and then lose 2-0.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 9:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tippy tappy football and.... on 09:17 - Apr 12 with 1251 viewsiamipswich

Brentford had 3 or 4 players that could beat 1,2 or 3 men while we don't really have any. This would create acres of space for their players that buzzed around with great movement which we just couldn't cope with.

As far as I can see, if you don't have those sort of players, the best way to create space is with one touch football. Just look at Quaner's chance which hit the post. We need more of that if we want to carve out chances.

Poll: Who will return first?

Tippy tappy football and.... on 09:42 - Apr 12 with 1203 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm sure it's a confidence thing but we just need to inject a little pace and forward direction into these moves sooner. As it stands we seem to work the ball well but slowly and we end up trying to overload the opposition in one of the full back positions. That's all well and good but the defence has time to get behind the ball and get organised. And also when successful, we're using three or four players to release one player to put a cross into the box with no-one in there — or at least they're outnumbered by defenders.

Clearly they're better/more confident players but Brentford moved the ball quickly and through the middle before we could get settled. It was just a completely different level of threat.

We should trouble League One teams more but converting our play into genuine attacking threat and chances seems to be the big thing to improve on from this season. I'm hopeful it's a confidence or belief issue more than a personnel issue.

Pronouns: He/Him

Tippy tappy football and.... on 11:47 - Apr 12 with 1107 viewschristiand

They really passed the ball round quickly, broke explosively with pace, were generally very impressive and made us look very second rate. They'd have 3 or 4 up in support with their forwards. We just don't that. Invariably, Quaner gets the ball and he has Judge hovering around him or relatively close, but then it takes time for the others to get up and support and by that time the opposition are back in position and momentum is lost. Even when we are looking to get crosses into the box we normally have only one person in the opposition's penalty area. That's got to be some delivery to pick them out time and again. Sadly, after watching the game on Wednesday night, just wished we played more like them.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:00 - Apr 12 with 1096 viewsITFC_Forever

Tippy tappy football and.... on 09:13 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Apparently, it's more enjoyable if we we tap it around in the middle third for 20 minutes and then lose 2-0.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 9:13]

Standing about, not having a shot on goal and then losing isn't much fun either.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:09 - Apr 12 with 1075 viewsSarge

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:00 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

Standing about, not having a shot on goal and then losing isn't much fun either.

Some people seem to forget what came before this.
Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:10 - Apr 12 with 1070 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:09 - Apr 12 by Sarge

Top half finishes, usually

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:17 - Apr 12 with 1034 viewsSarge

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:10 - Apr 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Top half finishes, usually

Paul Hurst got us into the top half? News to me
Login to get fewer ads

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:22 - Apr 12 with 1014 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tippy tappy football and.... on 11:47 - Apr 12 by christiand

They really passed the ball round quickly, broke explosively with pace, were generally very impressive and made us look very second rate. They'd have 3 or 4 up in support with their forwards. We just don't that. Invariably, Quaner gets the ball and he has Judge hovering around him or relatively close, but then it takes time for the others to get up and support and by that time the opposition are back in position and momentum is lost. Even when we are looking to get crosses into the box we normally have only one person in the opposition's penalty area. That's got to be some delivery to pick them out time and again. Sadly, after watching the game on Wednesday night, just wished we played more like them.

This is the way I have seen us recently and Brentford are a lower mid-table side.

We have a lot to improve on if we are going to get back to being a Championship side. There are a few promising signs (I think we don't make the same level of catastrophic defensive errors we did at the start of the season and we do keep the ball at times).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:24 - Apr 12 with 1005 viewsJimmyJazz

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:09 - Apr 12 by Sarge

Hoofball!!!!!

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:27 - Apr 12 with 993 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:17 - Apr 12 by Sarge

Paul Hurst got us into the top half? News to me

I’m fairly confident the comment about no shots and losing wasn’t in reference to Hurst...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Tippy tappy football and.... on 12:35 - Apr 12 with 959 viewsMrTown

Passing with positivity is the right answer, it’s what we want.

Think with a bit more confidence we will inject a bit of pace into the passing and movement. More confidence will breed more understanding allowing us to move it quicker and slicker.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024