Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football fandom is so weird 11:07 - Apr 12 with 778 viewsitfcjoe

Even if you think Evans is a poor owner, who makes poor decisions rather than his financial backing, and that the club is going nowhere under his leadership, and that he doesn't want to sell - what can you do?

You are tied to the club, especially if geographically based here, and the bond gets stronger and stronger. Why do we do it to ourselves? Why do I have my children kitted out in ITFC kits and one of first words as 'Ipswich Town'

How do people who live away, where there may be progressive clubs in your area continue to do so?

It's all very strange and totally irrational, you hope for the best but can't change it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football fandom is so weird on 11:10 - Apr 12 with 758 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

One of your childrens first words was Ipswich Town. That is incredible.
Wouldn't be able to answer the other question, football is just weird.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Yeah, I hate football. (n/t) on 11:12 - Apr 12 with 743 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Football fandom is so weird on 11:21 - Apr 12 with 722 viewssolemio

Marcus Evans can't do much about it either. He would sell like a shot - he has said so more than once - if the right offer came in, but nobody wants to buy.

By right I mean right for the club. Obviously it would have to be right for himself and his business as well!

Yes, he could risk more of his money. It is very easy for us to splash someone else's cash.
Football fandom is so weird on 11:30 - Apr 12 with 710 viewsmrshallisfit

Football fandom is so weird on 11:21 - Apr 12 by solemio

Marcus Evans can't do much about it either. He would sell like a shot - he has said so more than once - if the right offer came in, but nobody wants to buy.

By right I mean right for the club. Obviously it would have to be right for himself and his business as well!

Yes, he could risk more of his money. It is very easy for us to splash someone else's cash.

Making good football decisions would be a start.
Football fandom is so weird on 11:36 - Apr 12 with 699 viewsunstableblue

My biggest regret about Ipswich's demise over the last decade has been my son not getting into the Town and becoming a Blue. When he first started coming, we tonked West Ham, and him and his mate were jumping around enjoying the false flare of JET.

Then we had a brief lift when Mick came in and interest was briefly raised - BUT, and I know I'm not allowed to mention this on this board (and you are quite a Mick proponent as are many others), but the football really wasn't very good to watch, and we had very limited passing and attacking intent. We would often have low possession at home, and especially the last two seasons it got very very drab and the atmosphere turned poisonous.

Now this had a lot to do with investment, ME just didn't invest enough. But to be honest he messed up pretty much all his managerial appointments.

To the point, I'm Ipswich mad, they're my local team, and I will continue to subject myself to the car crash. Albeit I've probably enjoyed some of Lambert's performances than many games over the last five years, especially with the crowd so invested in the improved style. But I'm a bit disillusioned at the lack of goals and the continuing basic errors.

I so wish my son had got the bug, by watching a decent manager and team play relatively exciting stuff - don't think it would have taken us winning every week. So I have to go alone or with similar addicts - living on the glory of Burley's rise.

I do pity these younger supporters who didn't watch Burley's incremental development of the team and system. When we attacked at will, moved and passed very well, hit the by line, and were the sum of our parts. All with a creative midfielder pulling the strings.

Sigh.... BLUE ARMY

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Football fandom is so weird on 12:16 - Apr 12 with 642 viewsitfcjoe

Football fandom is so weird on 11:21 - Apr 12 by solemio

That's a myth unfortunately - he doesn't want to sell.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024