Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could we be THAT team in League One? 14:45 - Apr 12 with 2269 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I have seen a lot of fans of League One clubs say that the refereeing in League One is absolutely laughable and some drop off from the already poor Championship officiating.

I am just wondering though if we could be one of the teams that benefits from this?

Who can forget our old mate Alf Buskh in the 1991/92 championship season? The guy was absolutely terrible but pretty much every single big call went in our favour. We won about 20 penalties that season and I am sure he gave half of them! He seemed to be the ref every home game in the final months of the season.

We have seen teams like Leeds and Villa come down here and get everything from the ref. We have seen teams at the top of the table get everything from refs. We have had absolutely nothing from officials this season, no doubt largely down to being rubbish in the first place but it's always been the case that teams up the top get the penalty shouts and decisions teams down the bottom don't.

As one of the biggest clubs in the division next year and potentially one up the top challenging, I wonder if we will finally see 50/50 calls go our way on a ridiculous ratio, the likes of which we've been on the receiving end of for seasons?

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Could we be THAT team in League One? on 14:48 - Apr 12 with 2226 viewsMullet

I suspect we see what we want. Teams hound the referee in a way we just never do. Only Judge does it now, but before that only maybe SHunt, Lee, Magilton (must be an Irish thing) really made a bee line for the ref.

We're just too soft and don't do enough to manage games. Bournemouth won promotion by controlling refs. I'd like to see us do the same, but in reality we probably won't.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Could we be THAT team in League One? on 15:26 - Apr 12 with 2124 viewsIllinoisblue

pretty sure we NEVER lost a game that dear Alf reffed. Up there with Barry Knight for legendary status.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Could we be THAT team in League One? on 15:31 - Apr 12 with 2082 viewsITFC_Forever

Could we be THAT team in League One? on 15:26 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

pretty sure we NEVER lost a game that dear Alf reffed. Up there with Barry Knight for legendary status.

Even at Anfield in the cup in 1992, he waited until we were level before he went off injured.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Could we be THAT team in League One? on 20:19 - Apr 12 with 1838 viewsitfc_bucks

Could we be THAT team in League One? on 15:26 - Apr 12 by Illinoisblue

You say that about Barry Knight, but pick a single call in that game he got wrong. Faultless refereeing.

In fact, the only argument that could reasonably be made, I think, is that they could have had more cards, sooner.
Could we be THAT team in League One? on 20:23 - Apr 12 with 1819 viewsDarkHorse

F*ck me, are we already at the stage of hoping for a bit of luck to survive division 3.
Could we be THAT team in League One? on 22:15 - Apr 12 with 1648 viewsWickets

Could we be THAT team in League One? on 20:19 - Apr 12 by itfc_bucks

You say that about Barry Knight, but pick a single call in that game he got wrong. Faultless refereeing.

In fact, the only argument that could reasonably be made, I think, is that they could have had more cards, sooner.

When we lost at Watford 1-0 in the FA Cup a few years ago,Magilton was manager, some of our fans where singing his name (only one Barry Knight) he proceeded to give Watford ever 50/50 send a Town midfielder off (irish player cant remember his name) and at 0-0 10 minutes to go Grab an injured Jamie Peters by the arm and march him off to be subbed. As you say all 3 were stone wall pens .
Could we be THAT team in League One? on 22:27 - Apr 12 with 1610 viewsloyalfan

Could we be THAT team in League One? on 22:15 - Apr 12 by Wickets

When we lost at Watford 1-0 in the FA Cup a few years ago,Magilton was manager, some of our fans where singing his name (only one Barry Knight) he proceeded to give Watford ever 50/50 send a Town midfielder off (irish player cant remember his name) and at 0-0 10 minutes to go Grab an injured Jamie Peters by the arm and march him off to be subbed. As you say all 3 were stone wall pens .

George O’Callaghan.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 22:28]
Could we be THAT team in League One? on 23:28 - Apr 12 with 1490 viewsCoastalblue

Could we be THAT team in League One? on 20:23 - Apr 12 by DarkHorse

F*ck me, are we already at the stage of hoping for a bit of luck to survive division 3.

Budgie

Was it Alf that gave the Dean Saunders penalty? He was an appaling excuse for a referee to the point of actually being funny.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024