Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So we could go down as early as today. 07:10 - Apr 13 with 2111 viewsBenters2

One answer to the following question,who's fault is it that we are going down?

1.Evans.

2.Manager.

3.Fans.
So we could go down as early as today. on 07:22 - Apr 13 with 2067 viewsSuperblue95

Sorry, it’s mine.

I stuck money on us staying up at Xmas and I win feck all at gambling. We’d have pulled clear if it wasn’t for my curse

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So we could go down as early as today. on 07:40 - Apr 13 with 2017 viewsBenters2

So we could go down as early as today. on 07:22 - Apr 13 by Superblue95

Sorry, it’s mine.

I stuck money on us staying up at Xmas and I win feck all at gambling. We’d have pulled clear if it wasn’t for my curse

No.3 then
So we could go down as early as today. on 07:41 - Apr 13 with 2014 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

4. Benters

Given that you were going to take the credit if things went well it’s only reasonable that you’re blamed when it hasn’t, wouldn’t you say?

What would you rather be ? by Benters2 1 Apr 2018 7:25
A Numbskull or Happy Clapper?

I guess the HC live longer as they dont get worked up about a lot?

Yet a Numbskull may well have forced out a boring manager,and next year we could well have free flowing exciting football to watch!

Numbskulls 1.HC 0.

Other examples also available

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So we could go down as early as today. on 08:09 - Apr 13 with 1945 viewsjas0999

Evans
So we could go down as early as today. on 08:13 - Apr 13 with 1935 viewsBenters2

So we could go down as early as today. on 07:41 - Apr 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

4. Benters

Given that you were going to take the credit if things went well it’s only reasonable that you’re blamed when it hasn’t, wouldn’t you say?

What would you rather be ? by Benters2 1 Apr 2018 7:25
A Numbskull or Happy Clapper?

I guess the HC live longer as they dont get worked up about a lot?

Yet a Numbskull may well have forced out a boring manager,and next year we could well have free flowing exciting football to watch!

Numbskulls 1.HC 0.

Other examples also available

Yeah go on then my fault

4.Benters
So we could go down as early as today. on 09:12 - Apr 13 with 1848 viewsGuthrum

4. The football authorities

For allowing rampant greed and inflation to tear the heart out of the English game, meaning: 1. cannot afford it, despite being a wealthy man; 2. cannot buy the players he needs, despite a budget of millions; and 3. are priced out of attending while clubs still cannot break even.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:22 - Apr 13 with 1819 viewsPendejo

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:12 - Apr 13 by Guthrum

4. The football authorities

For allowing rampant greed and inflation to tear the heart out of the English game, meaning: 1. cannot afford it, despite being a wealthy man; 2. cannot buy the players he needs, despite a budget of millions; and 3. are priced out of attending while clubs still cannot break even.

Indeed if only they could introduce something that insisted that clubs could not run at a loss... and actually enforced it. It would deflate the market massively [wages & transfer fees]

But I guess for us it is polarized by remembering a club that competed in the top division, so well that over a 10 year period only Liverpool were better than us in the league.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:22 - Apr 13 with 1819 viewschristiand

Evans all day long. PH made all those lower league signings in the summer, but this worked perfectly for ME to get rid of many of the club’s top earners for profit and bring in cheaper replacements. That’s ME’s whole approach at ITFC generally...cheap, cheap, cheap....like the bird. You put little in, you get little out and that’s exactly what ME has got. Hope he’s watching today and squirming in his seat our relegation is solely on him. This has been coming and he didn’t have the foresight or willingness to reactify our demise.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 9:24]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:26 - Apr 13 with 1793 viewsFixed_It

Football is a simple game - but not that simple!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:27 - Apr 13 with 1798 viewsGuthrum

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:22 - Apr 13 by Pendejo

Indeed if only they could introduce something that insisted that clubs could not run at a loss... and actually enforced it. It would deflate the market massively [wages & transfer fees]

But I guess for us it is polarized by remembering a club that competed in the top division, so well that over a 10 year period only Liverpool were better than us in the league.

Run all that time by a family whose wealth consisted of a regional brewery and some land, not the oil riches of a gulf state.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 9:29]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:31 - Apr 13 with 1784 viewsSouperJim

I love how someone always reduces down everything noteworthy that happens at ITFC to a binary argument.

Evans 65%

Hurst 25%

Lambert 5%

Fans 5%

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:35 - Apr 13 with 1760 viewsPendejo

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:27 - Apr 13 by Guthrum

Run all that time by a family whose wealth consisted of a regional brewery and some land, not the oil riches of a gulf state.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 9:29]

I think there's a phrase for that era.... TWTD

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:36 - Apr 13 with 1757 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mick for being mean to fans.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So we could go down as early as today. on 10:13 - Apr 13 with 1691 viewspointofblue

So we could go down as early as today. on 09:22 - Apr 13 by christiand

Evans all day long. PH made all those lower league signings in the summer, but this worked perfectly for ME to get rid of many of the club’s top earners for profit and bring in cheaper replacements. That’s ME’s whole approach at ITFC generally...cheap, cheap, cheap....like the bird. You put little in, you get little out and that’s exactly what ME has got. Hope he’s watching today and squirming in his seat our relegation is solely on him. This has been coming and he didn’t have the foresight or willingness to reactify our demise.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 9:24]

In terms of sales, we would have some unhappy players on our hands if we said no Waghorn and Garner leaving whilst there was logic to letting McGoldrick go on a free; for whatever reason he’s had a much better season, fitness wise, this time around.

In terms of purchases, I’m just trying to imagine the reaction in the summer if Hurst turned round and said Evans was blocking the signings he was trying to make. One thing I will support Evans over is he does let the manager’s manage instead of control from the ballroom; unfortunately this hasn’t been a very successful strategy so far but it’s the right one.

But I agree with Guthrum - we have fell foul of the uncontrollable influx of money at top level which hasn’t been used to improve the game further down. With the amount of cash in the game now the fans of Bolton and Bury should not be wondering whether their team will be in the football league next season but the TV money is being grasped at the top to the detriment of the rest.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So we could go down as early as today. on 10:25 - Apr 13 with 1647 viewstractordownsouth

Evans and Hurst

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So we could go down as early as today. on 10:31 - Apr 13 with 1636 viewspointofblue

So we could go down as early as today. on 10:25 - Apr 13 by tractordownsouth

Evans and Hurst

Lambert shouldn’t be absolved of all blame either IMO - for whatever reason he failed to adapt tactically to our position and decided to focus on developing the team’s style even though we were in deep trouble.

But I agree more of the blame should be laid at the feet of Evans, Hurst and, even more so, the football authorities - the latter for the current state of football in general.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So we could go down as early as today. on 10:32 - Apr 13 with 1632 viewsSomethingBlue

It doesn't have to be a binary thing, and isn't, but the buck stops with the owner.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So we could go down as early as today. on 10:50 - Apr 13 with 1593 viewsGlasgowBlue

Let’s just get it over and done with and look to the future. No point in casting blame or recrimination. It’s been done.

Can’t wait I for this season to end and our promotion push start.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So we could go down as early as today. on 11:55 - Apr 13 with 1532 viewschristiand

So we could go down as early as today. on 10:13 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

In terms of sales, we would have some unhappy players on our hands if we said no Waghorn and Garner leaving whilst there was logic to letting McGoldrick go on a free; for whatever reason he’s had a much better season, fitness wise, this time around.

In terms of purchases, I’m just trying to imagine the reaction in the summer if Hurst turned round and said Evans was blocking the signings he was trying to make. One thing I will support Evans over is he does let the manager’s manage instead of control from the ballroom; unfortunately this hasn’t been a very successful strategy so far but it’s the right one.

But I agree with Guthrum - we have fell foul of the uncontrollable influx of money at top level which hasn’t been used to improve the game further down. With the amount of cash in the game now the fans of Bolton and Bury should not be wondering whether their team will be in the football league next season but the TV money is being grasped at the top to the detriment of the rest.

The sales I can understand, but you replace 'like with like' not a copious of amount of untested lower league players and those signings weren't even tearing it up in their respective leagues. Agree, ME certainly does let the manager's manage, however there have been times throughout his tenure when he allows things to drift and doesn't show those leadership skills and ask the difficult questions, which he should as an owner. This club has his name emblazoned all over it, but he seems content that we are now a League One outfit, but I feel sure that the level of finance needed will more than match ME's ambitions over the last few seasons. To me, he's the polar opposite of those owners that continually interfere, but he's just as bad with his lack of involvement. Either he is too trusting or plainly naive, but make no mistake it's his fault we're in the position we are with a little help from the inept PH!! The squad is just not good enough, but you get what you are prepared to pay for I suppose.

So we could go down as early as today. on 12:01 - Apr 13 with 1517 viewschristiand

So we could go down as early as today. on 10:31 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

Lambert shouldn’t be absolved of all blame either IMO - for whatever reason he failed to adapt tactically to our position and decided to focus on developing the team’s style even though we were in deep trouble.

But I agree more of the blame should be laid at the feet of Evans, Hurst and, even more so, the football authorities - the latter for the current state of football in general.

Lets be honest, PL could've done better in his approach, but I don't really hold him accountable when you look at what he's got to work with especially before January. Even those signed in January weren't going to make much difference (well apart from Judge), but I'd be amazed if they were PL's first choice signings they weren't going to save a sinking ship.

So we could go down as early as today. on 12:09 - Apr 13 with 1489 viewsKeaneish

It's either Brexit's, Mick McCarthy's or Mullet's.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So we could go down as early as today. on 12:16 - Apr 13 with 1479 viewshoppy

Clegg

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024