Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Formula One is just so pointless 08:51 - Apr 13 with 14976 viewschristiand

This just me? Why not give the the manufacturers the same model car and see who the best driver is. It’s Mercedes by a distance season on season... so dull.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:01]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:08 - Jun 23 with 2083 viewsStokieBlue

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:04 - Jun 23 by christiand

Reading the articles on BBC Sport’s homepage, I noticed yet another 1,2 for Mercedes again today. What an exciting season this is for Formula One!! 🤥
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:05]

I'd be interested in knowing how you can judge an entire event from just the BBC homepage. Federer won his 10th Halle title today - I don't see you making sweeping judgements about tennis from that headline and his obvious dominance.

Today's race wasn't good and there are huge issues. Your posting however is equally as rubbish. We know you don't like it, nobody has asked you to watch it so why don't you just give a it rest? You didn't even watch it so why do you even care?

SB
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:10]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:16 - Jun 23 with 2070 viewschristiand

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:08 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

I'd be interested in knowing how you can judge an entire event from just the BBC homepage. Federer won his 10th Halle title today - I don't see you making sweeping judgements about tennis from that headline and his obvious dominance.

Today's race wasn't good and there are huge issues. Your posting however is equally as rubbish. We know you don't like it, nobody has asked you to watch it so why don't you just give a it rest? You didn't even watch it so why do you even care?

SB
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:10]

‘Hook, line and sinkered,’ just too easy! 😂 The Mercedes’ dominance is just not doing Formula One any favours. Appreciate you’re defending a sport you enjoy, but surely even you can see it?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:17]

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:20 - Jun 23 with 2065 viewspoppiesman

I lost interest in it years ago, Now one of the most boring sports that Sky show.
Formula One is just so pointless on 17:22 - Jun 23 with 2063 viewsStokieBlue

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:16 - Jun 23 by christiand

‘Hook, line and sinkered,’ just too easy! 😂 The Mercedes’ dominance is just not doing Formula One any favours. Appreciate you’re defending a sport you enjoy, but surely even you can see it?
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:17]

I've not defended the sport. In fact if you read the thread I've said things need to change.

Dominance has always been a thing, Williams, Ferrari, Red Bull etc. It's pretty rubbish but as you've said you don't watch it all you're doing is trolling and acting like a wally.

SB

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:28 - Jun 23 with 2055 viewschristiand

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:22 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

I've not defended the sport. In fact if you read the thread I've said things need to change.

Dominance has always been a thing, Williams, Ferrari, Red Bull etc. It's pretty rubbish but as you've said you don't watch it all you're doing is trolling and acting like a wally.

SB

Dominance in the past, but not to this extent, an embarrassing response of Cameroonian proportions. Go and collect your toys and put them back in your pram!! 😂

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:30 - Jun 23 with 2050 viewsStokieBlue

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:28 - Jun 23 by christiand

Dominance in the past, but not to this extent, an embarrassing response of Cameroonian proportions. Go and collect your toys and put them back in your pram!! 😂

Williams would have won every race 1-2 in one season given their car was 2 seconds quicker if they had the reliability of the cars now.

Perhaps it would be better if you knew what you were talking about.

You're a troll, something which is getting worse on the board. All you are doing is trying to get a rise from people.

Give it a rest.

SB

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:35 - Jun 23 with 2039 viewschristiand

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:30 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

Williams would have won every race 1-2 in one season given their car was 2 seconds quicker if they had the reliability of the cars now.

Perhaps it would be better if you knew what you were talking about.

You're a troll, something which is getting worse on the board. All you are doing is trying to get a rise from people.

Give it a rest.

SB

The problem you have is that I’ve called it exactly what is and you don’t like it. You don’t have to respond, but you can’t help yourself. Throughout the thread I’ve not been unreasonable, the situation is what is.....a dull and predictable affair! 👍

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:37 - Jun 23 with 2037 viewsStokieBlue

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:35 - Jun 23 by christiand

The problem you have is that I’ve called it exactly what is and you don’t like it. You don’t have to respond, but you can’t help yourself. Throughout the thread I’ve not been unreasonable, the situation is what is.....a dull and predictable affair! 👍

You've admitted in your post you were trolling so bit odd to shift your stance now.

I agree, it's been dull and predictable today, very much like your posts actually.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:42 - Jun 23 with 2025 viewschristiand

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:37 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

You've admitted in your post you were trolling so bit odd to shift your stance now.

I agree, it's been dull and predictable today, very much like your posts actually.

SB

Brilliant, what a terrific and mature response!! 👏
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:49]

Formula One is just so pointless on 18:08 - Jun 23 with 2000 viewsJon_456

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:42 - Jun 23 by christiand

Brilliant, what a terrific and mature response!! 👏
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 17:49]

The first time you mention it fair enough, you’ve watched the sport and given your opinion that it’s boring. But then to come back again and again after every race commenting on how rubbish it is, what’s the point?

I don’t enjoy watching women’s football but I’m not going to watch the games and then come on here moaning about how rubbish it is and ask why people bother watching it.

Perhaps you should find a hobby or something else to watch on a Sunday.
Formula One is just so pointless on 19:07 - Jun 23 with 1976 viewsbournemouthblue

It's been tried before with A1?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A1_Grand_Prix

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Formula One is just so pointless on 20:35 - Jun 23 with 1924 viewschristiand

Formula One is just so pointless on 18:08 - Jun 23 by Jon_456

The first time you mention it fair enough, you’ve watched the sport and given your opinion that it’s boring. But then to come back again and again after every race commenting on how rubbish it is, what’s the point?

I don’t enjoy watching women’s football but I’m not going to watch the games and then come on here moaning about how rubbish it is and ask why people bother watching it.

Perhaps you should find a hobby or something else to watch on a Sunday.

Think I’ve found my hobby with this thread, but thanks for the advice.

Formula One is just so pointless on 20:41 - Jun 23 with 1922 viewsWe_Love_Bluey

Formula One is just so pointless on 08:58 - Apr 13 by SamWhiteUK

It wouldn't be a team sport if everyone had the same car

Formula E .... more excitement in 3 laps thanks a whole Grand Prix F1.
Formula One is just so pointless on 07:28 - Jun 24 with 1847 viewspeterleeblue

Admittedly the French GP was not the best. However, there is usually entertainment to be had down the grid. In fairness the TV people usually pick up on it and focus on those cars.
Years a go the camera's just watched Schumacher lap after lap.
Formula One is just so pointless on 08:13 - Jun 24 with 1827 viewsChondzoresk

I have been watching motorsports since the early 1990s, there has been dominance by one team over every decade. 90s was Williams...the 00s was Ferrari, now we have Merc. Its part and parcel of the sport.

Yes, the French GP was a snooze fest. Austria maybe better next week. Then the Brit GP two weeks later, hopefully some wet weather may just happen and therefore mix it up.
Formula One is just so pointless on 09:05 - Jun 24 with 1816 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think you've got to be a bit of a F1/racing geek to be able to watch it and find much enjoyment. To a casual observer there's virtually nothing engaging or exciting about it, and hasn't been for a while.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Formula One is just so pointless on 09:23 - Jun 24 with 1802 viewsfooters

Formula One is just so pointless on 20:35 - Jun 23 by christiand

Think I’ve found my hobby with this thread, but thanks for the advice.

Reckon I've got this one sussed: F1 is boring and pointless but moaning about F1 being boring and pointless isn't boring or pointless at all.

Is that right?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Formula One is just so pointless on 09:33 - Jun 24 with 1792 viewsSwansea_Blue

Formula One is just so pointless on 09:23 - Jun 24 by footers

Reckon I've got this one sussed: F1 is boring and pointless but moaning about F1 being boring and pointless isn't boring or pointless at all.

Is that right?

Since when is moaning about anything ever pointless? You need to not get out more!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Formula One is just so pointless on 09:38 - Jun 24 with 1790 viewsfooters

Formula One is just so pointless on 09:33 - Jun 24 by Swansea_Blue

Since when is moaning about anything ever pointless? You need to not get out more!

Swansea_Blue is just so pointless. This just me? Why not give the the mods the same banning powers and see who the best poster is. It’s footers by a distance season on season... so dull.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Formula One is just so pointless on 10:55 - Jun 24 with 1751 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Formula One is just so pointless on 17:28 - Jun 23 by christiand

Not to this extent? In 1988 McLaren won 15 of the 16 races (and only failed to win the other as Senna was wiped out by a backmarker with 2 laps to go), whilst in 2002 Schumacher came in the top 2 in all but 1 race, coming third in the other

So hardly unprecedented

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Formula One is just so pointless on 11:03 - Jun 24 with 1741 viewsStokieBlue

Formula One is just so pointless on 10:55 - Jun 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not to this extent? In 1988 McLaren won 15 of the 16 races (and only failed to win the other as Senna was wiped out by a backmarker with 2 laps to go), whilst in 2002 Schumacher came in the top 2 in all but 1 race, coming third in the other

So hardly unprecedented

The Williams in 1992 was 2 seconds a lap faster than the next car.

That's a far bigger gap than Mercedes have.

SB

Formula One is just so pointless on 11:58 - Jun 24 with 1719 viewschristiand

Formula One is just so pointless on 09:23 - Jun 24 by footers

Is that right?

Spot on!👍

Formula One is just so pointless on 12:01 - Jun 24 with 1716 viewschristiand

Formula One is just so pointless on 10:55 - Jun 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So hardly unprecedented

But when you’re talking over a 5 year period of dominance from Mercedes, that’s a little bit different to 1 season.

Formula One is just so pointless on 12:25 - Jun 24 with 1707 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Formula One is just so pointless on 12:01 - Jun 24 by christiand

But when you’re talking over a 5 year period of dominance from Mercedes, that’s a little bit different to 1 season.

Not really, McLaren won 8 of 9 titles from 1984-1991, and Michael Schumacher and Ferrari won 5 in a row from 2000 to 2004...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Formula One is just so pointless on 12:30 - Jun 24 with 1702 viewsStokieBlue

Formula One is just so pointless on 12:25 - Jun 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not really, McLaren won 8 of 9 titles from 1984-1991, and Michael Schumacher and Ferrari won 5 in a row from 2000 to 2004...

He doesn't watch it and doesn't know much about it. He's trolling as he admitted.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024