Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Into the abyss we go then 16:58 - Apr 13 with 5356 viewsMullet

Hope there are plenty of mirrors getting good use at ITFC this next month. Never ever thought I'd live to see this day.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:18]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Into the abyss we go then on 17:03 - Apr 13 with 4145 viewsdaisyisabaddog

It will be worse next year. Brace yourself
Into the abyss we go then on 17:04 - Apr 13 with 4121 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Some would argue there are too many mirrors used by the modern footballer and not enough soul searching.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Into the abyss we go then on 17:08 - Apr 13 with 4068 viewsmrshallisfit

Into the abyss we go then on 17:03 - Apr 13 by daisyisabaddog

And it'll keep getting worse until the gristly tumour that is Marcus Evans is cut out.
Into the abyss we go then on 17:16 - Apr 13 with 3992 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 17:03 - Apr 13 by daisyisabaddog

I'm sure it will. I've been to Shrewsbury and Accrington in recent years so if the standard of facilities, games, players etc doesn't improve miraculously over the summer it'll be fairly miserable. Especially if we're not winning.

All eyes on the summer deals now.

Into the abyss we go then on 17:17 - Apr 13 with 3962 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 17:04 - Apr 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Some would argue there are too many mirrors used by the modern footballer and not enough soul searching.

Very good.

Certainly time for Lambert to earn his money now and really put this wrong right. We should never ever be here, let alone with a month or so to go.

Into the abyss we go then on 17:36 - Apr 13 with 3802 viewsmrshallisfit

Into the abyss we go then on 17:17 - Apr 13 by Mullet

Very good.

Certainly time for Lambert to earn his money now and really put this wrong right. We should never ever be here, let alone with a month or so to go.

Yes we should. We have been poorly managed from the top for years now. We have also had some pretty abysmal managers.
Into the abyss we go then on 17:43 - Apr 13 with 3728 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 17:36 - Apr 13 by mrshallisfit

Yes we should. We have been poorly managed from the top for years now. We have also had some pretty abysmal managers.

That's the point entirely. It should never have been allowed to happen at all.

I see Glendenning has had this one on ice for now. I dunno what's worse his keyboard persona or the replies.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:45]

Into the abyss we go then on 17:45 - Apr 13 with 3713 viewsgroovyASH

Very good.

Why, because of our prestige? Theres been a rot at this club for many years, that has outlived several managers now.

It's a sad day but its mingled with the feeling of inevitability
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:46]

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Login to get fewer ads

Into the abyss we go then on 17:48 - Apr 13 with 3665 viewsMoriarty

Very good.

I’m not convinced by him. But, I guess, unity trumps personal opinion.

We need one or two up front and that’s presumably where the shekels will go.

Be interesting to see who stays and who goes.

A really sad day.

fka omuircheartaigh

Into the abyss we go then on 17:49 - Apr 13 with 3660 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 17:45 - Apr 13 by groovyASH

Why, because of our prestige? Theres been a rot at this club for many years, that has outlived several managers now.

It's a sad day but its mingled with the feeling of inevitability
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:46]

Evans has always had the opportunities to change tack, to make decisions quicker and been found wanting. I've been saying that for some time, but this season was utterly avoidable.

Due diligence or even quicker action in regards to Hurst alone would have saved us. A reorganisation rather than expecting the best manager he's had to be replaced by a rookie being the most obvious and glaring act of negligence.

Into the abyss we go then on 17:53 - Apr 13 with 3625 viewsgroovyASH

Into the abyss we go then on 17:49 - Apr 13 by Mullet

Evans has always had the opportunities to change tack, to make decisions quicker and been found wanting. I've been saying that for some time, but this season was utterly avoidable.

Due diligence or even quicker action in regards to Hurst alone would have saved us. A reorganisation rather than expecting the best manager he's had to be replaced by a rookie being the most obvious and glaring act of negligence.

Evans has rarely used due diligence when making decisions at this club. The majority of his big decisions have been disastrous. He is not a football business man, just a regular one, and his utter lack of football intelligence has been telling.

Appointing a managing director with football club experience rather than the dung of Milne and Clegg would have probably gone a long way.

Alas he probably thought he was getting that for free from Redknapp
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:53]

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Into the abyss we go then on 17:55 - Apr 13 with 3607 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 17:48 - Apr 13 by Moriarty

I’m not convinced by him. But, I guess, unity trumps personal opinion.

We need one or two up front and that’s presumably where the shekels will go.

Be interesting to see who stays and who goes.

A really sad day.

I understand why people have their doubts, it's evident he hasn't done the business in a footballing sense by anything measurable. The "feelgood" stuff is entirely subjective as to be meaningless, and a lot pushing it are invested in proving they're happier I guess.

That aside, it's clean slates all round for me. Has to be.

Into the abyss we go then on 18:03 - Apr 13 with 3525 viewsFunge

Into the abyss we go then on 17:43 - Apr 13 by Mullet

I see Glendenning has had this one on ice for now. I dunno what's worse his keyboard persona or the replies.

Glendenning, what the fck has happened to that bloke? Used to be quite a decent journo, of the ilk of Rob Smyth/ Barney Ronay....

Now he's gone full Piers Morgan; holding 'controversial' opinions for money, and with paper-thin skin when criticised....

Oh, he's a Talksport presenter?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 18:12]
Into the abyss we go then on 18:06 - Apr 13 with 3495 viewsSwansea_Blue

Into the abyss we go then on 17:43 - Apr 13 by Mullet

This one is never going to go away is it? Yet we all know if wasn’t Mick leaving that was the problem per se, it was what happened afterwards.

A sad day. To those who say we’ll bounce back straight away, I say ‘Marcus Evans’. A catastrophic clusterfeck of decisions. There’s no reason to suggest that’ll change. We may do fine, we’ll see. I think you’re right that we need a successful summer though. And how many of those have we had recently?

Oh well. At least I’m not annoyed tonight - I came to terms with this a good couple of months ago. We can ‘enjoy’ what’s left of the season now and then see what the summer brings.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Into the abyss we go then on 18:07 - Apr 13 with 3488 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 18:03 - Apr 13 by Funge

Glendenning, what the fck has happened to that bloke? Used to be quite a decent journo, of the ilk of Rob Smyth/ Barney Ronay....

Now he's gone full Piers Morgan; holding 'controversial' opinions for money, and with paper-thin skin when criticised....

Oh, he's a Talksport presenter?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 18:12]

I retweeted him after Mick went and he completely out of the blue took a pop at me and my profile pic with my kid in. I then got a handful of oddball Irish blokes having a go at me in his stead.

He's a different bloke on twitter and wouldn't dare act like that anywhere else. Mainly because when you're a cross between Father Dougal and Dangermouse you'd get a hiding.

Into the abyss we go then on 18:08 - Apr 13 with 3477 viewsMoriarty

Into the abyss we go then on 17:55 - Apr 13 by Mullet

I understand why people have their doubts, it's evident he hasn't done the business in a footballing sense by anything measurable. The "feelgood" stuff is entirely subjective as to be meaningless, and a lot pushing it are invested in proving they're happier I guess.

That aside, it's clean slates all round for me. Has to be.

I guess it will indeed be clean slates. I expect the club will announce the big news PL referred to sooner rather than later. That could be a tone setter.

fka omuircheartaigh

Into the abyss we go then on 18:15 - Apr 13 with 3414 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 17:53 - Apr 13 by groovyASH

Evans has rarely used due diligence when making decisions at this club. The majority of his big decisions have been disastrous. He is not a football business man, just a regular one, and his utter lack of football intelligence has been telling.

Appointing a managing director with football club experience rather than the dung of Milne and Clegg would have probably gone a long way.

Alas he probably thought he was getting that for free from Redknapp
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:53]

Although the brief Milne and Clegg had wasn't really a football one especially in Milne's time. The main issue is no one being able to pin Evans down quickly enough. It took weeks into the season before he was even available to listen to concerns about Hurst from other senior staff.

That frankly isn't good enough. We are just another branch of a vast empire. One he is neither interested in enough to make his main focus, or organised well enough to allow others to do it for him.

I think your last sentence is the most pertinent. He should have trusted those at the club first and foremost long before. Then perhaps we'd not have had Jewell outstay his welcome for a year too long.

Into the abyss we go then on 18:29 - Apr 13 with 3292 viewsSwansea_Blue

Into the abyss we go then on 18:15 - Apr 13 by Mullet

Although the brief Milne and Clegg had wasn't really a football one especially in Milne's time. The main issue is no one being able to pin Evans down quickly enough. It took weeks into the season before he was even available to listen to concerns about Hurst from other senior staff.

That frankly isn't good enough. We are just another branch of a vast empire. One he is neither interested in enough to make his main focus, or organised well enough to allow others to do it for him.

I think your last sentence is the most pertinent. He should have trusted those at the club first and foremost long before. Then perhaps we'd not have had Jewell outstay his welcome for a year too long.

Simon Jordan suggested at much and got stick for it. I’ve always thought/assumed he’s nowhere near engaged enough for someone we’re told always has the final say. What you’ve said there about the Hurst concerns wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Into the abyss we go then on 18:50 - Apr 13 with 3211 viewsNo9

" Never ever thought I'd live to see this day."

This has been on the cards for the last 3 - 4 seasons.
Sad but we have to ope that a large broom will sweep clean
Into the abyss we go then on 18:55 - Apr 13 with 3172 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 18:29 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

Simon Jordan suggested at much and got stick for it. I’ve always thought/assumed he’s nowhere near engaged enough for someone we’re told always has the final say. What you’ve said there about the Hurst concerns wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

It's probably harder to hear from a character like Jordan. However, had say Butcher or Osman or one of those generation come out with it and risked their welcome etc. at the club who knows?

Into the abyss we go then on 18:56 - Apr 13 with 3165 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 18:50 - Apr 13 by No9

" Never ever thought I'd live to see this day."

This has been on the cards for the last 3 - 4 seasons.
Sad but we have to ope that a large broom will sweep clean

No it hasn't.

Into the abyss we go then on 19:03 - Apr 13 with 3109 viewsTractorWood

Into the abyss we go then on 17:49 - Apr 13 by Mullet

We still don't have a proper DoF or a CEO who has semblance of an idea. This structure has a fundamental purpose in providing rigour on the manager and ensuring the owner doesn't micro manage.

I think it's part of the reason our demise has happened so quickly after MM.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Into the abyss we go then on 19:06 - Apr 13 with 3086 viewsNo9

Into the abyss we go then on 18:56 - Apr 13 by Mullet

No it hasn't.

That is your opinion.
From what I have seen at PR this hasn't come as a surprise noyt welcome but not unexpected.

& from what I hear from the 'Boro fans they fear they are going the same way
Into the abyss we go then on 19:10 - Apr 13 with 3066 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 19:06 - Apr 13 by No9

That is your opinion.
From what I have seen at PR this hasn't come as a surprise noyt welcome but not unexpected.

& from what I hear from the 'Boro fans they fear they are going the same way

It's a fact.

4 seasons ago we were in the playoffs, then finished 7th 3 seasons ago, no one was talking about relegation from anywhere bar perhaps the Premier League.

If you want to link me to where you were suggesting we were heading there I'm all ears. But this is more contrarian nonsense as far as I can tell.

Even when we then went on to finish 16th there was no serious threat of relegation, it all came down to removing McCarthy and not restructuring as discussed.

Into the abyss we go then on 19:38 - Apr 13 with 2926 viewsChurchman

Me neither. It’s so sad. I hope those responsible especially Sheepshanks who started the rot here are reflecting on this. The club is rotten to the core and this began in the second prem season. Everything from the decaying ground to laughable decisions by Evans, staggeringly poor managers, and the legions of freeloaders and journeymen players who have been here. Nothing about it is progressive. For years it’s been about hoping it doesn’t get worse. I hope there is a brighter future, but I doubt it unless Evans goes and the club anchors itself in its roots again and finds its identity. As for people like Sutton and huckerby commenting, it’s none of their business. If they are sad enough to put the boot in on a club on its knees who cares; it just shows what little people they are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024