Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Into the abyss we go then 16:58 - Apr 13 with 5355 viewsMullet

Hope there are plenty of mirrors getting good use at ITFC this next month. Never ever thought I'd live to see this day.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:18]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Into the abyss we go then on 20:41 - Apr 13 with 1130 views3_5_2

Into the abyss we go then on 17:49 - Apr 13 by Mullet

Evans has always had the opportunities to change tack, to make decisions quicker and been found wanting. I've been saying that for some time, but this season was utterly avoidable.

Due diligence or even quicker action in regards to Hurst alone would have saved us. A reorganisation rather than expecting the best manager he's had to be replaced by a rookie being the most obvious and glaring act of negligence.

I confess to liking Lambert and what he has promised, on the basis he inherited too many poor / untested players and really didn't have much choice with what he could bring in during January He now has a chance to give some others a look in / a run in the side (Emmanuel for one) Bart staying would be a huge positive.

But come the start of the season, whatever team he puts out, it will have been his to shape, have a pre-season with and getting off to a decent start will be crucial to keep the fans on side.

I honestly cannot call it, I hope he does well but L1 is not going to be as easy as many believe it will be
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 20:44]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Into the abyss we go then on 22:01 - Apr 13 with 1091 viewsNo9

Into the abyss we go then on 17:45 - Apr 13 by groovyASH

Why, because of our prestige? Theres been a rot at this club for many years, that has outlived several managers now.

It's a sad day but its mingled with the feeling of inevitability
[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:46]

Indeed
Into the abyss we go then on 22:07 - Apr 13 with 1085 viewspeterleeblue

Into the abyss we go then on 19:38 - Apr 13 by Churchman

Me neither. It’s so sad. I hope those responsible especially Sheepshanks who started the rot here are reflecting on this. The club is rotten to the core and this began in the second prem season. Everything from the decaying ground to laughable decisions by Evans, staggeringly poor managers, and the legions of freeloaders and journeymen players who have been here. Nothing about it is progressive. For years it’s been about hoping it doesn’t get worse. I hope there is a brighter future, but I doubt it unless Evans goes and the club anchors itself in its roots again and finds its identity. As for people like Sutton and huckerby commenting, it’s none of their business. If they are sad enough to put the boot in on a club on its knees who cares; it just shows what little people they are.

Post of the Day!
Into the abyss we go then on 22:11 - Apr 13 with 1084 viewsNo9

Into the abyss we go then on 19:10 - Apr 13 by Mullet

It's a fact.

4 seasons ago we were in the playoffs, then finished 7th 3 seasons ago, no one was talking about relegation from anywhere bar perhaps the Premier League.

If you want to link me to where you were suggesting we were heading there I'm all ears. But this is more contrarian nonsense as far as I can tell.

Even when we then went on to finish 16th there was no serious threat of relegation, it all came down to removing McCarthy and not restructuring as discussed.

The fact the GK made many 'super saves' and kept doing so well he was voted PoY for 3 seasons running would have promted any good football manager to realise he had a defensive problem.

Had Bart kept performaing as he did Town would probably have not been where they are now (Conjections I know)

The defence is a problem but the midfield is still as easily penetrated as easy as it has been for the last few seasons - remember how Brentford scored seconds after Town hit the post, that was almost repeated this afternoon -?

That is not on ly tactics but player problems
Into the abyss we go then on 22:20 - Apr 13 with 1061 viewshowdonblue

Into the abyss we go then on 17:08 - Apr 13 by mrshallisfit

And it'll keep getting worse until the gristly tumour that is Marcus Evans is cut out.

Hear hear

He is Passionless like Jordan said in his interview!

And if anyone disagrees I’m afraid 10 years of decline tells it all
Into the abyss we go then on 23:01 - Apr 13 with 1015 viewsChurchman

Into the abyss we go then on 17:43 - Apr 13 by Mullet

That's the point entirely. It should never have been allowed to happen at all.

I see Glendenning has had this one on ice for now. I dunno what's worse his keyboard persona or the replies.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2019 17:45]

Can’t stand the bloke. When he and his rubbish first appeared on talktripe I wondered why. He and the ‘be careful what you wish for’ crowd never understood it because they never endured the tedium of McCarthys teams game after game. Why was it wrong for people to hope for better? Why was it right that just about every other club should have hope and ambition and we should be grateful for stultifying mediocrity at best? Glendenning like McCarthy is I’m sure pleased we have gone down and maybe cracked open a bottle or two to celebrate their genius. Bully for them and the rest of the simpletons like Sutton Huckerby and co.
Into the abyss we go then on 23:32 - Apr 13 with 982 viewsSeablu

Into the abyss we go then on 23:01 - Apr 13 by Churchman

Can’t stand the bloke. When he and his rubbish first appeared on talktripe I wondered why. He and the ‘be careful what you wish for’ crowd never understood it because they never endured the tedium of McCarthys teams game after game. Why was it wrong for people to hope for better? Why was it right that just about every other club should have hope and ambition and we should be grateful for stultifying mediocrity at best? Glendenning like McCarthy is I’m sure pleased we have gone down and maybe cracked open a bottle or two to celebrate their genius. Bully for them and the rest of the simpletons like Sutton Huckerby and co.

It wasn't wrong to hope for better.
The rest of your post is complete and utter petulant nonsense.
Into the abyss we go then on 08:01 - Apr 14 with 898 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 22:11 - Apr 13 by No9

The fact the GK made many 'super saves' and kept doing so well he was voted PoY for 3 seasons running would have promted any good football manager to realise he had a defensive problem.

Had Bart kept performaing as he did Town would probably have not been where they are now (Conjections I know)

The defence is a problem but the midfield is still as easily penetrated as easy as it has been for the last few seasons - remember how Brentford scored seconds after Town hit the post, that was almost repeated this afternoon -?

That is not on ly tactics but player problems

What are you talking about? You've already dismissed facts as my opinion and vice versa despite being shown to be wrong.

Now you're talking about Bart keeping us up when you were adamant at the time of his best we were certain to go down. This makes no sense at all, even by your usual.

The problem with Bart lay with Doig being allowed to bully him and other senior players and Hurst pulling him out of the team in an amateur and cowardly fashion causing even bigger fissures in the squad and putting pressure on everyone needlessly.

"The defence is the problem.. etc." could you be any vaguer?

Login to get fewer ads

Into the abyss we go then on 08:11 - Apr 14 with 886 viewsMullet

Into the abyss we go then on 19:38 - Apr 13 by Churchman

Me neither. It’s so sad. I hope those responsible especially Sheepshanks who started the rot here are reflecting on this. The club is rotten to the core and this began in the second prem season. Everything from the decaying ground to laughable decisions by Evans, staggeringly poor managers, and the legions of freeloaders and journeymen players who have been here. Nothing about it is progressive. For years it’s been about hoping it doesn’t get worse. I hope there is a brighter future, but I doubt it unless Evans goes and the club anchors itself in its roots again and finds its identity. As for people like Sutton and huckerby commenting, it’s none of their business. If they are sad enough to put the boot in on a club on its knees who cares; it just shows what little people they are.

Mick won't be happy we've gone down. He still has a lot of friends and respect here. He's also not that sort of bloke. He might be happy to see those who called him a paedo look like the sh1t that they are, but who can blame him?

Glendenning et al. might be revelling in being proven right, or desperate to be relevant but twitter is awash with the words Mick and McCarthy by those with the biggest guilty consciences it seems, and no one else. Those that told us we deserved more and would get it etc. Those that refused to accept Hurst was a dud.

Revising Mick's tenure as you've done doesn't help either. He is not to blame for relegating us, he has absolutely no part in it. We are here because we deserve to be, because we allowed our owner to be swayed by our petulance and entitlement, we didn't care about the club as much as the bloke people chastised as "not bigger than us" etc.

That allowed the succession to be ignored, and with that the club to fall apart under the guidance of a bloke who didn't know what to do once he'd earned his break here. Evans is the reason we are, and revelling in this demise and pretending it's all ok and what we wanted all along is the most bizarre thing of all.

We can pretend we've got our Ipswich back, but our Ipswich was a never a 3rd tier team hoping to make it back to the Championship one day. This season has been about illustrating just why "midtable" and "overachieving" was worthy of respect and pressure for Evans to do and be more - it's too late now. This is a blow we will not recover from for years, if at all.

Football is increasingly about money and we keep selling ourselves short.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024