Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Excited for the season ahead 17:27 - Apr 13 with 883 viewsbaxterbasics

It’s going to be a looooong summer break. But at least we’ve got promotion to look forward to, for a change.

COME ON THE TOWEN. Get preparing to plough up league 1.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Excited for the season ahead on 17:36 - Apr 13 with 856 viewsbaxterbasics

Ugh. Positivity dampened a little as I’ve discovered we are in the same league as Accrington Stanley.

Plus we’ll be competing for the top with the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth, currently in playoff spots.

Peterborough is now our local derby. Had hoped for Colchester but can see they are firmly rooted in League 2.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Excited for the season ahead on 17:48 - Apr 13 with 799 viewsjas0999

Based on the current squad (taking into account those who go), the performances this season and the fact the owner will inexplicably look to offload some of our few remaining assets - I can’t see us making the play offs.
Excited for the season ahead on 18:01 - Apr 13 with 772 viewsFixed_It

Excited for the season ahead on 17:48 - Apr 13 by jas0999

Based on the current squad (taking into account those who go), the performances this season and the fact the owner will inexplicably look to offload some of our few remaining assets - I can’t see us making the play offs.

Unlike you to be so negative...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Excited for the season ahead on 18:59 - Apr 13 with 710 viewsTractorWood

Excited for the season ahead on 17:48 - Apr 13 by jas0999

I think we are miles away from being competitive. We have a few old journeymen who are who bring little other than experience, an exciting bunch of youngsters who just can't translate their potential into any meaningful output and an owner who has a track record of making generally bad decisions.

The £100m of debt really worries me. It means the club is a bad takeover prospect. Sorry to be negative I just can't see that squad doing anything in its first season in a new league.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Excited for the season ahead on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 663 viewsAlexwaddell

Excited for the season ahead on 18:59 - Apr 13 by TractorWood

I think we are miles away from being competitive. We have a few old journeymen who are who bring little other than experience, an exciting bunch of youngsters who just can't translate their potential into any meaningful output and an owner who has a track record of making generally bad decisions.

The £100m of debt really worries me. It means the club is a bad takeover prospect. Sorry to be negative I just can't see that squad doing anything in its first season in a new league.

The big factor to take into account regarding a takeover is that the club do not own the ground...and when there is a huge debt I think the chance of any takeover is nil

Poll: What was today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024