Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad for next season so far? 18:21 - Apr 13 with 1073 viewspointofblue

Goalkeepers: Gerken
Defenders: Emmanuel, Kenlock, Chambers, Collins, Nsiala, Woolfenden
Midfielders: Edwards, Rowe, Skuse, Downes, Nydam, Dozzell, Bishop, Judge
Strikers: Harrison, Jackson, Sears, Lancaster, Morris, Folami

We possibly need one more striker if we want to send the youngsters out on loan for experience. We also need cover at full back, in goal, right midfield and potentially two players for left midfield though Judge was excellent out there today; I just prefer him in the middle. I think we’ll lose at least Bart and, obviously, Knudsen. Lambert doesn’t seem to rate Donacien at all so he’ll probably return, again, to Accrington, and Roberts cannot even get into a League Two Line up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Squad for next season so far? on 18:38 - Apr 13 with 1001 viewsAlexwaddell

I would not retain Collins, great player in his day, but now injury prone, agree with the above, Bart should go, we cannot afford him, whatever Hurst and Doig said to him has wrecked his confidence. For the remaining games of the season I would give all loan players an extended break and see what our younger players are like with a run of games. First half today was like men against boys and Mick Mills got it right when he said that Judge playing a left role and wandering infield exposes Kenlock. Look at the progress Kenlock has made with a run of games, he has faced some of the best right wingers in the championship and held his own. Toto Nsiala gets better game by game. I was disappointed with Cole Skuse today, rather than threading passes forward everything went backwards. It made a big difference having 2 strikers on the field...though Quaner was the only player to be abke to withstand the physicality of Birmingham players. We need to start next season well and on the front foot to have a cgance of first time promotion. Over the summer Town will need to offload a lot of players as the current squad is 49 and really it should be around 25.

Poll: What was today?

Squad for next season so far? on 18:44 - Apr 13 with 954 viewsSonOfSpock

Squad for next season so far? on 18:38 - Apr 13 by Alexwaddell

I would not retain Collins, great player in his day, but now injury prone, agree with the above, Bart should go, we cannot afford him, whatever Hurst and Doig said to him has wrecked his confidence. For the remaining games of the season I would give all loan players an extended break and see what our younger players are like with a run of games. First half today was like men against boys and Mick Mills got it right when he said that Judge playing a left role and wandering infield exposes Kenlock. Look at the progress Kenlock has made with a run of games, he has faced some of the best right wingers in the championship and held his own. Toto Nsiala gets better game by game. I was disappointed with Cole Skuse today, rather than threading passes forward everything went backwards. It made a big difference having 2 strikers on the field...though Quaner was the only player to be abke to withstand the physicality of Birmingham players. We need to start next season well and on the front foot to have a cgance of first time promotion. Over the summer Town will need to offload a lot of players as the current squad is 49 and really it should be around 25.

Heard that Barts Dad died earlier this season so imagine that has has something to do with his drop in form. Personally, every interview I've seen him in I think he's depressed.

Skuse passing backwards? Who'd have thought. He can barely pass water.
Squad for next season so far? on 18:46 - Apr 13 with 943 viewsjas0999

That squad will struggle in league one. For a start, Gerken has failed to suggest he is even remotely good enough. Same issues with him: no control of area. Poor in the air. Makes critical errors.

Collins might play 20% of a season. Can’t justify a wage on him. Defence looks very weak.

Midfield is decent, but Rowe will go. Wouldn’t be surprised if we look to off load Skuse wages - he hasn’t been good for a while now.

Up front I honestly believe Lankaster could score a hatful. If Evans doesn’t cash in. Sears May take a while to return to any sort of form. We may look to off load Harrison. Morris & Folami May struggle in league one physically.

We need reinforcements. Lambert just said as much.
Squad for next season so far? on 18:48 - Apr 13 with 935 viewsNW10_Tractor

Don’t forget Donacien... he could be quite a player for us in league 1. Could see Harrison being nuisance for opposing defenders and sears picking up the pieces! Convert Jackson into a winger with his pace with judge on the opposite wing and you could have quite a force. Keeping sears matchc fit would be key....

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

Squad for next season so far? on 18:54 - Apr 13 with 887 viewsjas0999

Squad for next season so far? on 18:44 - Apr 13 by SonOfSpock

Heard that Barts Dad died earlier this season so imagine that has has something to do with his drop in form. Personally, every interview I've seen him in I think he's depressed.

Skuse passing backwards? Who'd have thought. He can barely pass water.

I think his father passed away in late 2015 ... ?
Squad for next season so far? on 19:01 - Apr 13 with 850 viewschristiand

Squad for next season so far? on 18:46 - Apr 13 by jas0999

That squad will struggle in league one. For a start, Gerken has failed to suggest he is even remotely good enough. Same issues with him: no control of area. Poor in the air. Makes critical errors.

Collins might play 20% of a season. Can’t justify a wage on him. Defence looks very weak.

Midfield is decent, but Rowe will go. Wouldn’t be surprised if we look to off load Skuse wages - he hasn’t been good for a while now.

Up front I honestly believe Lankaster could score a hatful. If Evans doesn’t cash in. Sears May take a while to return to any sort of form. We may look to off load Harrison. Morris & Folami May struggle in league one physically.

We need reinforcements. Lambert just said as much.

I look at that squad and think it needs a couple of experienced additions. Gerken isn't for me, but if we could keep Bart then great. Agree regarding Collins, can we get someone in with quality and experience at CB to provide a bit of steel? Skuse I think PL will keep, but wouldn't be adverse to a like for like replacement, but not sure who? A goalscorer is paramount. We can create chances, but have lacked the quality to put them away. I'd be tempted to look at the League One top goalscorers and see if their clubs would accept a bid - Andy Cook (Walsall), Billy Kee (Accrington), Ruben Lamieras (Plymouth) or Norwood at Tranmere Rovers (L2). We need someone that gets one chance and puts the ball away. What it comes down to is how much ME is prepared to spend. As we've found out over the last few seasons we've become more like a League One club due to ME's austerity, so this reality should work for him.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024