Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation 18:59 - Apr 13 with 11146 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I told you he’d take us down and instead got shouted down.

This has been coming for years and years and years. Criminal levels of underinvestment was always going to end one way.

I’m saddened by today but do you know what? I’m angry. He’s been allowed to take us down without even a chant against him ffs.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:03 - Apr 13 with 5498 viewsJ2BLUE

The game is too expensive for him. If you were him would you throw in £20m per season knowing that half of the division does the same thing?

Being a bit pedantic now but you call it under-investment. Investment is supposed to lead to growth. There's no guarantee that it would have.

Evans carries a large portion of the blame but it's not as black and white as you like to claim.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:06 - Apr 13 with 5471 viewsFixed_It

And without his 'underinvestment' what mess would we be in? At least we still have a Club to support even if we are going down. Why has the finger of blame always got to be pointed? Does it make us feel better?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:08 - Apr 13 with 5439 viewsDarth_Koont

But oddly it's when managers spend a lot that things really go t!ts up for us. So, not quite that simple.

Pronouns: He/Him

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:08 - Apr 13 with 5432 viewsSwailsey

Not today Rommy.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:10 - Apr 13 with 5418 viewsDeano69

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:06 - Apr 13 by Fixed_It

And without his 'underinvestment' what mess would we be in? At least we still have a Club to support even if we are going down. Why has the finger of blame always got to be pointed? Does it make us feel better?

Who knows, 3rd tier football?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:11 - Apr 13 with 5402 viewsjas0999

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:03 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

The game is too expensive for him. If you were him would you throw in £20m per season knowing that half of the division does the same thing?

Being a bit pedantic now but you call it under-investment. Investment is supposed to lead to growth. There's no guarantee that it would have.

Evans carries a large portion of the blame but it's not as black and white as you like to claim.

I would have invested to a level which didn’t lead to this relegation though. No one is suggesting he spends £5M on a player - but he has very much showed his naivety by stating he funds fees OR wages. PH chose fees, but the wages were League one or two. MM chose wages, but that restricted the market on offer. Evans has made many mistakes. Good at selling players - but in the cases of Murphy and Webster it was inexcusable that we didn’t have deals lined up. We started this season with just one senior CB. Hurst as we know wanted Tilt, but we haggled over £100K. Murphy just wasn’t replaced. Madness.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:11 - Apr 13 with 5403 viewsRegencyBlue

If you want to own a football club then funding it sufficiently is surely an obvious necessity.

If you can’t, or won’t, there’s only one way that’s going to end. Which we have found to our cost!
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:13 - Apr 13 with 5373 viewschristiand

Sorry, but ME is to blame. He's been hoping to keep our heads above water for as little as possible, which is where MM came in handy. Where did he think we'd end up? Where's the ambition? Sadly, there isn't one and that comes from him, our owner. He's lacked leadership and appears afraid to challenge when things have got tough. I suppose you can point fingers at some of the managers, but ME has been the constant over the last 12 seasons where we've 'generally' shown a demise.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:14 - Apr 13 with 5365 viewsJ2BLUE

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:11 - Apr 13 by RegencyBlue

If you want to own a football club then funding it sufficiently is surely an obvious necessity.

If you can’t, or won’t, there’s only one way that’s going to end. Which we have found to our cost!

He didn't want to own a football club. It was supposed to be a short term investment. Now that is something he does deserve stick for. His gamble went wrong so he should write off his losses an sell for a sensible price.

Truly impaired.

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:15 - Apr 13 with 5355 viewsFixed_It

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:10 - Apr 13 by Deano69

Who knows, 3rd tier football?

Or 3rd tier football, administration and a winding up order? I hate the phrase but...be careful what you wish for!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:17 - Apr 13 with 5348 viewsRegencyBlue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:06 - Apr 13 by Fixed_It

So what’s the alternative then?

Do we just ignore the fact Evans is slowly killing the club, because that’s what’s happening.

His supporters keep going on about where we would be without him. It’s where we are going with him that bothers me!
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:17 - Apr 13 with 5326 viewsBluesquid

When Lambert took over in October we were 7 points adrift if i remember rightly.
Escaping the drop at this point was very, very doable and had Lambert been properly backed by Evans then we would of made it.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:18 - Apr 13 with 5319 viewsCarlosValderrama

The ignorant fans that hounded Mick out should be blamed equally.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:20 - Apr 13 with 5281 viewsJ2BLUE

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:18 - Apr 13 by CarlosValderrama

The ignorant fans that hounded Mick out should be blamed equally.

You're looking back with the benefit of hindsight. It was toxic. If he had stayed ST sales would have plummeted and things could have been just as bad.

Truly impaired.

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:21 - Apr 13 with 5276 viewsITFC_Forever

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:11 - Apr 13 by RegencyBlue

But ME did in the beginning.

But the financial landscape in the Championship has changed massively in that time, and was what it was when ME bought the club.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:25 - Apr 13 with 5228 viewsFixed_It

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:17 - Apr 13 by RegencyBlue

So what’s the alternative then?

Do we just ignore the fact Evans is slowly killing the club, because that’s what’s happening.

His supporters keep going on about where we would be without him. It’s where we are going with him that bothers me!

One man's 'killing' is another man's 'saving'. I admit there are two ways of looking at it - but to suggest he doesn't fund tge club is just plain wrong - and pretty unfair.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:28 - Apr 13 with 5203 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:08 - Apr 13 by Swailsey

Not today Rommy.

It’s the day we were relegated at his stewardship!

Today is exactly the day.

I hate him for what he’s done to us.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:37 - Apr 13 with 5104 viewsJohnny_Boy

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:28 - Apr 13 by The_Romford_Blue

It hasn't been just him though.

Most of the managers under his stewardship must accept some level of blame. Even MM's short vision management of the club as a whole for the 5+ years can't be ignored.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:41 - Apr 13 with 5064 viewsSwailsey

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:28 - Apr 13 by The_Romford_Blue

We were on the decline before he was here financially.

It’s all a mess, dating back to Sheepshanks’ days.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:44 - Apr 13 with 5035 viewsFenoit

Give yourself a pat on the back.
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 20:02 - Apr 13 with 4899 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Well said Rommy ! Very well said !

I've been saying that (including you and few other people) for years. Been slated and insulted number of times by his 'TWTD Evans' representatives'. Up until 2017 they had been using FFP as an excuse to defend him. When they realised FFP was a joke they created other excuses or forms of defence for him. Most frequent? Buy the club if you aren't happy.

Now we have fans who believe that the youngsters can steer us into the great things. Where is the limit of Town fans' delusions? People don't realise that Lambert has no choice just to put bigger 'faith' in youth because he won't get money needed to mount a promotion challenge next season. Our lightweight youngsters can easily get bullied on many occasions next season. It won't be a fun. It ain't an end of the nightmare. Things WILL NOT GET better as long as Evans owns ITFC. Wouldn't wish him this horrible pest to any football club and that includes Norwich.

I'll be probably by ridiculed or insulted by some as always but don't care at all. So broken and devastated today even though a relegation has been obvious for a while. It's been coming for years given Evans' policy, Hurst's recruitment was a final nail in the coffin and hate to say that we have fully deserved that as a club..

Ipswich TILL I DIE !
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 20:04 - Apr 13 with 4877 viewsSonOfSpock

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 19:11 - Apr 13 by jas0999

I would have invested to a level which didn’t lead to this relegation though. No one is suggesting he spends £5M on a player - but he has very much showed his naivety by stating he funds fees OR wages. PH chose fees, but the wages were League one or two. MM chose wages, but that restricted the market on offer. Evans has made many mistakes. Good at selling players - but in the cases of Murphy and Webster it was inexcusable that we didn’t have deals lined up. We started this season with just one senior CB. Hurst as we know wanted Tilt, but we haggled over £100K. Murphy just wasn’t replaced. Madness.

Murphy was replaced.....

by Leon Best
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 20:06 - Apr 13 with 4857 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 20:04 - Apr 13 by SonOfSpock

Murphy was replaced.....

by Leon Best

And we were told to stop moaning and get behind the club. FFS !
Marcus Evans is to blame for the relegation on 20:23 - Apr 13 with 4813 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

And yet almost every manager who has worked under him has said what a good owner he is.

The rot had set in before he took over, he inherited a huge debt it’s not like he has run the Club into the ground. He has kept our head above water at considerable cost to his business interests.

Yes he made mistakes letting Murphy go with no replacement, perhaps appointing Hurst then letting Waghorn and Garner go but he has propped the Club up, maybe kept us in the Championship longer than we deserved.

Controversial (on here perhaps) but I would rather Evans in charge now and and next season than a real fly by night operator. We are not Bolton.
Whatever Rommers on 20:32 - Apr 13 with 4756 viewsDyland

Get out of your bubble buh. "Shouted down"... maybe by a handful of posters on an internet forum... whatever. 99% of fans feel and think the same as you.

There was a chant against ME. It was "Evans you're a co ont", and it was as shameful as his useless running of the club.

Sometime when I listen to the bolllix on here and the MEG PR I think we all deserve each other. And it makes me sad I support this great club with all our pr1ck fans and utterly inept owner.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024