Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think we’ll ever be great again? 23:27 - Apr 13 with 1676 viewsghostofescobar

As in, Premier League, perhaps like Leicester? My first game was in 1976, and this feels pretty low.

GhostOfEscobar

Do you think we’ll ever be great again? on 23:35 - Apr 13 with 1639 viewsFtnfwest

Leicester are the 17th richest club.......in the world. So unlikely
Do you think we’ll ever be great again? on 23:36 - Apr 13 with 1634 viewshowdonblue

Mine was 1974

Nothing lower than this rubbish
Do you think we’ll ever be great again? on 23:50 - Apr 13 with 1601 viewsfloridablue

I'd put money on it and say no, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Well into my 60s now and certainly feel I've had my moneys worth following Town way back when. One of the luckier ones!
Do you think we’ll ever be great again? on 23:55 - Apr 13 with 1577 viewsChurchman

Doubtful. But you never know.
Do you think we’ll ever be great again? on 00:04 - Apr 14 with 1544 viewsAlexGreen

Things can change quickly in football though. Norwich in League One after that glorious Colchester defeat I'm sure didn't expect to so quickly become the yo-yo Premiership club they are now (I know that's not the 'success' that you referenced but it's on the right path) - we can get back to the promised land if we find and stick with a manager that can build us - I really believe and hope that Lambert is the person to do that.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Do you think we’ll ever be great again? on 00:56 - Apr 14 with 1438 viewsCoastalblue

One day modern football will go bang along with cr4ppy talent shows on TV and after that hopefully come sanity will return and we can with a fair wind climb our way back toward the summit.

This might be 2095 or so unfortunately.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Do you think we’ll ever be great again? on 01:21 - Apr 14 with 1406 viewsrgp1

Do you think we’ll ever be great again? on 00:56 - Apr 14 by Coastalblue

One day modern football will go bang along with cr4ppy talent shows on TV and after that hopefully come sanity will return and we can with a fair wind climb our way back toward the summit.

This might be 2095 or so unfortunately.

Agree totally, sooner or later the football gravy train will be derailed. You cannot keep on growing forever and everything in life has a peak before it levels out.
Do you think we’ll ever be great again? on 01:37 - Apr 14 with 1373 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Depends how you define great. Let's keep this simple, if you mean in terms of say 1977 - 82, then No, it's highly unlikely, at least in many of our lifetimes. If you're young enough right now, not to say it won't happen in the far off future, but in all truth, wouldn't expect too much.

If on the other hand you take the Burley years - few as they were - finishing in the top five in the top league and hosting European nights once again at Portman Road, then it's very much feasible.

First and foremost we got a big enough challenge in the immediate years ahead. Take pride in the club history and achievements, the players and great managers (Ramsey, Robson) assembled, but accept for now we're so far off (and will be for some considerable time) it's a night and day comparison.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024