Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are now relegated, what now for the future? 05:31 - Apr 14 with 1169 viewsharlingblue

Paul Lambert has reignited the love of the club to the supporters, but has not done it with results on the pitch, had plenty of time to salvage our season, but failed with poor signings, some good, but injury prone, while letting better players Donacien etc go out on loan.
Big Mick's teams, with a far better squad, only ground out games, lost the supporters because he should have done better with the players he had to pick from.
Paul Hurst, a successful Manager at a lower level, recruited lower league players that he believed to be good for the club to supplement his current squad.
A mass exodus of main 1st team players ensued, McGoldrick, Garner, Webster, (Celina on loan) and the greatest loss Waghorn, who like Judge took every freekick, but also knew how to score.
Some of the Hurst players are starting to look the part, Nolan, Nsiala, Edwards, Jackson (if converted to a winger)? Donacien at right back, and Harrison alongside a 'real' centre forward (to be bought), plus the wonderful players coming back from loan (Woolfenden and co) an those through from our U23 team, Ndaba and co.
Doom and gloom at the moment, but perhaps groom and bloom for the future, even if it means having to win two FA Cup ties before getting knocked out in the 3rd Round.
We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 05:53 - Apr 14 with 1146 viewsMach_foreignBlue

In a nutshell nothing is going get better as long as Evans owns the club.
We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 06:01 - Apr 14 with 1145 viewsBenters2

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 05:53 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

In a nutshell nothing is going get better as long as Evans owns the club.

I can’t see how suddenly after only winning 4-42 we are suddenly going to become a top 2 outfit in the league below?
We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 08:42 - Apr 14 with 1022 viewsjas0999

With Evans at the helm, mid table in league one at best. For several seasons.
We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:15 - Apr 14 with 969 viewsGlasgowBlue

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 06:01 - Apr 14 by Benters2

I can’t see how suddenly after only winning 4-42 we are suddenly going to become a top 2 outfit in the league below?

Our results in the Championship have no bearing on the results achievable in league one. But we can agree that most teams in League one are inferior to the teams we have lost against in the Championship? And can we also agree that none of our defeats were out and out spankings? We can definitely agree that a lot of the goals we conceded were down to individual errors which were punished by good Championship strikers. And we can agree that our strikers were out if their depth at Championship level but have a proven record in a league one.

So if we then follow your train of thought, it’s not unreasonable to say we should turn the games we drew in the Championship into wins in League one. And it follows that if we could turn the games we lost in the championship into draws in league one.

By that logic we are already on 70+ points, which puts us top six.

Now it won’t work out that way but you can see why people believe that the gulf between the two leagues will come into play with regards to season and if we keep the same squad then they are more than capable of producing what I set out above.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:21 - Apr 14 with 938 viewsGlasgowBlue

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 08:42 - Apr 14 by jas0999

With Evans at the helm, mid table in league one at best. For several seasons.

We may as well give up now then with that attitude.

Iron Lion Zion

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:21 - Apr 14 with 938 viewsFixed_It

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:15 - Apr 14 by GlasgowBlue

Our results in the Championship have no bearing on the results achievable in league one. But we can agree that most teams in League one are inferior to the teams we have lost against in the Championship? And can we also agree that none of our defeats were out and out spankings? We can definitely agree that a lot of the goals we conceded were down to individual errors which were punished by good Championship strikers. And we can agree that our strikers were out if their depth at Championship level but have a proven record in a league one.

So if we then follow your train of thought, it’s not unreasonable to say we should turn the games we drew in the Championship into wins in League one. And it follows that if we could turn the games we lost in the championship into draws in league one.

Now it won’t work out that way but you can see why people believe that the gulf between the two leagues will come into play with regards to season and if we keep the same squad then they are more than capable of producing what I set out above.

Haha! Don't start talking logic with some of this lot - it will confuse them.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:23 - Apr 14 with 934 viewsFixed_It

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:21 - Apr 14 by GlasgowBlue

We may as well give up now then with that attitude.

Quite. Some seem to want to wallow in self-pity. We all hurt - but let's try to generate some positivity because it will be needed next season.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:25 - Apr 14 with 921 viewsPJH

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:15 - Apr 14 by GlasgowBlue

Hurst's signings make sense now, he was aiming for a promotion push from League One and he set that project in motion last summer.

Logically we should do a hell of a lot better next season than we have this, in fact we should have done a hell of a lot better this season.

We will be seen as just about the biggest "name" in the division because of our proud history and teams will raise their games and/or try to make things difficult for us so we will have to earn whatever points we get but we should have the capabilities to do that.
Login to get fewer ads

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:28 - Apr 14 with 910 viewsGlasgowBlue

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:23 - Apr 14 by Fixed_It

Quite. Some seem to want to wallow in self-pity. We all hurt - but let's try to generate some positivity because it will be needed next season.

Indeed. Even though we have been down for some time now it still hurt like hell after the final whistle yesterday.

But I’ve shed my tears, accepted the relegation and now can’t wait for next season to start so we can get back up.

We need everybody 100% behind the club.

Iron Lion Zion

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:35 - Apr 14 with 881 viewstextbackup

We are now relegated, what now for the future? on 09:28 - Apr 14 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. Even though we have been down for some time now it still hurt like hell after the final whistle yesterday.

But I’ve shed my tears, accepted the relegation and now can’t wait for next season to start so we can get back up.

We need everybody 100% behind the club.

Unfortunately though we have far too many ‘fans’ that would rather point score against one another, or try and be right, rather than being a proper fan.

I agree with you though

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024