Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Death by a thousand cuts 07:33 - Apr 14 with 1468 viewshomer_123

This has been a long time coming.

A whimpering, gutless and idiotic season is the culmination of the hard work Evan's has undertaken in slowly killing this club.

Why? I dont know...he gains nothing from a club dying so completely or from abject relegation. He will struggle to divest this once magnificent club.

He has a duty and responsibility to, once and for all, reverse his approach to owning this club. Yet I defy anyone to be genuinely positive whilst he remains our owner.

I, along with many others, will be there next season as we sail in waters not seen for many years. Hoping that we safely plot a course by the:stars and that the weight of burden, expectation or poor leadership doesnt weigh us down to the even lower depths of Division 4.

#COYFBs

Do it for yourselves, do it for the fans, do it to defy expectations, do it in spite of our owner

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Death by a thousand cuts on 07:44 - Apr 14 with 1424 viewstractorboy1978

I'm frightened to think about the way Evans would have approached this pre Lambert. It seems very clear to me the "feel good factor" has been entirely derived by Lambert. ME really would be staring down the barrel without the atmosphere PL has created.
Death by a thousand cuts on 08:16 - Apr 14 with 1354 viewshowdonblue

Death by a thousand cuts on 07:44 - Apr 14 by tractorboy1978

I'm frightened to think about the way Evans would have approached this pre Lambert. It seems very clear to me the "feel good factor" has been entirely derived by Lambert. ME really would be staring down the barrel without the atmosphere PL has created.

Evans should do the right thing and sell
So that someone with more stomach for the fight can try and turn this club around.

Because even if lambert stays next season
While evens is here we are never going nowhere I’m afraid to say

You can see it now free transfer journeyman signings and minimum investment

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SELL

Mr evans
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 8:17]
Death by a thousand cuts on 08:37 - Apr 14 with 1282 viewsjas0999

Death by a thousand cuts on 07:44 - Apr 14 by tractorboy1978

Exactly this.
Death by a thousand cuts on 09:10 - Apr 14 with 1243 viewsdavblue

He has to learn from this.

My worry is he hasn’t learnt from his other mistakes over the last 10/11 years.
Death by a thousand cuts on 09:50 - Apr 14 with 1179 viewsSteve_M

Yes, just look at the state of the ground. It's reflective of Evans' approach to the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Death by a thousand cuts on 09:58 - Apr 14 with 1148 viewsFtnfwest

It’s so much more than money though, it’s principally the execs he’s appointed. People who have no footballing acumen at all, are just businessmen and who don’t seem to be very good at that either. As a result there’s also no new ideas or innovation at all and Marcus’s answer to that earlier this season was to try to do it himself!
Managerial appointments have been poor as well and purely based on candidates past exploits. We need an owner and more importantly his senior ‘team’ to select candidates who will achieve those exploits with us, not other clubs years before.
Lambert I hope gets the opportunity to bring us back but if it doesn’t work out we should look at the many assistants at higher level (which is where Nathan Jones came from) for future managers.
Death by a thousand cuts on 10:10 - Apr 14 with 1114 viewstractorboy1978

Death by a thousand cuts on 09:58 - Apr 14 by Ftnfwest

It’s so much more than money though, it’s principally the execs he’s appointed. People who have no footballing acumen at all, are just businessmen and who don’t seem to be very good at that either. As a result there’s also no new ideas or innovation at all and Marcus’s answer to that earlier this season was to try to do it himself!
Managerial appointments have been poor as well and purely based on candidates past exploits. We need an owner and more importantly his senior ‘team’ to select candidates who will achieve those exploits with us, not other clubs years before.
Lambert I hope gets the opportunity to bring us back but if it doesn’t work out we should look at the many assistants at higher level (which is where Nathan Jones came from) for future managers.

Evans fundamental problem is he has never had any form of tangible plan. That has been particularly clear with Keane and Hurst who were both given carte blanche to rip out the foundations.

I am interested to hear what comes out with the season tickets this year. I suspect it'll be more virtue signalling but we need to actually see actions now. As I mentioned above, Lambert has saved his arse this season.
Death by a thousand cuts on 10:18 - Apr 14 with 1084 viewspointofblue

Death by a thousand cuts on 09:50 - Apr 14 by Steve_M

Yes, just look at the state of the ground. It's reflective of Evans' approach to the club.

Even Lambert made passing reference to the state of the stadium in his programme notes yesterday. Shabby is too kind a word.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Death by a thousand cuts on 10:58 - Apr 14 with 1012 viewsGuthrum

Death by a thousand cuts on 09:58 - Apr 14 by Ftnfwest

Point of order: The only thing upon which it is possible to base managerial appointments is 'past exploits', unless you're in possession of a crystal ball.

With both Keane and Hurst (the two most critical hirings in terms of damage done), that experience was very recent.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Death by a thousand cuts on 11:12 - Apr 14 with 978 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Death by a thousand cuts on 10:58 - Apr 14 by Guthrum

Point of order: The only thing upon which it is possible to base managerial appointments is 'past exploits', unless you're in possession of a crystal ball.

With both Keane and Hurst (the two most critical hirings in terms of damage done), that experience was very recent.

I do not know if you notice but where it says Co-operative Stand on top of that very stand, the R is very nearly coming off. They have not even bothered to paint outside.
Death by a thousand cuts on 11:15 - Apr 14 with 973 viewsRegencyBlue

Death by a thousand cuts on 10:10 - Apr 14 by tractorboy1978

Evans fundamental problem is he has never had any form of tangible plan. That has been particularly clear with Keane and Hurst who were both given carte blanche to rip out the foundations.

I am interested to hear what comes out with the season tickets this year. I suspect it'll be more virtue signalling but we need to actually see actions now. As I mentioned above, Lambert has saved his arse this season.

Oh he had a plan at the start which was pretty obvious.

Buy the clubs debt at a fraction of its face value, throw a few million in to get us promoted and then get the debt paid back in full from the Premiership million’s. He could then keep siphoning money from the club or sell us as an established Premiership side!

Trouble is it didn’t work and once Evans realised it wasn’t going to he lost interest and neglected all aspects of the club, with the inevitable result being what happened yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024