Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Adeyemi 11:26 - Apr 14 with 7580 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This is going to cause major knee jerk reactions but hear me out.

Where does his career go now. He's back in training but will anyone offer him a contract. Can't help thinking an Adeyemi from 2 years ago (
pre injury hell) would be absolutely the sort of player we need for L1 and someone out of our reach now. SO....i wouldnt be averse to keeping him. There i said it. BUT hold reaction for now. He needs to prove his fitness and clearly you could not offer him a standard contract. I'm talking a very modest wage with the majority being on a pay when played basis (or in squad x amount, in team x amount etc).

So basically it's built so next to no risk for us.

I apprecuate most will say cut the cord, move on. But he's a cracking player, athletic and well built for L1 football. You can put the kids in with him as good experience. It's just vert tempting if he would accept all the risk himself in his contract and not us....
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 11:29]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Tom Adeyemi on 11:28 - Apr 14 with 6168 viewsLimitlessBlue

He is not a cracking player, athletic and well built for L1 football, he is a sicknote who has had injury after injury after injury and shown an unwillingness to even try.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Tom Adeyemi on 11:30 - Apr 14 with 6153 viewsWestcountryblue

Worth inviting back for preseason.

Clearly been a nightmare situation for him and to be fair he was an excellent signing when we brought him
Tom Adeyemi on 11:30 - Apr 14 with 6152 viewsNo9

The new start should be, on the face of it, a cruel but necessary release of many players including those who have not been fit for too long.
Anyone over 28 (skipper excluded & maybe GK) should not be a part of a serious re-build because if Town don't go up next season it maybe 3 years + and those now 26 will be approaching 30
The playing staff will have to evolve but the elder members will be to old for that evolution.
Tom Adeyemi on 11:31 - Apr 14 with 6134 viewspointofblue

We’ll release him on a free, he’ll go elsewhere and probably play every game a la McGoldrick and Webster.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tom Adeyemi on 11:34 - Apr 14 with 6098 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Tom Adeyemi on 11:28 - Apr 14 by LimitlessBlue

He is not a cracking player, athletic and well built for L1 football, he is a sicknote who has had injury after injury after injury and shown an unwillingness to even try.

'Unwillingness to try'. Sorry but you have no grounding on which to base this. Hurst made a similarly stupid and unprofessional remark which showed his basic lacking in man management anf was made to look stupid when clearly professional medical people realised the achilles required operating on. Achilles injuries sre a nightmare and mainly just awful luck!

There is a ill founded belief he had a terrible injury record before us. It's not true and you can look at his playing record quite easily and see that.

My suggestion carries next to no risk for the club anyway.

I'll respect views that its best to move on fornall parties but not when it's silly, childish talk like your argument. He would if we got him fit be one of the best midfielders in that div.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 11:36]

Tom Adeyemi on 11:38 - Apr 14 with 6065 viewsWickets

Tom Adeyemi on 11:30 - Apr 14 by Westcountryblue

Worth inviting back for preseason.

Clearly been a nightmare situation for him and to be fair he was an excellent signing when we brought him

I think that will happen even if its only because he has been our player and if he does not get a contract elsewhere he will be allowed to use our facilities to get fit . Pay as/if you play contract ?
Tom Adeyemi on 11:44 - Apr 14 with 6009 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I can't wait for this one....
How do you know that he has "Shown and unwillingness to even try"

I call BS

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tom Adeyemi on 11:45 - Apr 14 with 5992 viewsgrimboy

A drain on the clubs resources show him the door.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Adeyemi on 11:50 - Apr 14 with 5963 viewsDubtractor

No from me for a few reasons.

1) We are stacked with midfield options.
2) He is injury prone.
3) a few of our other midfield options have had injury issues - pointless to have too many players who may miss game time.
4) His career prior to joining us doesn't really suggest a "must have" player, let alone the likelihood of him getting back to that level.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tom Adeyemi on 12:08 - Apr 14 with 5865 viewspointofblue

Tom Adeyemi on 11:50 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

2) He is injury prone.
3) a few of our other midfield options have had injury issues - pointless to have too many players who may miss game time.
4) His career prior to joining us doesn't really suggest a "must have" player, let alone the likelihood of him getting back to that level.

Keeping him purely on a pay as you play option might not be a bad thing though - especially if we decide the reliance on Skuse has to be reduced.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tom Adeyemi on 12:25 - Apr 14 with 5796 viewsKeaneish

What is his injury? Achilles is all we hear. I agree. Now in League 1, Huws and Adeyemi need to get fit and start earning the coin we've paid for them to lie down for 18months.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Tom Adeyemi on 12:30 - Apr 14 with 5763 viewsSuperblue95

Offer him minimum wage and he can couple up as the tea lady when not fit

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Tom Adeyemi on 12:31 - Apr 14 with 5748 viewsLimitlessBlue

Tom Adeyemi on 11:34 - Apr 14 by Terry_Nutkins

'Unwillingness to try'. Sorry but you have no grounding on which to base this. Hurst made a similarly stupid and unprofessional remark which showed his basic lacking in man management anf was made to look stupid when clearly professional medical people realised the achilles required operating on. Achilles injuries sre a nightmare and mainly just awful luck!

There is a ill founded belief he had a terrible injury record before us. It's not true and you can look at his playing record quite easily and see that.

My suggestion carries next to no risk for the club anyway.

I'll respect views that its best to move on fornall parties but not when it's silly, childish talk like your argument. He would if we got him fit be one of the best midfielders in that div.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 11:36]

silly childish talk, oh do naff off....

that childish enough?

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Tom Adeyemi on 12:44 - Apr 14 with 5666 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Tom Adeyemi on 11:50 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

2) He is injury prone.

Fair an reasoned assessment.

I totally get your points. It's a slightly tough call. If he remained just as crocked its not helpful to have him around even on pay as you play. Teddy was out as long though. I think most likely he'll be back for pre-season and if he was fit and sharp i do think it could work on pay as you play.

Tom Adeyemi on 12:45 - Apr 14 with 5659 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Tom Adeyemi on 12:31 - Apr 14 by LimitlessBlue

silly childish talk, oh do naff off....

that childish enough?

You'd already covered it. Wasn't requesting more.

Tom Adeyemi on 12:47 - Apr 14 with 5633 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Tom Adeyemi on 12:44 - Apr 14 by Terry_Nutkins

Fair an reasoned assessment.

I totally get your points. It's a slightly tough call. If he remained just as crocked its not helpful to have him around even on pay as you play. Teddy was out as long though. I think most likely he'll be back for pre-season and if he was fit and sharp i do think it could work on pay as you play.

The whole time he's been at the club, I don't think we've seen enough of him to form any judgement on what he might do for us in league one.

However, he's exactly the kind of out of contract player that an ambitious L1 side might take a gamble on, make of that what you will.

I think Huws is far more important.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Tom Adeyemi on 13:15 - Apr 14 with 5523 viewsBluefish

I watched him play for us and he looked a beast. He is the exact type of player we have been missing. A team with a fit Adeyemi and Huws would be nowhere near relegation

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Tom Adeyemi on 13:25 - Apr 14 with 5455 viewsRobTheMonk

6 month contract extension on a pay if your fit basis?
Tom Adeyemi on 13:27 - Apr 14 with 5448 viewstetchris

Tom Adeyemi on 11:45 - Apr 14 by grimboy

5 appearances since signing in June 2017 says it all really.
Tom Adeyemi on 13:32 - Apr 14 with 5415 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Tom Adeyemi on 11:45 - Apr 14 by grimboy

You have bothered reading have you. Not beyond the title...

Tom Adeyemi on 14:18 - Apr 14 with 5278 viewsbontcho

We’re going to have to cut the squad hugely. An out of contract midfielder, where we have numbers, who hasn’t been fit for 18 months is an obvious candidate to leave. Whilst I can see your point it would seem very unfair on whoever is moved on instead.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Tom Adeyemi on 14:26 - Apr 14 with 5238 viewsMullet

Tom Adeyemi on 13:15 - Apr 14 by Bluefish

I watched him play for us and he looked a beast. He is the exact type of player we have been missing. A team with a fit Adeyemi and Huws would be nowhere near relegation

Quite. It's probably what cost us when we were struggling with Douglas, Bru and even Hyam et al as our midfield options.

I still look back at Waghorn and McG's goals against Wednesday and Villa respectively and think of the contribution Huws made with his power and skill.

Adeyemi and Huws next to the current midfield options improves us immensely. But with that unlikely, and even Chalobah not being replaced, there's possibly only one space for two there at best isn't there?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Adeyemi on 14:54 - Apr 14 with 5160 viewsPositivelyPortman

Tom Adeyemi on 12:30 - Apr 14 by Superblue95

Offer him minimum wage and he can couple up as the tea lady when not fit

Or cleaning the North stand roof.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Tom Adeyemi on 15:02 - Apr 14 with 5118 viewsSwailsey

Hyperbole nonsense.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Tom Adeyemi on 18:36 - Apr 14 with 4778 viewsArnieM

I think he’s more trustworthy ( regarding fitness / availability once over his Achilles rehab), than Huws, who has been more or less constantly injured since 2014. Indeed Lamber5 has already stated he doesn’t feel he can trust Huws availabilit6 now. Hardly a shock to me personally and is the main reason I've been questioning keeping Huws here. ( yes i know he’s on a contract. Pay it off and get rid, Evans has done it before).

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024