Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans statement 11:50 - Apr 14 with 16589 viewsTractorCam

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Marcus Evans statement on 19:41 - Apr 16 with 1389 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans statement on 19:38 - Apr 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So what? Peter Ridsdale gave Leeds fans what they wanted, was he a good owner too?

Just saying that some fans should reflective a little more on the part that they've played in this. That's all.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:08 - Apr 19 with 1277 viewsjampow

Marcus Evans statement on 12:03 - Apr 14 by ITFC_Forever

All good and saying the right things... but he and the club need to deliver on it.

And it would have nice to have recognised the support the players received in recent months and especially after the game yesterday.

Marcus Evans statement on 18:24 - Apr 19 with 1253 viewsbraveblue

Get out.
Marcus Evans statement on 21:32 - Apr 19 with 1187 viewsRyorry

Marcus Evans statement on 13:16 - Apr 14 by Ryorry

Fair enough, apologies.

Lol - getting downvoted for apologising now!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Marcus Evans statement on 06:15 - Apr 20 with 1136 viewsBenters2

Marcus Evans statement on 19:38 - Apr 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Actually he did exactly what I asked him not to do - sell our best player and not replace him with proven quality.

I remember you and the chums thinking me being angry at that was hilariously funny at the time. Not so funny anymore is it Sprucey?

Boom!

Thank you and good night.
Marcus Evans statement on 09:48 - Apr 20 with 1101 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Marcus Evans statement on 13:03 - Apr 14 by Fixed_It

I detect a false use of the term 'we'...

Can it read:

I am sorry, it's my fault, I failed.

The club is up for sale.

I apologise to the tens of thousands of fans who turn up loyally every week home and away to support this great club and I have taken it backwards with my ethos of little investment and entrusting what investment I had in Roy Keane and Paul Jewell who sold the clubs best players and emerging talent at the time.
Marcus Evans statement on 23:16 - Apr 20 with 1048 viewsOxford_Blue

It is his money and his club.

Simple as that.

Fans can bleat on emotionally about how it’s our club but it’s not. We don’t have any control or real ability to influence decisions. Evans puts in 6-10m of his own cash every year just to keep the club alive. That’s a huge amount.

Very few fans would do the same relatively speaking.
Marcus Evans statement on 00:48 - Apr 21 with 1004 viewsblueconscience

Marcus Evans statement on 23:16 - Apr 20 by Oxford_Blue

Simple as that.

Fans can bleat on emotionally about how it’s our club but it’s not. We don’t have any control or real ability to influence decisions. Evans puts in 6-10m of his own cash every year just to keep the club alive. That’s a huge amount.

Just a shame he is destroying HIS club, but it is up to him though.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans statement on 09:34 - Apr 21 with 942 viewsChurchman

Marcus Evans statement on 23:16 - Apr 20 by Oxford_Blue

Simple as that.

It’s his money - though given the accounts are party of his portfolio (including I presume portfolio tax liability), who knows what he personally ‘puts in’.
But it is not ‘his club’. He is, or should be a custodian for the club which existed long before him even if he kills it, which he seems to be making a sustained effort to do. The club is its supporters, it’s history, it’s roots, area and community. No supporters, no club. No Evans, either the club dies and a new one emerges (e.g. Wimbledon) or it is reformed / taken over
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024