Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham scum 19:17 - Apr 14 with 11020 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

West Ham scum on 19:26 - Apr 14 with 8920 viewsGeoffSentence

Where has all this come from? Until recently, I can't recall there ever having been much anti=semitism in this country in my lifetime, certainly not in the public eye. All of a sudden it seems to be rife.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

West Ham scum on 19:30 - Apr 14 with 8869 viewsGlasgowBlue

West Ham scum on 19:26 - Apr 14 by GeoffSentence

Where has all this come from? Until recently, I can't recall there ever having been much anti=semitism in this country in my lifetime, certainly not in the public eye. All of a sudden it seems to be rife.

It used to be taboo. Probably not challenged vigorously enough when it first started to make a comeback.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

West Ham scum on 19:34 - Apr 14 with 8828 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Been happening for the last 10 years, all across Europe, just lately, its gone mainstream along with the far right.

Worrying times.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

West Ham scum on 19:36 - Apr 14 with 8812 viewsReuser_is_God

Social media.

West Ham have sung that for years but no one had a camera phone & a twitter account years ago.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

West Ham scum on 19:38 - Apr 14 with 8789 viewsgtsb

It's a few knob heads ,old enough to know better, singing an offensive song. Nothing new.
West Ham scum on 19:38 - Apr 14 with 8795 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

West Ham scum on 19:36 - Apr 14 by Reuser_is_God

Social media.

West Ham have sung that for years but no one had a camera phone & a twitter account years ago.

It gets sung quite often in pubs round here when West Ham are playing. Walked through Romford town centre and heard it being sung in the pubs for years.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

West Ham scum on 19:40 - Apr 14 with 8770 viewsMullet

I think some of it is an overlap with US coverage of politics and social media and access to/rise of the far right in this country and mainland Europe.

I saw this clip earlier but was too disgusted to put it up here and risk the defence/infighting it might cause (not that GB is wrong to by the by).

Utterly abhorrent though, a few hundred hours helping out at local Jewish community centres and the like would be a good punishment in my opinion.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

West Ham scum on 19:41 - Apr 14 with 8771 viewsm14_blue

Is a handful of West Ham fans singing anti-Jewish chants about Tottenham really something new?

It’s the same with this ‘epidemic’ of racist behaviour amongst football fans. All the incidents involve tiny numbers of morons acting moronically. Is this really something new?

Seems to me that what’s actually changed is that everyone films everything nowadays and that the media have decided to make a story out of it.

None of which is to in anyway defend or condone the racist scumbags doing the singing obviously.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 19:42]
Login to get fewer ads

West Ham scum on 19:52 - Apr 14 with 8638 viewsjontysnut

West Ham scum on 19:41 - Apr 14 by m14_blue

Is a handful of West Ham fans singing anti-Jewish chants about Tottenham really something new?

It’s the same with this ‘epidemic’ of racist behaviour amongst football fans. All the incidents involve tiny numbers of morons acting moronically. Is this really something new?

Seems to me that what’s actually changed is that everyone films everything nowadays and that the media have decided to make a story out of it.

None of which is to in anyway defend or condone the racist scumbags doing the singing obviously.

Unfortunately it's nothing new - I thought the video was going to be something (even) worse. Scrotes being scrotes.
West Ham scum on 19:59 - Apr 14 with 8591 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Right. Recall the whole of the Station Hotel singing it before the play off game at Portman road.

No social media back then
West Ham scum on 20:18 - Apr 14 with 8451 viewsLord_Lucan

I make you right

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

West Ham scum on 20:24 - Apr 14 with 8410 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have you seen what’s happening in the UK lately? The right wing gutter press and right wing gutter MPs have been legitimising this sort of behaviour for a few years now. And not to be left out the left wing gutter opposition have been ignoring it too. People will blame this on football, but it’s larger than that.

I’ve a colleague who was told to ‘f*ck off home you f*cking p*ki” (or words to that effect) outside a polling booth at the referendum. She’s originally from India, not Pakistan, but been here since a kid, schooled here, contributes here, married to an English chap and teaches students so they can go out into the world and make a difference.

If it wasn’t for the missus wanting our kids to be taught in Welsh, I’d seriously be thinking about moving away. The angry nationalistic/racist/antisemitic/generally downright rude idiots have too much of a voice. Now it’s been unleashed I’m not sure how that cat’s going to get back into the bag, if at all. It certainly won’t whilst people like Farage is able to fan the flames, while people like Corbyn ignore the issue and while the mainstream press egg people on. Hopefully decency will come theough if the rest of us don’t accept it. But it has to be de-politicised otherwise it’ll stay tribal and therefore justified by some.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

West Ham scum on 20:46 - Apr 14 with 8237 viewsBlue_Moses

Trump, then Brexit
West Ham scum on 21:07 - Apr 14 with 8091 viewsBloomBlue

Corbyn and the Labou party. It was disgusting they didn't kick Livingstone as soon as he made those comments, the Labour party basically said it was ok to be anti jew.
West Ham scum on 21:17 - Apr 14 with 8030 viewsBrixtonBlue

West Ham scum on 21:07 - Apr 14 by BloomBlue

Corbyn and the Labou party. It was disgusting they didn't kick Livingstone as soon as he made those comments, the Labour party basically said it was ok to be anti jew.

I wondered how long it would take to be Corbyn's fault.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

West Ham scum on 21:18 - Apr 14 with 8020 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm fairly sure that this has never been sung before in the 50 or so years of my life! If only we weren't all invited into each others living rooms.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

West Ham scum on 21:27 - Apr 14 with 7958 viewsmos

West Ham scum on 21:07 - Apr 14 by BloomBlue

Being anti-Israel is different to being anti-Jewish.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

West Ham scum on 21:29 - Apr 14 with 7938 viewsBloomBlue

West Ham scum on 21:17 - Apr 14 by BrixtonBlue

I wondered how long it would take to be Corbyn's fault.

Corbyn and the Labour party, both are guilty on this
West Ham scum on 22:15 - Apr 14 with 7738 viewsSlambo

West Ham scum on 21:27 - Apr 14 by mos

Being anti-Israel is different to being anti-Jewish.

Beat me to it...

Following the Labour antisemitism row I thought there was no way that Labour politicians were out making offensive comments about Jews; it was then I learnt that what was being reported wasn't antisemitism at all, but criticism of the state of Israel and their treatment of the Palestinians within its border. Completely wrong use of the term 'antisemitism'. But then, it was only ever another desperate attempt by the right-wing media to discredit Corbyn and Labour...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

West Ham scum on 22:22 - Apr 14 with 7711 viewsBrixtonBlue

West Ham scum on 21:29 - Apr 14 by BloomBlue

Corbyn and the Labour party, both are guilty on this

Corbyn and the Labour party are guilty of making West Ham supporters chant offensive chants?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

West Ham scum on 01:03 - Apr 15 with 7490 viewsGarv

Correct, and this is why calling out clubs and even governing bodies for not stamping it out is ridiculous. You can't stop a racist from going to a game.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

West Ham scum on 08:49 - Apr 15 with 7213 viewsNo9

It was normal when I was young.
The Nickname for Spurs supporters etc.

A TV programme - Never mind the quality feel the width, would probablt be considered Anti semitic now
West Ham scum on 08:56 - Apr 15 with 7168 viewsHarry_Palmer

West Ham have always had a high percentage of deeply unpleasant 'fans'. Probably the club I dislike the most aside from that lot up the road.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 9:42]
West Ham scum on 09:38 - Apr 15 with 7040 viewsGunnsAirkick

West Ham scum on 22:22 - Apr 14 by BrixtonBlue

Corbyn and the Labour party are guilty of making West Ham supporters chant offensive chants?

Don't engage him, he's obviously looking for a bite or is a complete div (I'm going for the latter based on his previous posts).

The right has a much larger problem with anti-Semitism than the Labour Party does (not that I'm excusing Labour's problem, which should absolutely be called out, but cannot be blamed for stuff like this, which has always been a problem of the mostly far-right).
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 9:39]
on 09:47 - Apr 15 with 7010 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024