Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brum goal 19:45 - Apr 14 with 2525 viewsBluesquid

I thought i'd seen about as bad defending as you could ever see against Brentford.

Yesterday though, f*ck me.

Kenlock done like a kipper, Bishop way too late with his attempt, Collins then fails to block the rather tame cross and then finally our player of the year fails with his attempt at an intervention.

Why do we continue to make mistakes like this?

We'll have crosses like that to defend and more in League 1 and we can't even manage it now.

Tbh, i was expecting Lambert to have sorted the defence out to some degree but the mistakes still keep coming.

Worrying.
Brum goal on 19:48 - Apr 14 with 2496 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Genuinely, what's the point getting worked up about it now?

Theres nothing to play for, let them make their mistakes, if they aren't good enough, I'm sure they'll be moved on.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Brum goal on 19:58 - Apr 14 with 2472 viewsBluesquid

Brum goal on 19:48 - Apr 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

Genuinely, what's the point getting worked up about it now?

Theres nothing to play for, let them make their mistakes, if they aren't good enough, I'm sure they'll be moved on.

Was an observation.

Lambert has been in charge since November and our defending is still extremely questionable.

Perhaps your right though, another 5 1/2 months should do the trick.
Brum goal on 21:23 - Apr 14 with 2337 viewsGarv

I'm no expert on defending but I couldn't understand what Chambers was doing. He was done similarly with a little bit of movement against Maupay.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Brum goal on 00:53 - Apr 15 with 2201 viewsbritbiker

Kenlock worries me. He seems to be a very slow starter in games. I have no problem with him later on.
Brum goal on 07:20 - Apr 15 with 2063 viewsWestcountryblue

Our defending doesn't worry me too much. How many times have we been cut to shreds and beaten 3, 4 or 5 nil this season? Very few times.

We struggle to retain the ball and offer a threat in the oppositions side of the pitch. That puts the defence under pressure, who have done well considering how blunt we've been.
Brum goal on 07:26 - Apr 15 with 2049 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Brum goal on 07:33 - Apr 15 with 2032 viewsSimonds92

Brum goal on 07:26 - Apr 15 by Kieran_Knows

In all seriousness that's horrific, also makes Bart look completely incompetent. I know he's had a bad season but when you put the goals together you realise how bad.
Brum goal on 09:38 - Apr 15 with 1925 viewsGipeswic

Brum goal on 07:33 - Apr 15 by Simonds92

In all seriousness that's horrific, also makes Bart look completely incompetent. I know he's had a bad season but when you put the goals together you realise how bad.

Big hole in the goal...
Login to get fewer ads

Brum goal on 09:43 - Apr 15 with 1914 viewsBenters2

Brum goal on 09:48 - Apr 15 with 1897 viewsNo9

It is defending like that which demonstrates it is NOT always the fault of the GK
Brum goal on 09:54 - Apr 15 with 1881 viewsBenters2

You really do have to laugh ffs!
Brum goal on 09:58 - Apr 15 with 1873 viewspointofblue

We could make a lot of money out of a football blunders DVD based on our own mistakes.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Brum goal on 10:00 - Apr 15 with 1872 viewsCuffy81

Brum goal on 09:43 - Apr 15 by Benters2

Absolutely sobering viewing that.

Car crash defending and dreadful decision making.

We have to start this rebuild from the back
Brum goal on 10:11 - Apr 15 with 1852 viewsWhymarkmariner

I hear we've signed Van Dyke for next season. Shame it's Dick Van Dyke. Still he should make a good sweeper.
Brum goal on 14:13 - Apr 15 with 1749 viewsitfcbam

Bart has always been susceptible to conceeding goals like that and does make mistakes. perhaps people have been blinkered by his good saves? he is decent but I think pur some of our supporters have a far higher opinion of him than many.
Brum goal on 14:21 - Apr 15 with 1736 viewsKeaneish

Brum goal on 07:20 - Apr 15 by Westcountryblue

Our defending doesn't worry me too much. How many times have we been cut to shreds and beaten 3, 4 or 5 nil this season? Very few times.

We struggle to retain the ball and offer a threat in the oppositions side of the pitch. That puts the defence under pressure, who have done well considering how blunt we've been.

We always concede early and have to chase the game with little threat up front, it's a massive worry for me

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Brum goal on 14:27 - Apr 15 with 1725 viewsCuffy81

Brum goal on 14:21 - Apr 15 by Keaneish

We always concede early and have to chase the game with little threat up front, it's a massive worry for me

Agree, I think we need to build from the back. We gift teams goals
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024