Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting 11 next season 22:58 - Apr 14 with 5080 viewsitfcpaul

How many of the squad do you think will actually start for us next season. Here's my guess

Bart
Chambers
Nsiala
Skuse
Bishop
Judge
Jackson or Keane
Edwards

I'm probably wrong I know but doesn't leave much room for our youngsters does it. We also have Nolan Hues as well as Woolfenden Lankester Kenlock and Emmanuel. Let's trust PL and get behind whatever team he puts out

[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 23:00]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Starting 11 next season on 23:44 - Apr 14 with 4317 viewsGarv

Easier way might be to look at the youngsters who will start/play regularly.

Kenlock
Lankester
Bishop
Emmanuel? Seems Kenlock has proved himself more than Emmanuel, but that could be simply because he's played more. You'd think Josh would perform better in a league he's spent over a season in overall.

I'm sure Downes will play but as Lambert said the other day he hasn't nailed down a role yet.

I really like Woolfenden and we don't have a huge amount of centre halves or even right backs so he might in with a shout.

As you say you have to imagine Edwards, Judge, Bishop, Chambers and probably Skuse will be definites. Arguably Nolan will have the biggest right of playing in central midfield based on his performances up until his injury and previous league one campaigns.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 0:22]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Starting 11 next season on 07:14 - Apr 15 with 4157 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Woolfenden will be used at RB next season. He's a CB by trade, but he's excellent on the ball and athletic. Certainly a notch up from Emmanuel, who will be a good player, but is still a little raw in areas of his game.

Full back worries me somewhat, as the likes of Kenlock and Emmanuel have a mistake in their locker too often. I think 1-2 experienced signings are needed here.

Lankester is the one to watch. I think both he and Bishop will do a lot of damage at that level with a good pre season under their belt. Doz needs to bulk up over the summer, but he should count this season as a success, as he has fully recovered from a horrific injury and played a decent amount of games. He is very much a work in progress.
Starting 11 next season on 07:29 - Apr 15 with 4125 viewsKieran_Knows

Bart
New RB - Chambers - New CB - Kenlock
Skuse/Downes - Bishop
Lankester - Judge - Edwards/New LW
Keane/Norwood

I make at least 6 of the current lot will be in the starting 11 next season. Nolan will also probably play a big part (maybe in rotation with Bish).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Starting 11 next season on 08:39 - Apr 15 with 3984 viewsWestover

More games to play that's for sure so the young players should get some game time.âš½
Starting 11 next season on 09:38 - Apr 15 with 3929 viewspointofblue

Bialkowski (I’ll be surprised but ME specifically refers to him in a statement)

Emmanuel
Kenlock
Chambers
Nsiala

Skuse
Nolan
Bishop
Judge

Harrison
Sears

Reserve XI: Gerken, +1, +1, Donacien, Woolfenden, Downes, Nydam, Dozzell, Edwards, Rowe, Jackson

Bree, Elder, Chalobah and Quaner to return to their parent clubs. Keane is an interesting one if we choose to sign him; the route to the first team for the likes of Folami, Lancaster and Morris could be increasingly blocked - especially if the more experienced players take to the division easily. Midfield is similar, particularly if at least one of Huws or Adeyemi stay alongside the rest and get themselves match ready; is there room for the younger trio? If we keep Donacien, who can cover right across the back line, we may not bother bringing defensive re-enforcements unless Lambert fancies signing Collins and he’s happy to sign a PAYP deal as he certainly isn’t reliable enough on a full time contract.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 9:43]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Starting 11 next season on 09:42 - Apr 15 with 3922 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’d like us to go three at the back with a Kenlock and A.N.Other as wing backs with more freedom to push forward.

Bart
Toto...Chambers...Wolfie
Signing...Kenlock
Edwards...Bishop...Nolan
Judge
Harrison or Jackson

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Starting 11 next season on 09:54 - Apr 15 with 3886 viewsblueislander

Starting 11 next season on 09:42 - Apr 15 by GlasgowBlue

I’d like us to go three at the back with a Kenlock and A.N.Other as wing backs with more freedom to push forward.

Bart
Toto...Chambers...Wolfie
Signing...Kenlock
Edwards...Bishop...Nolan
Judge
Harrison or Jackson

I would hope that at some stage next season we have the following starting eleven.
Wright
Emmanuel
Woolfenden
Nsiala
Kenlock
Downes
Bishop
Huws
Dozzell
Lankester
Folami.

That is a bit " romantic" I realise , but I hope that all the above-mentioned get a fair crack of the whip.
Starting 11 next season on 09:57 - Apr 15 with 3869 viewschicoazul

No idea. It's going to be another 10 out and 10 in this summer I imagine.

Pretty happy that my prediction of We now have no money for fees dressed up as We are going to play the youths turned out right though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Starting 11 next season on 09:59 - Apr 15 with 3862 viewsPJH

Starting 11 next season on 09:54 - Apr 15 by blueislander

I would hope that at some stage next season we have the following starting eleven.
Wright
Emmanuel
Woolfenden
Nsiala
Kenlock
Downes
Bishop
Huws
Dozzell
Lankester
Folami.

That is a bit " romantic" I realise , but I hope that all the above-mentioned get a fair crack of the whip.

Very romantic.

I would think we could only play that side either after we have clinched promotion or cannot get promotion and cannot be relegated.

Not sure how we get the ball though because there are very few there that can tackle.
Starting 11 next season on 10:03 - Apr 15 with 3851 viewspointofblue

Starting 11 next season on 09:59 - Apr 15 by PJH

Very romantic.

I would think we could only play that side either after we have clinched promotion or cannot get promotion and cannot be relegated.

Not sure how we get the ball though because there are very few there that can tackle.

Be fair, we seemingly have very few players in our entire squad who can tackle.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Starting 11 next season on 10:05 - Apr 15 with 3840 viewsPJH

Starting 11 next season on 10:03 - Apr 15 by pointofblue

Be fair, we seemingly have very few players in our entire squad who can tackle.

We have several that know how to tackle it is just that this season they have sometimes either not done it very well or not done it at the right time.
Starting 11 next season on 10:06 - Apr 15 with 3837 viewsCuffy81

Starting 11 next season on 09:59 - Apr 15 by PJH

Very romantic.

Saturday was a huge eye opener for me I terms of our lack of physicality particularly in midfield. Brum completely bossed us first half.

Playing Bishop and Dozzell is a lovely thought when we have the ball but not when trying to win it back. I fear we will get bullied on league one.

Also Skuse looks physically weaker than ever, injuries have took their toll.
Starting 11 next season on 10:11 - Apr 15 with 3820 viewsChocorange

Starting 11 next season on 09:54 - Apr 15 by blueislander

Wright
Emmanuel
Woolfenden
Nsiala
Kenlock
Downes
Bishop
Huws
Dozzell
Lankester
Folami.

If we have that starting 11, we won't need to worry about League 1. It will be League 2 here we come.

That little lot have had errors aplenty this season or haven't played at all, and have a grand total of 7 Town goals altogether between them..... Ever!
5 of those goals were not even this season or last.

How many goals are they suddenly going to score against big old hairy arsed experienced defenders.

And a goalie behind them that hasn't started a game yet...
Starting 11 next season on 10:23 - Apr 15 with 3793 viewsElderGrizzly

Starting 11 next season on 23:44 - Apr 14 by Garv

Easier way might be to look at the youngsters who will start/play regularly.

Kenlock
Lankester
Bishop
Emmanuel? Seems Kenlock has proved himself more than Emmanuel, but that could be simply because he's played more. You'd think Josh would perform better in a league he's spent over a season in overall.

I'm sure Downes will play but as Lambert said the other day he hasn't nailed down a role yet.

I really like Woolfenden and we don't have a huge amount of centre halves or even right backs so he might in with a shout.

As you say you have to imagine Edwards, Judge, Bishop, Chambers and probably Skuse will be definites. Arguably Nolan will have the biggest right of playing in central midfield based on his performances up until his injury and previous league one campaigns.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 0:22]

Agree on Nolan if he can replicate his Shrewsbury form on assists and goals. He was in the team of the year too?
Starting 11 next season on 10:53 - Apr 15 with 3748 viewsrickw

_________________Bart
Emmanuel_Chambers_Woolfenden_Kenlock
______________New DM
________Bishop_______Dozzell/Downes
Lankester_______________________Judge
_______________New AC

I'd like us to find a new big tough tackling defensive midfielder who can boss games physically to allow our young midfielders to play.
I'm also not sure on any of our striker options, either not big enough or lack goalscoring instincts, so ideally someone 6ft+ who can score 20+ in L1

To avoid being dominated physically and from set pieces you want to have 4+ big outfield players who'll win their fair share of aerial duels. You're usually looking at the 2 centre backs then 2 more.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Starting 11 next season on 11:15 - Apr 15 with 3712 viewsWestcountryblue

-----------------------------Bart---------------------------------
Woolfenden - Chambers - New Signing - New Signing
------------------------New Signing--------------------------
------------Bishop---------------------Huws-----------------
Judge-------------------------------------------------Edwards
-------------------------New Signing-------------------------

Subs : Wright, Lankester, Dozzell, Jackson, Nsiala, Skuse, Nolan

Back up : Harrison, Kenlock, Sears, Emmanuel

Pay as your play deals : Ward, Adeyemi (if he can't get fit during preseason get rid)

Out on loan : Nydam, Downes,

Bottom line is, we need to get back in the Championship ASAP. blood youngsters from the bench by all means, but we can't accommodate 6-7 in our starting line up. We need a new full back, a midfield enforcer and a target man who can score.
Starting 11 next season on 11:17 - Apr 15 with 3704 viewsWestcountryblue

Starting 11 next season on 10:06 - Apr 15 by Cuffy81

Saturday was a huge eye opener for me I terms of our lack of physicality particularly in midfield. Brum completely bossed us first half.

Playing Bishop and Dozzell is a lovely thought when we have the ball but not when trying to win it back. I fear we will get bullied on league one.

Also Skuse looks physically weaker than ever, injuries have took their toll.

Agreed, we need a big brute to play alongside them, someone who does a similar job to the one that N'Daw for us !
Starting 11 next season on 11:19 - Apr 15 with 3698 viewsCuffy81

Starting 11 next season on 11:15 - Apr 15 by Westcountryblue

-----------------------------Bart---------------------------------
Woolfenden - Chambers - New Signing - New Signing
------------------------New Signing--------------------------
------------Bishop---------------------Huws-----------------
Judge-------------------------------------------------Edwards
-------------------------New Signing-------------------------

Subs : Wright, Lankester, Dozzell, Jackson, Nsiala, Skuse, Nolan

Back up : Harrison, Kenlock, Sears, Emmanuel

Pay as your play deals : Ward, Adeyemi (if he can't get fit during preseason get rid)

Out on loan : Nydam, Downes,

Bottom line is, we need to get back in the Championship ASAP. blood youngsters from the bench by all means, but we can't accommodate 6-7 in our starting line up. We need a new full back, a midfield enforcer and a target man who can score.

I'd love to see Huws starting but he just can't seem to get himself fit and keeps breaking down.
Starting 11 next season on 11:36 - Apr 15 with 3674 viewsSomethingBlue

Bart (or new GK)

New RB, Chambers, Nsiala, Kenlock

Skuse Bishop

Edwards/Lankester Nolan Judge

New CF

Expect quite a lot rotation in the midfield area though (Downes/Dozzell ... though wonder if one of them might go), and it's not a bad area to have such a lot of options in given the attritional nature of the division.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 11:36]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Starting 11 next season on 12:44 - Apr 15 with 3515 viewschicoazul

Starting 11 next season on 11:36 - Apr 15 by SomethingBlue

Bart (or new GK)

Skuse Bishop

New CF

Expect quite a lot rotation in the midfield area though (Downes/Dozzell ... though wonder if one of them might go), and it's not a bad area to have such a lot of options in given the attritional nature of the division.

Think Bart will stay? I imagine going from 20k a week to 4 is a tough one to take.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Starting 11 next season on 12:47 - Apr 15 with 3504 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starting 11 next season on 12:44 - Apr 15 by chicoazul

Think Bart will stay? I imagine going from 20k a week to 4 is a tough one to take.

No one is going to pay him twenty grand a week based on his performances this season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Starting 11 next season on 12:48 - Apr 15 with 3502 viewsPJH

Starting 11 next season on 11:36 - Apr 15 by SomethingBlue

Bart (or new GK)

Skuse Bishop

New CF

That looks quite good (for League One).
Edwards and Nolan and probably Nsiala should do well as they have done it at that level before.
Jackson could/should do well as should Harrison although we certainly need someone that can be more or less relied on for goals.
Freddie Sears should also be a threat if he returns to full fitness and sharpness.
Starting 11 next season on 12:57 - Apr 15 with 3476 viewsDyland

Starting 11 next season on 07:14 - Apr 15 by Westcountryblue

I think Woolfenden will be used at RB next season. He's a CB by trade, but he's excellent on the ball and athletic. Certainly a notch up from Emmanuel, who will be a good player, but is still a little raw in areas of his game.

Full back worries me somewhat, as the likes of Kenlock and Emmanuel have a mistake in their locker too often. I think 1-2 experienced signings are needed here.

Lankester is the one to watch. I think both he and Bishop will do a lot of damage at that level with a good pre season under their belt. Doz needs to bulk up over the summer, but he should count this season as a success, as he has fully recovered from a horrific injury and played a decent amount of games. He is very much a work in progress.

I'll be surprised if Lankester, Bishop and Dozzers are all here next season.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Starting 11 next season on 13:02 - Apr 15 with 3453 viewsPJH

Starting 11 next season on 12:57 - Apr 15 by Dyland

I'll be surprised if Lankester, Bishop and Dozzers are all here next season.

If it was two from three of those I would have the first two please.
Not sure that Andre will ever fulfill his promise but if Bish stays fit he could still become the player that he looked like being five years ago and Lankester looks a better bet than Dozzell to me.
Starting 11 next season on 13:11 - Apr 15 with 3433 viewschicoazul

Starting 11 next season on 12:47 - Apr 15 by GlasgowBlue

No one is going to pay him twenty grand a week based on his performances this season.

We just did. And one imagines there would be a lot of Championship clubs who could double what he will earn with us in L1.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 13:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024