Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least we are not Norwich 08:52 - Apr 15 with 2304 viewsHarry_Palmer

Top of the league and absolute certs to go up but seemingly they are too 'nervous' to support their team or make any noise unless it is to slag off one of their own young academy players.

From the Pink-un -

"REALLY POOR SUPPORT TODAY - Considering how many of us made the trip, the noise from our end was disappointing. I know we're nervous but this felt like a game where we had to give the lads an extra 10% and we just didn't. Far too many people sitting on their hands waiting to be entertained as though it's our divine right to turn sides over. Not interested in making any noise unless it's to discourage products of our academy."

"HOW UTTERLY POOR WAS TODD CANTWELL TODAY - Weak, ineffective, positional play was poor.
no way should he be starting for us.
i never ever want to see him start for us ever again"

I know its only two morons off a message board, but really? What a contrast to the support we showed on Saturday for our club on the day we were relegated. If we were in their current position I am absolutely sure the support would be total and unanimous.

I really hope they get some absolute hidings next season to give them some more to blub about.
At least we are not Norwich on 08:57 - Apr 15 with 2240 viewsPJH

I am still hoping that they b*gger up the next three weeks (not likely I know) and then the playoffs but either way I expect to be playing them again in The Championship in 2020/21.
At least we are not Norwich on 09:15 - Apr 15 with 2112 viewsSuperblue95

To be fair I’ve seen plenty of posts on here slating Kenlock, Downes, Dozzell and Bishop so it’s not as if some of our fans don’t overly criticise our young players too.

That said a far higher proportion of Norwich fans do seem to be blatant tossers

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

At least we are not Norwich on 09:16 - Apr 15 with 2101 viewsDubtractor

Yeah, I for one am delighted not to be Norwich at the moment.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

At least we are not Norwich on 09:18 - Apr 15 with 2085 viewsFixed_It

At least we are not Norwich on 09:16 - Apr 15 by Dubtractor

I would rather support us in the Conference than be them. Bunch of w@nkers!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

At least we are not Norwich on 09:41 - Apr 15 with 1944 viewsHarry_Palmer

At least we are not Norwich on 09:16 - Apr 15 by Dubtractor

I am sure there will be a place for you among the 455,000 on the waiting list for tickets, if you like them that much....
At least we are not Norwich on 09:45 - Apr 15 with 1921 viewsDubtractor

At least we are not Norwich on 09:41 - Apr 15 by Harry_Palmer

I am sure there will be a place for you among the 455,000 on the waiting list for tickets, if you like them that much....

Not remotely, just think that pointing and laughing at Norwich now, is a bit odd.

Fair play to you for the commitment though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

At least we are not Norwich on 09:46 - Apr 15 with 1914 viewsDubtractor

At least we are not Norwich on 08:57 - Apr 15 by PJH

I am still hoping that they b*gger up the next three weeks (not likely I know) and then the playoffs but either way I expect to be playing them again in The Championship in 2020/21.

Yep, at 1-0 down yesterday I started to hope, though even then they are probably too far ahead for it to matter.

Our best hope at the moment is that they absolutely tank next season.

At least we are not Norwich on 09:53 - Apr 15 with 1875 viewsHarry_Palmer

At least we are not Norwich on 09:45 - Apr 15 by Dubtractor

Not remotely, just think that pointing and laughing at Norwich now, is a bit odd.

Not laughing at them, and no commitment involved.

I admire greatly what they have achieved on the pitch but for all the claims they make about how fantastic their support is I found it incredible to find posts like the above given the meteoric rise they have enjoyed this season.

If you don't agree, I am totally cool with that.
Login to get fewer ads

At least we are not Norwich on 09:59 - Apr 15 with 1844 viewsgainsboroughblue

Just to play devil's advocate, this sort of thing does happen when you are at or near the top of the league and expected to win comfortably.

I can remember a few games under Burley/Royle where we sat waiting for what we thought was the inevitable goal rather than being that 12th man.

What we are seeing at PR right now is a unified defiance.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

At least we are not Norwich on 10:02 - Apr 15 with 1823 viewspointofblue

At least we are not Norwich on 09:46 - Apr 15 by Dubtractor

Yep, at 1-0 down yesterday I started to hope, though even then they are probably too far ahead for it to matter.

Our best hope at the moment is that they absolutely tank next season.

Even if they do they’re going to be financially set for the next few seasons as long as they’re responsible, which I’m sure they will be.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

At least we are not Norwich on 10:07 - Apr 15 with 1791 viewsm14_blue

At least we are not Norwich on 08:57 - Apr 15 by PJH

I think Millwall’s equaliser at Sheffield United sealed it.

Norwich are obviously having a wobble but they probably only need one win from their last four games, which they’ll likely get on friday.
At least we are not Norwich on 10:10 - Apr 15 with 1768 viewsRadlett_blue

At least we are not Norwich on 09:45 - Apr 15 by Dubtractor

Norwich have finished above us in the League for 7 of the last 8 seasons.
We have not beaten them in our last 12 attempts.
Their crowds have been several thousand above ours (yes, boosted by their better performances).
While I will always be a Town fan, I will not deny the current reality.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

At least we are not Norwich on 10:11 - Apr 15 with 1759 viewsPJH

At least we are not Norwich on 10:07 - Apr 15 by m14_blue

I think Millwall’s equaliser at Sheffield United sealed it.

Norwich are obviously having a wobble but they probably only need one win from their last four games, which they’ll likely get on friday.

Yes, that was annoying and I did say it was not very likely that they would b*gger it up.
They have not been put under enough pressure by both Leeds and Sheff U getting results because it seems if one of those two win then the other one doesn't.
I still hope that things will go very wrong for Naarwich though.
At least we are not Norwich on 10:17 - Apr 15 with 1715 viewsm14_blue

At least we are not Norwich on 10:11 - Apr 15 by PJH

Yes, that was annoying and I did say it was not very likely that they would b*gger it up.
They have not been put under enough pressure by both Leeds and Sheff U getting results because it seems if one of those two win then the other one doesn't.
I still hope that things will go very wrong for Naarwich though.

Fingers crossed!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024