Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Israel Folau sacked 11:28 - Apr 15 with 2595 viewsballycastle

For his extreme religious beliefs, this opens up a host of contradictory questions, if some one now in the Australian team criticises these loon religious beliefs will they also face the sack?
Israel Folau sacked on 11:33 - Apr 15 with 2561 viewsXYZ

He was sacked for making disgusting homophobic comments in public.
Israel Folau sacked on 11:36 - Apr 15 with 2544 viewsFtnfwest

thought you were going to say does Donald Tusk get the sack as well
Israel Folau sacked on 11:38 - Apr 15 with 2543 viewsballycastle

Israel Folau sacked on 11:33 - Apr 15 by XYZ

Yes fully aware of that, disgusting beliefs he holds due to his extreme religious beliefs, is it ok to criticise his loony religious beliefs?
Israel Folau sacked on 11:57 - Apr 15 with 2484 viewsEwan_Oozami

Israel Folau sacked on 11:38 - Apr 15 by ballycastle

Yes fully aware of that, disgusting beliefs he holds due to his extreme religious beliefs, is it ok to criticise his loony religious beliefs?

Particularly ironic considering his ancestors were considered an inferior race that needed converting by religious Westerners - and now he's become one of those religious Westerners.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Israel Folau sacked on 11:58 - Apr 15 with 2478 viewsSteve_M

Israel Folau sacked on 11:33 - Apr 15 by XYZ

Having done so previously and been warned about future conduct I understand.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Israel Folau sacked on 12:05 - Apr 15 with 2456 views26_Paz

That's freedom of speech for you ...

The Paz Man

Israel Folau sacked on 12:13 - Apr 15 with 2429 viewsXYZ

It's OK with me to criticise any (and all) religious beliefs.

However, making racist comments under the guise of "criticising" religious beliefs is not OK. It is racism.

Which of his religious beliefs do you want to criticise?
on 12:18 - Apr 15 with 2408 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Israel Folau sacked on 12:24 - Apr 15 with 2380 viewschristiand

Certainly don't agree with what he tweeted, but he's a huge loss to the Aussie side, he a fantastic rugby player.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Israel Folau sacked on 12:25 - Apr 15 with 2378 viewsBrianTablet

Israel Folau sacked on 12:13 - Apr 15 by XYZ

It's OK with me to criticise any (and all) religious beliefs.

However, making racist comments under the guise of "criticising" religious beliefs is not OK. It is racism.

Which of his religious beliefs do you want to criticise?

I think the belief that the bible is a factual tome and should be taken seriously would be a good start.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Israel Folau sacked on 12:26 - Apr 15 with 2373 viewshampstead_blue

it's proof that religion is wrong on so many levels.

If your 'loon' is a religious nutter then fire away.

However, sexuality is nothing to do with religion and is 'real' rather than some far fetched fantasy about a bloke in a cave or some carpenter who hacked off the local head shed and was executed.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Israel Folau sacked on 12:42 - Apr 15 with 2295 viewschicoazul

He wasnt sacked for his beliefs then was he?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Israel Folau sacked on 12:42 - Apr 15 with 2296 viewsLKW15

Israel Folau sacked on 12:05 - Apr 15 by 26_Paz

That's freedom of speech for you ...

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from all consequences. His contract had clear rules on social media that his bigoted posts were twice in breech of. He was warned previously and still felt the need to post it, his sacking is an open and shut case for me
Israel Folau sacked on 12:46 - Apr 15 with 2271 viewsRyorry

Israel Folau sacked on 12:26 - Apr 15 by hampstead_blue

it's proof that religion is wrong on so many levels.

If your 'loon' is a religious nutter then fire away.

However, sexuality is nothing to do with religion and is 'real' rather than some far fetched fantasy about a bloke in a cave or some carpenter who hacked off the local head shed and was executed.

The problem though is that many religions incorporate antiquated edicts about sexuality and gender into their belief systems, and expect followers to swallow that whole (sorry!). Christianity is one of those religions.

Because their supposedly Great books say "man having it off with man is a sin" (paraphrase, obvs), as well as good stuff like "stealing from your neighbour is a sin, all "true followers" are expected to believe it all, lock stock & flamin barrel.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Israel Folau sacked on 12:53 - Apr 15 with 2242 viewswrightsrightglove

Israel Folau sacked on 12:42 - Apr 15 by LKW15

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from all consequences. His contract had clear rules on social media that his bigoted posts were twice in breech of. He was warned previously and still felt the need to post it, his sacking is an open and shut case for me

Precisely this. He has the freedom to say and post what he wants, no matter how offensive, but does that mean he shouldn't suffer the consequences as a result of his actions? No it does not. Billy Vunipola also doesn't come out of this situation well with his 'man was made for woman to pro create that was the goal no?' and his liking of Folau's post. These are highly influential people who have a large following and are supposedly role models for young people.

I love rugby and there are so many things right in rugby that football could learn from, but I imagine if Raheem Sterling liked and defended a post like that he would be hung out to dry by the press and supporters and rightly so.
Israel Folau sacked on 13:31 - Apr 15 with 2156 viewsfactual_blue

Clearly anti-semetic prejudice because of his forename.

ABUSEREPORTED

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Israel Folau sacked on 13:31 - Apr 15 with 2158 viewshampstead_blue

Israel Folau sacked on 12:46 - Apr 15 by Ryorry

The problem though is that many religions incorporate antiquated edicts about sexuality and gender into their belief systems, and expect followers to swallow that whole (sorry!). Christianity is one of those religions.

Because their supposedly Great books say "man having it off with man is a sin" (paraphrase, obvs), as well as good stuff like "stealing from your neighbour is a sin, all "true followers" are expected to believe it all, lock stock & flamin barrel.

I agree.

All religion should be made illegal.
Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens write/wrote so wonderfully on the stupidity, cruelty, and abusive thing which is religion.

Anyone who "swallows the whole story" as you say, should have a cold bath and be politely educated in reality.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Israel Folau sacked on 14:46 - Apr 15 with 2072 viewssolemio

Israel Folau sacked on 12:53 - Apr 15 by wrightsrightglove

Precisely this. He has the freedom to say and post what he wants, no matter how offensive, but does that mean he shouldn't suffer the consequences as a result of his actions? No it does not. Billy Vunipola also doesn't come out of this situation well with his 'man was made for woman to pro create that was the goal no?' and his liking of Folau's post. These are highly influential people who have a large following and are supposedly role models for young people.

I love rugby and there are so many things right in rugby that football could learn from, but I imagine if Raheem Sterling liked and defended a post like that he would be hung out to dry by the press and supporters and rightly so.

I am very disappointed by Billy's comments, and hope that Mako doesn't agree with little (?) brother. He's probably got more sense than to go public with his views, even if he does.

For a short while they lived in the same block of flats that I do, and the elderly cleaners thought they were lovely young men. So polite and courteous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024