Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
u23's very poor tonight. 20:39 - Apr 15 with 3012 viewsMrTown

4-1 down when I left, Adeyemi scored. Subbed at half-time, imagine pre-planned. No one stood out dramatically, weakest line-up I've seen I think. A long way off the first team by all accounts most of them tonight.

Fair play to Nottingham Forest, they had a slick team there, played the diamond in the middle and the front 3 were a constant threat throughout.

David Johnson's son scored a hat trick as well.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

u23's very poor tonight. on 20:50 - Apr 15 with 2910 viewsArnieM

I was st the game 1st half . Sat next to a bloke who reckoned that there was a lot of players in the side tonight who are stepping up from the U 18 . Don’t know how many of the team are not the usual U23’s....,, or if it’s a load of old bolloarks

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

u23's very poor tonight. on 20:59 - Apr 15 with 2809 viewsEwan_Oozami

Ref was atrocious, very whistle-happy, every bit of contact on Forest was a foul - completely ignored the two-footed tackle by the Forest player after the sending off - no wonder the academy boys take time to settle in the first team if they're penalised like that for every minor challenge!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

u23's very poor tonight. on 20:59 - Apr 15 with 2799 viewsSuperblue95

How did Adeyemi look overall?

I had assumed we wouldn’t ever see him play again for the club in any capacity but if he’s genuinely getting back to fitness then it might be worth offering him a 1 year deal on significantly reduced terms if his heart is still in it

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

u23's very poor tonight. on 21:03 - Apr 15 with 2747 viewspickles110564

u23's very poor tonight. on 20:59 - Apr 15 by Superblue95

I had assumed we wouldn’t ever see him play again for the club in any capacity but if he’s genuinely getting back to fitness then it might be worth offering him a 1 year deal on significantly reduced terms if his heart is still in it

We have a year option on him already
u23's very poor tonight. on 21:07 - Apr 15 with 2700 viewsPositivelyPortman

u23's very poor tonight. on 20:50 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

I was st the game 1st half . Sat next to a bloke who reckoned that there was a lot of players in the side tonight who are stepping up from the U 18 . Don’t know how many of the team are not the usual U23’s....,, or if it’s a load of old bolloarks

We’re playing 3 trialists apparently.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

u23's very poor tonight. on 21:16 - Apr 15 with 2630 viewsSuperblue95

u23's very poor tonight. on 21:03 - Apr 15 by pickles110564

We have a year option on him already

True but probably on higher wages than we could really justify giving him after the past 2 years

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

u23's very poor tonight. on 21:59 - Apr 15 with 2383 viewsMrTown

u23's very poor tonight. on 20:50 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

It was a really understrength 23's team.

I personally think the back 4 of (Cotter, Trialist, Webber, Clements) was a combination of poor quality and underdeveloped.

The midfield 3 of Nydam (holding), Adeyemi (long term absentee) & Idris El Mizouni (best of a bad bunch).

Front 3 were v poor.

Like I said, have to take my hat off to Forest, thought they were slick in the 4-1-2-1-2 diamond. The front 3 were lively all game, and number 8 and 5 (Fornah and Gabriel) are going to be real players.

u23's very poor tonight. on 22:07 - Apr 15 with 2322 viewsArnieM

u23's very poor tonight. on 21:59 - Apr 15 by MrTown

It was a really understrength 23's team.

I personally think the back 4 of (Cotter, Trialist, Webber, Clements) was a combination of poor quality and underdeveloped.

The midfield 3 of Nydam (holding), Adeyemi (long term absentee) & Idris El Mizouni (best of a bad bunch).

Front 3 were v poor.

Like I said, have to take my hat off to Forest, thought they were slick in the 4-1-2-1-2 diamond. The front 3 were lively all game, and number 8 and 5 (Fornah and Gabriel) are going to be real players.

Wonder if we should try and get David Johnson’s son here from Forest? He scored a hat trick tonight !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

u23's very poor tonight. on 00:57 - Apr 16 with 1974 viewsMrTown

u23's very poor tonight. on 22:07 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

Wonder if we should try and get David Johnson’s son here from Forest? He scored a hat trick tonight !

He did indeed score a hat-trick and very good one at that. 2 of his goals were superb. Bizarrely was playing in the left hand side of of the diamond so to score a hat-trick from there was v impressive.

I would honestly take any of their front 5, as well as their CB and RB. Let's just trade squad for squad.

u23's very poor tonight. on 02:19 - Apr 16 with 1927 viewsMrTown

u23's very poor tonight. on 20:59 - Apr 15 by Superblue95

He looked ok actually to be fair to him. Showed moments of technical ability, just an air of comfort at times that puts him a level above the likes of Nydam tonight.

Very athletic as we know. He’s a real presence in their, has to be 6 foot 3, built like a proper bloke. Having watched Forest tonight, I really want to revert back to the 4-1-2-1-2 at Town, feel it fits Towns central midfields best, as well as 2 up top, as well one of Lamberts best formations. Should fit like a glove and with 4 free hit games I’d like to see him revert back to that.

u23's very poor tonight. on 09:22 - Apr 16 with 1717 viewsJammyDodgerrr

u23's very poor tonight. on 02:19 - Apr 16 by MrTown

He looked ok actually to be fair to him. Showed moments of technical ability, just an air of comfort at times that puts him a level above the likes of Nydam tonight.

Very athletic as we know. He’s a real presence in their, has to be 6 foot 3, built like a proper bloke. Having watched Forest tonight, I really want to revert back to the 4-1-2-1-2 at Town, feel it fits Towns central midfields best, as well as 2 up top, as well one of Lamberts best formations. Should fit like a glove and with 4 free hit games I’d like to see him revert back to that.

Thought he was quite good actually, but understandable off the pace fitness wise. Thought Nydam was very poor and worlds away from the guy who broke into the first team.

And agree on the diamond, and would say there is almost no way we don't go with that formation next year. Lack of options has probably seen Lambert revert back to 4-3-3 for now.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024