Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Cotter 21:26 - Apr 15 with 14071 viewsitfcjoe

Ridiculous tonight for the 23s

Booked for dissent

Then claps the refs next decision sarcastically

Late in the game he gives loads of backchat and then Nydam takes the ball of him, pushes him away and is subsequently booked for dissent

Then gives away an admittedly soft free kick, picks the ball up and punches it away in anger. Gets a second yellow and is off

Final whistle goes literally 30 seconds later

Guess he now misses the play off game, and must be as thick as sh*t

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Barry Cotter on 07:52 - Apr 16 with 3544 viewsSuperblue95

Barry Cotter on 22:47 - Apr 15 by textbackup

If he does have attitude issues it seems strange considering MM signed him, and for all his faults (IMO) he could pick a decent lad from a bad one

Perhaps as he was only a kid he thought he could coach the bad attitude out of him.

That said Mick also signed Cameron Stewart. All managers will sign the odd bad egg every now and then

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Barry Cotter on 07:54 - Apr 16 with 3542 viewschicoazul

Barry Cotter on 07:52 - Apr 16 by Superblue95

Perhaps as he was only a kid he thought he could coach the bad attitude out of him.

That said Mick also signed Cameron Stewart. All managers will sign the odd bad egg every now and then

The thing with Mick was, none of them ever got close to the first team.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Barry Cotter on 08:06 - Apr 16 with 3506 viewsCuffy81

This might explain why is current 4th choice right back and hasn't looked like getting a look in.
Barry Cotter on 08:08 - Apr 16 with 3487 viewsSomethingBlue

Barry Cotter on 22:11 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

Cotter will never play for the first team . His attitude stinks. May as well off load him. He won’t make it. Another Stirling.

The 19th century called and wants its bigot back.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Barry Cotter on 08:09 - Apr 16 with 3480 viewsfooters

Barry Cotter on 08:08 - Apr 16 by SomethingBlue

The 19th century called and wants its bigot back.

Isn't Jacob Rees-Mogg rather busy at the minute?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Barry Cotter on 08:12 - Apr 16 with 3469 viewsitfcjoe

Barry Cotter on 07:05 - Apr 16 by Keaneish

Why? Why is there assumption that he has an attitude problem? I picked up plenty of yellows and reds not because I had attitude problem but because I had a desire to win and be the best I could every game and when that didn't happen, emotions boiled over - such is football.

It's no biggy just something he needs to learn from. A few posts calling him a 'jumped up little p*ick" are so wide of the mark.

He has, according to Andy Warren in the paper, been warned about his conduct towards referees, and then effectively committed 5 pieces of dissent, culminating in a 2nd yellow literally 30 seconds before the final whistle went.

If he can't keep that side of his game in check in a reserves game, then he'll never be trusted to play for the first team.

Barry Cotter on 08:29 - Apr 16 with 3408 viewsHerbivore

Why? Why is there assumption that he has an attitude problem? I picked up plenty of yellows and reds not because I had attitude problem but because I had a desire to win and be the best I could every game and when that didn't happen, emotions boiled over - such is football.

It's no biggy just something he needs to learn from. A few posts calling him a 'jumped up little p*ick" are so wide of the mark.

It sounds very much like you had/have an attitude problem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Barry Cotter on 08:30 - Apr 16 with 3414 viewspennblue

Barry Cotter on 21:40 - Apr 15 by Keaneish

No it doesn't. It sounds like a young footballer who's frustrated at his evening's display and hates losing. His young, naieve passion has got the better of him and he's lashed out, such is youth and the passion of wanting to win.

It needs to be managed but there is a distinct lack of this is indicative of a someone with a winning mental attitude as well. Something the first team seem to be lacking

We don’t want sending offs but it is that desire to win which makes you beat your opponent to the ball, that’s what we need more of.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Barry Cotter on 09:44 - Apr 16 with 3313 viewsGuthrum

Barry Cotter on 07:33 - Apr 16 by hampstead_blue

It sounds as if he needs guidance.

A feisty attitude can be a huge benefit if it's channelled correctly.

No point in jumping on him, coach his mental side of the game.

Guidance not only has to be given, but also received - and acted upon.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 9:50]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Barry Cotter on 10:01 - Apr 16 with 3278 viewsmrshallisfit

There is a very thin line between a desire to win and being a poorly disciplined twit.
Barry Cotter on 10:04 - Apr 16 with 3269 viewshampstead_blue

Barry Cotter on 09:44 - Apr 16 by Guthrum

Guidance not only has to be given, but also received - and acted upon.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 9:50]

Agreed.
I hope he's given a fair chance.

It's up to him how he progresses.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Barry Cotter on 10:12 - Apr 16 with 3250 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Barry Cotter on 08:12 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

He has, according to Andy Warren in the paper, been warned about his conduct towards referees, and then effectively committed 5 pieces of dissent, culminating in a 2nd yellow literally 30 seconds before the final whistle went.

If he can't keep that side of his game in check in a reserves game, then he'll never be trusted to play for the first team.

Pretty much.

Like his passion and he's clearly young, but you just can't be getting sent off, for dissent of all things, in reserve games.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Barry Cotter on 10:14 - Apr 16 with 3243 viewsJ4ck22

Barry Cotter on 21:40 - Apr 15 by Keaneish

No it doesn't. It sounds like a young footballer who's frustrated at his evening's display and hates losing. His young, naieve passion has got the better of him and he's lashed out, such is youth and the passion of wanting to win.

It's really frustrating when people confuse passion for actual tw*ttery. There's no excuse for getting yourself sent off in that way. Abusing the ref and kicking the ball away is not passion, it's petulant, childish and lets the rest of your team down when you pay the inevitable price for it.
Barry Cotter on 10:38 - Apr 16 with 3200 viewsitfcjoe

Barry Cotter on 08:30 - Apr 16 by pennblue

It needs to be managed but there is a distinct lack of this is indicative of a someone with a winning mental attitude as well. Something the first team seem to be lacking

We don’t want sending offs but it is that desire to win which makes you beat your opponent to the ball, that’s what we need more of.

This was just pure petulance though

Barry Cotter on 11:06 - Apr 16 with 3154 viewsKeaneish

Barry Cotter on 08:12 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

Nonsense. If he's good enough he'll play and his disciplinary 'issues' will be tolerated or brought in check as he matures.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Barry Cotter on 11:09 - Apr 16 with 3146 viewsKeaneish

Barry Cotter on 10:14 - Apr 16 by J4ck22

It's really frustrating when people confuse passion for actual tw*ttery. There's no excuse for getting yourself sent off in that way. Abusing the ref and kicking the ball away is not passion, it's petulant, childish and lets the rest of your team down when you pay the inevitable price for it.

Passion boils over into petant behaviour sometimes. As a young player it's so.etimes hard to separate the two in the heat of the moment.

Barry Cotter on 11:18 - Apr 16 with 3123 viewsKeaneish

Barry Cotter on 08:29 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

It sounds very much like you had/have an attitude problem.

Because I picked up yellows and reds as a ball winning midfielder? Good Lord. You very much sound like a middle class spectator in the stands who always had longing for the sport gene.

Barry Cotter on 11:23 - Apr 16 with 3106 viewsHerbivore

Barry Cotter on 11:18 - Apr 16 by Keaneish

Because I picked up yellows and reds as a ball winning midfielder? Good Lord. You very much sound like a middle class spectator in the stands who always had longing for the sport gene.

Poor attitude on display right there. Point proven I'd say.

Barry Cotter on 11:26 - Apr 16 with 3106 viewsRadlett_blue

Barry Cotter on 11:09 - Apr 16 by Keaneish

Passion boils over into petant behaviour sometimes. As a young player it's so.etimes hard to separate the two in the heat of the moment.

Yes, Cotter is 20 years old so needs to learn from his foolishness/hot-headedness.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Barry Cotter on 11:59 - Apr 16 with 3062 viewshampstead_blue

Barry Cotter on 08:09 - Apr 16 by footers

Isn't Jacob Rees-Mogg rather busy at the minute?

He is polishing my shoes.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Barry Cotter on 12:05 - Apr 16 with 3047 viewsGuthrum

Barry Cotter on 11:09 - Apr 16 by Keaneish

But if he can't do that, he's going to keep getting cards, sendings off and suspensions. Which is no good to man nor beast.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Barry Cotter on 12:21 - Apr 16 with 3018 viewsfooters

Barry Cotter on 11:18 - Apr 16 by Keaneish

Virtual red. You played the man not the ball.

Hit the showers, chump.

Barry Cotter on 12:23 - Apr 16 with 3010 viewsHerbivore

Barry Cotter on 12:21 - Apr 16 by footers

Virtual red. You played the man not the ball.

Hit the showers, chump.

Poor temperament this one, a bad egg.

Barry Cotter on 12:33 - Apr 16 with 2984 viewsfooters

Barry Cotter on 12:23 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

Poor temperament this one, a bad egg.

You just don't have the same will to win, herb.

Barry Cotter on 13:18 - Apr 16 with 2882 viewsbontcho

Barry Cotter on 21:34 - Apr 15 by ITFC_Forever

Screamed bad attitude.

If he’s like that all the time, no wonder he hasn’t made any more progress.

Andy Warren made a comment on twitter that this was not the first such incident.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024