Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Given the squad and young players we have 11:57 - Apr 16 with 2975 viewsgloucester_tractor

What areas need to have recuritment, and what can be off loaded
Discuss

Son of GUS

Given the squad and young players we have on 11:59 - Apr 16 with 2969 viewsKieran_Knows

Recruit;
Goalkeeper.
Right back.
Centre back.
Winger.
Striker x2.

Offload;
Donacien
Knudsen
Harrison
Spence
Rowe
Ward
Roberts
Adeyemi
Bart - although I suspect that is more to do with he's probably the only one (barring the kids), who is worth anything.
Collins
Dawkins
Plus the 6 loan players all returning to their clubs - with the exception of Keane who may end up staying.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 12:04]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:01 - Apr 16 with 2964 viewsGuthrum

Strikers! Strikers! Strikers!

Once the loans have gone back, we haven't got a lot to 'offload'. Maybe some of the players who went out on loan in January, if Lambert doesn't rate them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:06 - Apr 16 with 2925 viewsSuperblue95

Given the squad and young players we have on 11:59 - Apr 16 by Kieran_Knows

Recruit;
Goalkeeper.
Right back.
Centre back.
Winger.
Striker x2.

Offload;
Donacien
Knudsen
Harrison
Spence
Rowe
Ward
Roberts
Adeyemi
Bart - although I suspect that is more to do with he's probably the only one (barring the kids), who is worth anything.
Collins
Dawkins
Plus the 6 loan players all returning to their clubs - with the exception of Keane who may end up staying.

Agree with most of that except I’d keep Harrison and Rowe. I’d also bring in a left back and only one striker

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:09 - Apr 16 with 2904 viewsKieran_Knows

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:06 - Apr 16 by Superblue95

Agree with most of that except I’d keep Harrison and Rowe. I’d also bring in a left back and only one striker

I imagine one of Jackson or Harrison will go, but I reckon it'll be Harrison as we don't stand to lose as much money on him as we do Jackson. As for Rowe, he's spent 2 and a half years here in which 1 year of that (theoretically), has been spent across 2 loan spells with Lincoln, and the other 18 months either injured/out of favour here. I reckon he'll end up at Lincoln on a permanent deal.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:31 - Apr 16 with 2855 viewsgloucester_tractor

Recruit;
Goalkeeper.
Right back.
Centre back.
Winger.
Striker x2.

Offload;
Donacien
Knudsen
Harrison
Spence
Rowe
Ward
Roberts
Adeyemi
Collins
Dawkins

Son of GUS

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:34 - Apr 16 with 2840 viewsgloucester_tractor

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:31 - Apr 16 by gloucester_tractor

Keep Harrison and get one new striker

Add a centre half and full backs
Leave midfield alone
Add a left sided forward to release judd from that role

Son of GUS

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:48 - Apr 16 with 2797 viewschicoazul

10 new players.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:53 - Apr 16 with 2775 viewsGlasgowBlue

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:09 - Apr 16 by Kieran_Knows

I imagine one of Jackson or Harrison will go, but I reckon it'll be Harrison as we don't stand to lose as much money on him as we do Jackson. As for Rowe, he's spent 2 and a half years here in which 1 year of that (theoretically), has been spent across 2 loan spells with Lincoln, and the other 18 months either injured/out of favour here. I reckon he'll end up at Lincoln on a permanent deal.

Why would we offload Harrison who scored 12 goals last season in League One when playing for an average mid table team?

With the right service he could get around the 18 goals mark next season. Same with Jackson.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:55 - Apr 16 with 2771 viewsKieran_Knows

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:53 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

Why would we offload Harrison who scored 12 goals last season in League One when playing for an average mid table team?

With the right service he could get around the 18 goals mark next season. Same with Jackson.

Don't know, barely had a look in under Lambert, even when he has been fit (seemed like he was only used before Xmas because PL had too).

Could be wrong however, just my feeling on it though.

Given the squad and young players we have on 13:34 - Apr 16 with 2704 viewsjas0999

We need two top division one strikers. Lankaster when fit should also challenge to play.

I wouldn’t sign Keane - missed more than he has played!
Given the squad and young players we have on 13:38 - Apr 16 with 2691 viewsOwainG1992

Given the squad and young players we have on 12:53 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

Harrison has the touch of a cement mixer from what I've seen.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:08 - Apr 16 with 2661 viewsbontcho

OK so if ME made the wise decision to let me take over here's what i'd do (i'm trying to be realistic over the budget)-

I'd prefer to cash in on Bart and get a keeper with better distribution.
Gerken to leave.

Spence, Knudsen and Nsiala to leave. (I'd expect Nsiala to be sellable to a league 1 side)
I'd release Adeyemi and i'm afraid I think Dozzell could be cashed in on.

I think Rowe to Lincoln sorts all parties. Ward and Dawkins would be released (although we have a duty of care for the first). I'd like to off load Roberts but not sure there'll be much interest.

I wouldn't have interest in Keane. I think i'd be hopeful over Harrison and Jackson.

My signings would be a keeper (possibly), an experienced right back, a left winger who can play up front (possibly on loan) and a striker. Leaving a squad of

NEW GK (if Bart goes)
Wright

Emmanuel
EXPERIENCED RB
Donacien (really good cover in all defensive positions)
Kenlock
Chambers
Collins
Woolfenden
Ndaba

Skuse
Nydam
Downes
Nolan
Bishop
Huws
McGavin

Judge
Edwards
Roberts (simply because I doubt we'd be able to get rid)
Sears
Lankester
El Mizouni
NEW SIGNING LW/CF (possibly a loan to cover Sears' injury)

NEW SIGNING CF
Harrison
Jackson
Morris
Folami

I quite like the idea of a defence of experienced RB - Woolfy - Chambo/Collins - Kenlock, nice mixture of experience and youth.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:11 - Apr 16 with 2655 viewsTractorCam

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:08 - Apr 16 by bontcho

OK so if ME made the wise decision to let me take over here's what i'd do (i'm trying to be realistic over the budget)-

I'd prefer to cash in on Bart and get a keeper with better distribution.
Gerken to leave.

Spence, Knudsen and Nsiala to leave. (I'd expect Nsiala to be sellable to a league 1 side)
I'd release Adeyemi and i'm afraid I think Dozzell could be cashed in on.

I think Rowe to Lincoln sorts all parties. Ward and Dawkins would be released (although we have a duty of care for the first). I'd like to off load Roberts but not sure there'll be much interest.

I wouldn't have interest in Keane. I think i'd be hopeful over Harrison and Jackson.

My signings would be a keeper (possibly), an experienced right back, a left winger who can play up front (possibly on loan) and a striker. Leaving a squad of

NEW GK (if Bart goes)
Wright

Emmanuel
EXPERIENCED RB
Donacien (really good cover in all defensive positions)
Kenlock
Chambers
Collins
Woolfenden
Ndaba

Skuse
Nydam
Downes
Nolan
Bishop
Huws
McGavin

Judge
Edwards
Roberts (simply because I doubt we'd be able to get rid)
Sears
Lankester
El Mizouni
NEW SIGNING LW/CF (possibly a loan to cover Sears' injury)

NEW SIGNING CF
Harrison
Jackson
Morris
Folami

I quite like the idea of a defence of experienced RB - Woolfy - Chambo/Collins - Kenlock, nice mixture of experience and youth.

Wright is not a good second choice keeper.

We also need a new left back, not sold on Kenlock just yet.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:22 - Apr 16 with 2619 viewsitfcjoe

Our current squad as it stands for next season is something like this:

GK - Bart, Wright

RB - Cotter, Emmanuel (Assuming option taken)

LB - Kenlock

CB - Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Ndaba

CM - Skuse, Nolan, Bishop, Nydam, Downes, Dozzell

W/AT - Edwards, Lankester, Judge

ST - Jackson, Harrison

Long term injured - Sears, Folami, Morris, Huws

Out on loan or favour - Donacien, Rowe, Roberts, Drinan

Leaves us short of a senior back up GK, a RB (assuming Donacien doesn't come back into favour), a LB, a senior CB (Collins?), 2 strikers (Keane and Norwood?) and a wide player/attacker (Unless Rowe?) at the very least in reality

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:34 - Apr 16 with 2579 viewsbontcho

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:11 - Apr 16 by TractorCam

I’ve only seen Wright play 3 times so that’s a difficult one to judge, my view is having given him a lob contract he’s got to be 2nd choice or out on loan.

Donacien would be the left back competition. I’m more sold on Kenlock than Emmanuel and doubt we could bring in a right and left back finance wise but also I wouldn’t want too many signings. I guess if Elder played and did well over the next few games he could force his way in.

Bulgarian penalty hero

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:34 - Apr 16 with 2578 viewsGlasgowBlue

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:22 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

GK - Bart, Wright

LB - Kenlock

ST - Jackson, Harrison

Leaves us short of a senior back up GK, a RB (assuming Donacien doesn't come back into favour), a LB, a senior CB (Collins?), 2 strikers (Keane and Norwood?) and a wide player/attacker (Unless Rowe?) at the very least in reality

I don't see Spence or Ward. Are they out of contract in the summer?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:35 - Apr 16 with 2574 viewsbontcho

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:11 - Apr 16 by TractorCam

ps I’d also not like to block the path of Clements who looks handy to me.

Bulgarian penalty hero

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:37 - Apr 16 with 2565 viewsitfcjoe

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:34 - Apr 16 by GlasgowBlue

I don't see Spence or Ward. Are they out of contract in the summer?

Yep, both out of contract

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:49 - Apr 16 with 2534 viewschicoazul

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:22 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

GK - Bart, Wright

LB - Kenlock

ST - Jackson, Harrison

I wonder how the supposed-option we have on Adeyemi works? Presumably his money goes down same as everyone else's if he gets offered one. You never know, we may take him too.

But yes you're spot on with what we need although I fancy Donacien may stay. That squad really does look pathetically weak in all areas save maybe GK and CM.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Given the squad and young players we have on 14:49 - Apr 16 with 2534 viewsMrTown

Recruit;
Goalkeeper.
Right back.
Centre back.
Winger.
Striker x2.

Offload;
Donacien
Knudsen
Harrison
Spence
Rowe
Ward
Roberts
Adeyemi
Collins
Dawkins

That’s about as adjacent as I could give.

Although think we need a left back as well.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024