Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Richards 15:50 - Apr 16 with 1908 viewschicoazul

I was thinking about this earlier based on something someone said on here I think the other day about how the Stones "culturally appropriated" blues.

Do you think that Keith Richards has had THE greatest male life it is possible to have, throughout history? Guitar hero who has played to probably something like 3 million people live now, living legend, massively rich, has his own library with a proper dewey decimal system, never really had any controversy unlike say Mick or Ronnie apart from some pretty mild drug stuff, lives between a country estate in Surrey and a Bahaman island, probably attended to by very many ladies (and no doubt some gentlemen too) over the years, has many children and grandchildren.

Basically apart form owning Ipswich and seeing them storm to glory what else is there? Alexander, William of Orange, and Caesar had a lot of stress and died relatively young, Einstein probably never did heroin. Keith for the win.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Keith Richards on 15:52 - Apr 16 with 1885 viewsFtnfwest

saw the title and thought you were putting him forward to do a job in midfield next season! Agree btw
Keith Richards on 16:00 - Apr 16 with 1844 viewsjeera

I'd swap with him.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Keith Richards on 16:06 - Apr 16 with 1835 viewsLord_Lucan

Yes, I have always though this. He is a motherfecker.

"pretty mild drug stuff"

Mmmmm

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Keith Richards on 16:16 - Apr 16 with 1808 viewsblueislander

Keith Richards on 16:06 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I have always though this. He is a motherfecker.

"pretty mild drug stuff"

Mmmmm

I was about to question “the pretty mild drug stuff”. Other than actually killing himself, which he nearly did on more than one occasion, heroin addiction is about as far as you can go drug wise. He also had something of a predeliction for weapons too. I wish I could play guitar, but other than that, I don’t envy his former life style. His current one is pretty cool though.
Keith Richards on 16:23 - Apr 16 with 1790 viewsLord_Lucan

Keith Richards on 16:16 - Apr 16 by blueislander

I was about to question “the pretty mild drug stuff”. Other than actually killing himself, which he nearly did on more than one occasion, heroin addiction is about as far as you can go drug wise. He also had something of a predeliction for weapons too. I wish I could play guitar, but other than that, I don’t envy his former life style. His current one is pretty cool though.

His autobiography is outstanding. You read a bit and then think that it's all made up - and then you remember it's Keef.

Absolute superstar.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Keith Richards on 17:21 - Apr 16 with 1713 viewsIP12

A few years ago we (my family) lived a couple of villages from West Wittering where Keith Richards was resident for some of the year. The local Post Office in Wittering was struggling to make ends meet and one of the great & good of W Wittering went round the local houses collecting signatures for a petition to try to keep it open. They knocked on KR's door and the man himself opened it. He listened to the 'tale of woe' about the Post Office, asked how much money was needed to keep it open and then wrote out a cheque to cover the year's running costs plus an additional amount for running expenses.
Keith Richards on 21:58 - Apr 16 with 1556 viewsOldsmoker

"mild drug stuff"?
We are talking about the guy who was given the title "most elegantly wasted human being" aren't we?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Keith Richards on 22:00 - Apr 16 with 1543 viewsMelford

Keith Richards on 21:58 - Apr 16 by Oldsmoker

"mild drug stuff"?
We are talking about the guy who was given the title "most elegantly wasted human being" aren't we?

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Richards on 22:20 - Apr 16 with 1480 viewsSE1blue

Often felt that I'd have liked Tom Jones' life.

As well as sleeping with up to 250 groupies a year, he slept with many famous celebrities, plus Miss World winners.

He was mates with Elvis and Dean Martin and got to party with them in Las Vegas.

Spent much of his life in LA and even now prolongs his career with TV work and is still gigging.

He's lived a life.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Keith Richards on 22:30 - Apr 16 with 1453 viewsMelford

Keith Richards on 16:23 - Apr 16 by Lord_Lucan

His autobiography is outstanding. You read a bit and then think that it's all made up - and then you remember it's Keef.

Absolute superstar.

Get this.

My parents had it and I probably read it first about 20 years ago and I'm hard pushed to think of a better warts and all Rock and Roll book since. Written about the Exile On Main Street tour of the USA in 1972.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Keith Richards on 23:27 - Apr 16 with 1417 viewsLord_Lucan

Keith Richards on 22:30 - Apr 16 by Melford

Get this.

My parents had it and I probably read it first about 20 years ago and I'm hard pushed to think of a better warts and all Rock and Roll book since. Written about the Exile On Main Street tour of the USA in 1972.

I'll give it a go.

Currently on Francis Rossi and I have Altamont by Joel Selvin after that.

Keith Richards on 06:43 - Apr 17 with 1334 viewsBackToRussia

You're a moron

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Keith Richards on 08:24 - Apr 17 with 1265 viewsPJH

Keith Richards on 22:30 - Apr 16 by Melford

Get this.

I have got that book, different cover though.
My book is 1975 Paperback but original book was published in 1974.
Keith Richards on 08:41 - Apr 17 with 1242 viewschicoazul

Keith Richards on 22:20 - Apr 16 by SE1blue

Often felt that I'd have liked Tom Jones' life.

As well as sleeping with up to 250 groupies a year, he slept with many famous celebrities, plus Miss World winners.

He was mates with Elvis and Dean Martin and got to party with them in Las Vegas.

Spent much of his life in LA and even now prolongs his career with TV work and is still gigging.

He's lived a life.

Could you be Welsh though.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Keith Richards on 08:44 - Apr 17 with 1234 viewsPJH

Keith Richards on 08:41 - Apr 17 by chicoazul

Could you be Welsh though.

It's not unusual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024