Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) 16:19 - Apr 16 with 2258 viewsJ2BLUE

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What did we think then? I thought it was great. We need episodes like that to set things up and I expect we have one more episode like that and it will end with the Night King arriving at Winterfell with his army.

My only criticisms, if i'm nit picking:

1) Jon being told about his parents alone with Sam. I know Sam is an honourably guy and was giving him some privacy but it feels like it will drag on a bit now. Dany will need to be told and convinced. Then Arya and Sansa need to be told and convinced. Then the northerners...I was hoping his would be resolved before the battle but it seems fairly obvious Jon will deal with the imminent threat first.

2) Bran saying we don't have time for this, they've turned a dragon and the wall has fallen to a rather indifferent reaction from Dany and Jon. They've turned a bloody dragon and the wall which has stood for 8000 years has fallen. Some surprise would have been nice.

Great to see some of the reunions. Theon and Arya/Northerners will be good. Jamie and Tyrion. Jamie and Brienne. Jamie and Brann. Jamie and Arya. Jamie and Varys. Lots of good stuff coming.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:21 - Apr 16 with 2245 viewschicoazul

I realised a while back the Night King invasion is a climate change metaphor which has sort of put me off a little bit.
but my man Bronn is back!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:23 - Apr 16 with 2236 viewsJ2BLUE

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:21 - Apr 16 by chicoazul

I realised a while back the Night King invasion is a climate change metaphor which has sort of put me off a little bit.
but my man Bronn is back!

Is it?

Truly impaired.

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:27 - Apr 16 with 2223 viewsSE1blue

Did anyone else notice the long pause after Bran replied "Not yet!" to Jon's comment that he was a man now.

Wonder if this will be determined or played out by something later.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:37 - Apr 16 with 2185 viewschicoazul

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:23 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Is it?

I believe so. You dont think that trying to persuade people to put their petty squabbles aside and unite to fight a problem that many important people do not believe in and don't care about sounds familiar? The Night King can even change the temperature, and he was created by accident by well-meaning people! (not people but you get me)

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:39 - Apr 16 with 2181 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

A lot of family reunions... Some of which was brilliant with Sansa calling out Jon with the line "Did you bend the knee for the North, or because you lover her?" Absolutely has Jon nailed there.. and some interesting dialogue with Arya and Jon as well.
(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:43 - Apr 16 with 2166 viewsJ2BLUE

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:37 - Apr 16 by chicoazul

I believe so. You dont think that trying to persuade people to put their petty squabbles aside and unite to fight a problem that many important people do not believe in and don't care about sounds familiar? The Night King can even change the temperature, and he was created by accident by well-meaning people! (not people but you get me)

I think it's a stretch to be honest.

Truly impaired.

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:43 - Apr 16 with 2168 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bron spitting his ale out when being told “poor woman will be dead within a year from the pox” after one of them had been dancing up and down on his ding-a-ling. “which one”?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:53 - Apr 16 with 2149 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

When the Brotherhood without banners arrived at 'Last Hearth' (Who knew that place existed?) I nearly pooped my pants.. Particularly when the young lad started screaming

Given the opening credits spent a lot of time at Last Hearth and in the crypt at Winterfell I imagine they will be key locations in the next episode or two
Login to get fewer ads

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:55 - Apr 16 with 2141 viewsJ2BLUE

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 16:53 - Apr 16 by King_of_Portman_Rd

When the Brotherhood without banners arrived at 'Last Hearth' (Who knew that place existed?) I nearly pooped my pants.. Particularly when the young lad started screaming

Given the opening credits spent a lot of time at Last Hearth and in the crypt at Winterfell I imagine they will be key locations in the next episode or two

Looking at the map I felt like that was their way of saying they are half way to Winterfell. At the end of the next episode it would make sense for them to be there.

Why send that kid all that way north knowing they had broken through? It was a death sentence.

Truly impaired.

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 17:27 - Apr 16 with 2084 viewsfactual_blue

Were there more bare ladies than dragons, or vice versa?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 17:28 - Apr 16 with 2076 viewsJ2BLUE

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 17:27 - Apr 16 by factual_blue

Were there more bare ladies than dragons, or vice versa?

Bare naked ladies 3-2 Dragons

Truly impaired.

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 17:34 - Apr 16 with 2063 viewsfactual_blue

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 17:28 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Bare naked ladies 3-2 Dragons

There's nothing more than that to say about this squalid little pubescent programme, is there?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 17:38 - Apr 16 with 2054 viewsJ2BLUE

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 17:34 - Apr 16 by factual_blue

There's nothing more than that to say about this squalid little pubescent programme, is there?

Not if you don't like incredible storylines, amazing twists, characters with true depth and amazing acting then no.

Truly impaired.

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 17:42 - Apr 16 with 2043 viewsGlasgowBlue

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 17:38 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Not if you don't like incredible storylines, amazing twists, characters with true depth and amazing acting then no.

Facters is TWTD's very own Varys.

Iron Lion Zion

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 19:29 - Apr 16 with 1916 viewsflimflam

I have a hunch the Night King may turn out to be Targaryen, or at least was previously.

Next week is going to be a humdinger after this weeks episode which was more of a filler to set everything up.

Think a few big hitters may kick the can this series.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 19:50 - Apr 16 with 1896 viewsGlasgowBlue

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 19:29 - Apr 16 by flimflam

I have a hunch the Night King may turn out to be Targaryen, or at least was previously.

Next week is going to be a humdinger after this weeks episode which was more of a filler to set everything up.

Think a few big hitters may kick the can this series.

Don't we already know that the night king is one of the first men who was captured by the children of the forest and had a dragonglass dagger shoved in his heart turning him into the first white walker? This pre dates the arrival of the Targaryens.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 19:52]

Iron Lion Zion

(spoilers) GOT Season 8, Episode 1 (spoilers) on 20:51 - Apr 16 with 1854 viewsGuthrum

The bit with the family of talking pigs was confusing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024