Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Earth from Space on BBC1 tonight might be worth a look 08:05 - Apr 17 with 1405 viewsSteve_M

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/apr/17/earth-from-space-the-eye-po

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Earth from Space on BBC1 tonight might be worth a look on 20:57 - Apr 17 with 1319 viewsRyorry

Starting in 3 mins.

Timer record for series set!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Earth from Space on BBC1 tonight might be worth a look on 21:04 - Apr 17 with 1309 viewsStokieBlue

I'm enjoying a holiday at the moment but I'll have that in iPlayer when I'm back.

Good call.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Earth from Space on BBC1 tonight might be worth a look on 21:12 - Apr 17 with 1300 viewsLord_Lucan

Cheers Steve

On it like a bonnet.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Amazing stuff on 22:02 - Apr 17 with 1280 viewsDyland

Moments that blow all cynicism away for a while.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Earth from Space on BBC1 tonight might be worth a look on 22:06 - Apr 17 with 1265 viewsericclacton

Earth from Space on BBC1 tonight might be worth a look on 21:04 - Apr 17 by StokieBlue

I'm enjoying a holiday at the moment but I'll have that in iPlayer when I'm back.

Good call.

SB

Worlingworth?
Amazing stuff on 22:14 - Apr 17 with 1252 viewsRyorry

Amazing stuff on 22:02 - Apr 17 by Dyland

Stunning wasn't it.

Perfectly happy to continue paying a licence fee for things like that, Blue Planet, Line Of Duty etc.

Amazing stuff on 22:17 - Apr 17 with 1247 viewsLord_Lucan

Amazing stuff on 22:02 - Apr 17 by Dyland

I'm a bit cynical Dyland.

The bit about the Effalants at the start, we saw a few clips of them doing their thing but we didn't really know what they were up to. The man told us that they were dangerously close to the highway in search of water and stuff but all we saw was Effalants. We didn't see the highway and we don't know what they were thinking. We only know what the narrator told us in a Johnny Morris way.

I enjoyed it and it was very interesting. I like to see the expansion and shrinkage of land photos and stuff but seeing pictures of animals and being told what they are thinking is a bit like Drop the Dead Donkey to me.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 22:18]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Amazing stuff on 23:31 - Apr 17 with 1214 viewsRyorry

Amazing stuff on 22:17 - Apr 17 by Lord_Lucan

The bit about the Effalants at the start, we saw a few clips of them doing their thing but we didn't really know what they were up to. The man told us that they were dangerously close to the highway in search of water and stuff but all we saw was Effalants. We didn't see the highway and we don't know what they were thinking. We only know what the narrator told us in a Johnny Morris way.

I enjoyed it and it was very interesting. I like to see the expansion and shrinkage of land photos and stuff but seeing pictures of animals and being told what they are thinking is a bit like Drop the Dead Donkey to me.

Login to get fewer ads

Amazing stuff on 09:36 - Apr 18 with 1162 viewsDyland

Amazing stuff on 22:17 - Apr 17 by Lord_Lucan

I turned it on around just after half way through. The Shaolin monk stuff blew me away.

That's a bit annoying. You would have thought the whole point was spy in the sky, so they could have shown the geographical context for the effalents.

Amazing stuff on 10:12 - Apr 18 with 1143 viewsRyorry

Amazing stuff on 09:36 - Apr 18 by Dyland

I turned it on around just after half way through. The Shaolin monk stuff blew me away.

That's a bit annoying. You would have thought the whole point was spy in the sky, so they could have shown the geographical context for the effalents.

The highway was visible from the photo taken by the satellite. The narrator explained that they had to go search for food there because it was the nearest place that contained food for them in the form of green vegetation, with other aerial shots showing how their usual home, the safe reserve, had turned orange all over due to severe drought.

What I'd liked further explanation of was a) how the elephants knew their way back and b) how they knew the reserve was safe and the road area wasn't!

Those BBC/OU collaborations are always magnificent though, hats off to them.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 10:19]

Amazing stuff on 10:15 - Apr 18 with 1138 viewsDyland

Amazing stuff on 10:12 - Apr 18 by Ryorry

The highway was visible from the photo taken by the satellite. The narrator explained that they had to go search for food there because it was the nearest place that contained food for them in the form of green vegetation, with other aerial shots showing how their usual home, the safe reserve, had turned orange all over due to severe drought.

What I'd liked further explanation of was a) how the elephants knew their way back and b) how they knew the reserve was safe and the road area wasn't!

Those BBC/OU collaborations are always magnificent though, hats off to them.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 10:19]

Maybe Lucers was not concentrating very hard

Amazing stuff on 11:28 - Apr 18 with 1105 viewsLord_Lucan

Amazing stuff on 10:15 - Apr 18 by Dyland

Maybe Lucers was not concentrating very hard

They weren't necessarily the same Effalants

Amazing stuff on 11:28 - Apr 18 with 1104 viewsDyland

Amazing stuff on 11:28 - Apr 18 by Lord_Lucan

They weren't necessarily the same Effalants

QED

(cynic)

:)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024