Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's weird how in France 08:41 - Apr 17 with 9680 viewschicoazul

you have loads of civil unrest for many many weeks now over tings like taxation, the cost of diesel etc but you burn half on one cathedral down and all of a sudden they can raise 1bn euros just like that.
It's very ///chef's fingertip kiss

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's weird how in France on 13:17 - Apr 17 with 1450 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 13:09 - Apr 17 by eireblue

For a healthy diet, you need more than rice, pasta and bread, 3 times a day, 365 days a year.

Where are you getting the other necessary nutrients to meet the NHS recommended guidelines for a healthy diet?

I'm with him on the food.

That is not the issue.

Electricity
Gas
Water
[share of] Council tax
Phone/internet = far from a luxury, having internet is a necessity now.
Mobile phone
TV licence - not Sky, just TV
Travel expenses. (A car!?)
Clothing
Toiletries/cleaning
Food

Rent is only paid to a (relatively low) ceiling and there may be serious contributions needed to pay that.

Adult = £10 per day.

*I'm concentrating on the over 25s £70 per week. It's bad enough without looking at the under 25s.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 13:23]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

It's weird how in France on 13:19 - Apr 17 with 1439 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 13:13 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

No, its for everything but I honestly believe one person could feed themselves for £20 a week. Just eat cheap stuff.

And the other 50 quid pays for the household?

Seriously?

So, this is what those seeking a job receive.

Hardly "With the level of welfare in this country the only reason why anyone would be unable to buy food is if they have wasted their benefits on ill advised pursuits (drink, fags, drugs etc)."

It's weird how in France on 13:22 - Apr 17 with 1425 viewseireblue

It's weird how in France on 13:17 - Apr 17 by jeera

That is not the issue.

Electricity
Gas
Water
[share of] Council tax
Mobile phone
Clothing
Toiletries/cleaning
Food

Rent is only paid to a (relatively low) ceiling and there may be serious contributions needed to pay that.

Adult = £10 per day.

*I'm concentrating on the over 25s £70 per week. It's bad enough without looking at the under 25s.

Oh, I had a whole series of questions along those lines.

But he gave up after only three.

Slacker, couldn't see him working with me.
It's weird how in France on 13:23 - Apr 17 with 1422 views26_Paz

It's weird how in France on 13:16 - Apr 17 by eireblue

In other words, you don't have an answer to that question.

I thought I had answered it but obviously you need it spelt out. You may have to miss the odd item here and then from the absolute best case perfect diet but you can quite comfortably not go hungry.

The Paz Man

It's weird how in France on 13:24 - Apr 17 with 1415 views26_Paz

It's weird how in France on 13:17 - Apr 17 by jeera

That is not the issue.

Electricity
Gas
Water
[share of] Council tax
Mobile phone
Clothing
Toiletries/cleaning
Food

Adult = £10 per day.

It would be tight, but that's the whole point, to encourage people to get off welfare

The Paz Man

It's weird how in France on 13:25 - Apr 17 with 1414 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 13:23 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

I thought I had answered it but obviously you need it spelt out. You may have to miss the odd item here and then from the absolute best case perfect diet but you can quite comfortably not go hungry.

How does £10 per day equal to:

"With the level of welfare in this country the only reason why anyone would be unable to buy food is if they have wasted their benefits on ill advised pursuits (drink, fags, drugs etc)."

Running a household. Let's get away from this false argument about food only.

It's weird how in France on 13:25 - Apr 17 with 1408 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 13:24 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

It would be tight, but that's the whole point, to encourage people to get off welfare

No.no and another no.

You said:

"With the level of welfare in this country the only reason why anyone would be unable to buy food is if they have wasted their benefits on ill advised pursuits (drink, fags, drugs etc)."

Edit: so it's just not true is it. There's no need for anyone to grasp for any notion of superiority over some poor soul who is struggling whilst looking for a job.

People need support, not criticism. Especially when the criticism comes from an unpleasant place where accusations of wastefulness are entirely made-up.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 13:29]

It's weird how in France on 13:27 - Apr 17 with 1393 views26_Paz

It's weird how in France on 13:25 - Apr 17 by jeera

No.no and another no.

You said:

Edit: so it's just not true is it. There's no need for anyone to grasp for any notion of superiority over some poor soul who is struggling whilst looking for a job.

People need support, not criticism. Especially when the criticism comes from an unpleasant place where accusations of wastefulness are entirely made-up.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 13:29]

My point was that in this country the state provides enough welfare so that people don't go hungry ... a situation may arise where someone goes hungry if they have wasted all the money they had been given on other stuff.

The Paz Man

Login to get fewer ads

It's weird how in France on 13:32 - Apr 17 with 1384 viewsjeera

It's weird how in France on 13:27 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

My point was that in this country the state provides enough welfare so that people don't go hungry ... a situation may arise where someone goes hungry if they have wasted all the money they had been given on other stuff.

And your point was wrong.

You cannot run a home on £70 per week and be wasteful.

It's fully understandable how many people are in trouble. Not even mentioning those who are queuing up to take advantage of the desperate.

What if your fridge breaks down, what if anything goes wrong- at all? Where the hell is the help coming from?

It's an unnecessary thing to suggest about other people.

It's weird how in France on 13:44 - Apr 17 with 1366 viewschicoazul

It's weird how in France on 13:00 - Apr 17 by XYZ

Trying to follow your argument here. I've concluded you're now trolling yourself.

I didnt realise it was so complicated!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

It's weird how in France on 13:44 - Apr 17 with 1367 viewsClapham_Junction

It's weird how in France on 12:26 - Apr 17 by chicoazul

If high taxation resulted in those things then Singapore should be like Cambodia.

Singapore can afford to have low tax rates because it's tax haven. As a result, its tax base is far larger than a normal country of Singapore's size would be, so it can set taxes at a lower rate and still get the same amount of money needed for government services. This model is not replicable on a large scale, as it's reliant on a small number of countries being able to siphon off the wealth of the rest.
It's weird how in France on 13:47 - Apr 17 with 1355 viewsbrazil1982

It's weird how in France on 13:07 - Apr 17 by jeera

You do understand bills need to be paid don't you?

It's not a food allowance.

Rent aside, that figure is everything.

Everything.

Do you live with you mum or something, where all is free?

If it's not a food allowance, should food be free?
It's weird how in France on 14:01 - Apr 17 with 1333 viewspickles110564

It's weird how in France on 12:54 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

Can get a lot of food for £57.90 mate. I got a loaf of bread for 20p the other day. I big bag of rice is less than a quid. Bag of dried pasta in sanisburys is 30p.

That is not healthy food, I do not understand how anyone can live on just over £70 a week.
It's weird how in France on 14:19 - Apr 17 with 1310 viewsSpruceMoose

It's weird how in France on 09:46 - Apr 17 by 26_Paz

Don't be so ridiculous, one can't be expected to take care of oneself. That's what the state and everyone else's taxes are there for ...

Comments like that almost makes me wish a great financial misfortune happens to you.

Quite honestly, reading some of the hateful and deeply stupid guff you come out with, if you were to lose everything I'd laugh my c0ck off.

You should probably pay back the Treasury for your childhood education costs, it was wasted on you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

It's weird how in France on 14:21 - Apr 17 with 1309 viewsJ2BLUE

It's weird how in France on 13:32 - Apr 17 by jeera

And your point was wrong.

You cannot run a home on £70 per week and be wasteful.

It's fully understandable how many people are in trouble. Not even mentioning those who are queuing up to take advantage of the desperate.

What if your fridge breaks down, what if anything goes wrong- at all? Where the hell is the help coming from?

It's an unnecessary thing to suggest about other people.

People who think they are secure love talking about benefits as if they provide a life of luxury. I wonder how many people have thought the same as him before being humbled with a job loss an a couple of unexpected bills.

For everyone on good money with the sense to save plenty there is someone else working in McDonalds 40 hours a week for peanuts and paying a huge percentage of their take home pay in rent. How are these people supposed to 'save for a rainy day'?

£70 a week is peanuts and anyone claiming otherwise is an idiot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024