Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ajax - anyone hoping they don't go on to win the CL this year? 10:39 - Apr 17 with 865 viewsitfcjoe

Great to see them getting success again on the biggest stage, having stayed true to their principles.

A shame De Jong is leaving in the summer though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ajax - anyone hoping they don't go on to win the CL this year? on 10:42 - Apr 17 with 842 viewsKieran_Knows

Will be a shame as they will be dismantled this summer.

De Jong already off, De Ligt will definitely go, Zyiech has been linked with moves away for some time now, Neres came close to leaving in January too. Will be a shame, but the crop of youngsters below this lot are decent as well (Gravenberch, Ekkelenkamp to name just a couple).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ajax - anyone hoping they don't go on to win the CL this year? on 10:44 - Apr 17 with 819 viewsSomethingBlue

De Ligt has gone too, I think, and Neres definitely will. Perhaps a couple more. The good thing is that they've got the structure of the club right now: used to be a lot of Bayern Munich-style infighting but from Van Der Sar downwards it's now staffed by smart guys who are exactly on the same page and I think the talents will keep on coming through.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ajax - anyone hoping they don't go on to win the CL this year? on 10:50 - Apr 17 with 768 viewsitfcjoe

Ajax - anyone hoping they don't go on to win the CL this year? on 10:44 - Apr 17 by SomethingBlue

De Ligt has gone too, I think, and Neres definitely will. Perhaps a couple more. The good thing is that they've got the structure of the club right now: used to be a lot of Bayern Munich-style infighting but from Van Der Sar downwards it's now staffed by smart guys who are exactly on the same page and I think the talents will keep on coming through.

No matter how much talent comes through it is massively difficult to replace top players and will take 2-3 years for those players to get to the right levels again.

I think, where they have done better at the moment than previously is to make proper signings to complement the youngsters - Blind, Tadic, Neres, Ziyech were all decent fees and that can't be avoided.

Where is De Ligt off to? They could make £250m in transfer fees this summer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ajax - anyone hoping they don't go on to win the CL this year? on 10:55 - Apr 17 with 744 viewsSomethingBlue

Ajax - anyone hoping they don't go on to win the CL this year? on 10:50 - Apr 17 by itfcjoe

No matter how much talent comes through it is massively difficult to replace top players and will take 2-3 years for those players to get to the right levels again.

I think, where they have done better at the moment than previously is to make proper signings to complement the youngsters - Blind, Tadic, Neres, Ziyech were all decent fees and that can't be avoided.

Where is De Ligt off to? They could make £250m in transfer fees this summer

Yes, that's true about the signings and it's basically what made the difference this season.

De Ligt is off to Barca with De Jong I think. Think Tagliafico will be another who goes, probably to the PL. Interesting to see if anyone has a proper nibble for Ziyech — absolutely love him but not convinced he's efficient enough for the very top clubs' liking.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ajax - anyone hoping they don't go on to win the CL this year? on 11:11 - Apr 17 with 667 viewsJamestownPrince

Yes, I'm part dutch and my second team is PSV!!!

~The league title chase is going down to the wire

Mind you I just dislike them, its those Rotterdam $£$^%£^£$%£ Feyenoord I can't stand!!!

On the other hand, Ajax's success means more chance of 2 teams in the Champions League group stagges in future and perhaps another UEFA place ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024