Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey! 15:25 - Apr 17 with 7371 viewsGlasgowBlue

NFT

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Blimey! on 15:26 - Apr 17 with 4123 viewsJ2BLUE

Not surprised by that. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Blimey! on 15:28 - Apr 17 with 4116 viewsSteve_M

Slight caveat that that is a poll on the back of a Farage campaign launch and heavy media coverage but there is a definite need for the Remain parties to step up given their current approach is self-defeating:

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/04/17/remainers-are-making-a-pig-s-ear-of-

The limits of Labour's 'constructive ambiguity' has clearly been reached too. Not much point for a party dangling a mild promise of a second referendum only for that vote to be claimed by the party's front bench as one for Brexit.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Blimey! on 15:34 - Apr 17 with 4075 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey! on 15:28 - Apr 17 by Steve_M

Slight caveat that that is a poll on the back of a Farage campaign launch and heavy media coverage but there is a definite need for the Remain parties to step up given their current approach is self-defeating:

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2019/04/17/remainers-are-making-a-pig-s-ear-of-

The limits of Labour's 'constructive ambiguity' has clearly been reached too. Not much point for a party dangling a mild promise of a second referendum only for that vote to be claimed by the party's front bench as one for Brexit.

Even so, the only parties of remain are all polling poorly. Greens 10%, Lib Dems 9% and CHUK 6%.

Of those remain parties the only single issue party are CHUK who are bottom. Of the Brexit parties, the only single issue party BREXIT are top.

You would expect the EU elections to used to by remainers and leavers alike to express their preference and remainers are severely lacking.

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey! on 15:37 - Apr 17 with 4045 viewsBOjK

Blimey! on 15:28 - Apr 17 by Steve_M

I disagree with the conclusions of that blog. I can't see how it helps remainers to work together. It is important for ChangeUK and the LibDems to get all the votes they can each.

ChangeUK needs to make a statement that it is a plausible party, able to get MPs elected into parliament, and the LibDems need to ensure that it isn't.

What everyone analysing that vote will do is add up the tories, brexit party and UKIP, and put them as 'LEAVE', and on the other side they'll add the SNP, Greens, LDs and ChangeUK, and make that 'REMAIN'. Some will include Labour, in the remain total, and some won't.

That said it is a hugely impressive achievement for Farage to get his lot to top of the poll in virtually no time. He's a massively influential politician, for good or ill. It is doubtful Brexit would have happened without him.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Blimey! on 15:49 - Apr 17 with 3970 viewsGavTWTD

Can you explain why it matters how we vote in the European Parliament? I'm asking for a friend.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Blimey! on 15:50 - Apr 17 with 3958 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey! on 15:49 - Apr 17 by GavTWTD

Can you explain why it matters how we vote in the European Parliament? I'm asking for a friend.

As they won't be serving there very long, the main reason would be to lodge your protest either for or against Brexit this time around.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 15:55]

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey! on 15:56 - Apr 17 with 3916 viewsGuthrum

Altho if you look at the full results, "Don't Know" and "Would Not Vote" are quite a way in the lead of any party. So there is some leeway yet.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/vdqicng3bz/People

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Blimey! on 15:58 - Apr 17 with 3896 viewsGuthrum

Blimey! on 15:50 - Apr 17 by GlasgowBlue

As they won't be serving there very long, the main reason would be to lodge your protest either for or against Brexit this time around.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 15:55]

* might not be serving there very long ...

Who knows what's going to happen in six months' time?

Login to get fewer ads

Blimey! on 16:01 - Apr 17 with 3879 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey! on 15:56 - Apr 17 by Guthrum

Altho if you look at the full results, "Don't Know" and "Would Not Vote" are quite a way in the lead of any party. So there is some leeway yet.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/vdqicng3bz/People

"Don't knows" and "won't votes" have traditionally been spread in proportion with the polls after an election.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 16:05]

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey! on 16:13 - Apr 17 with 3813 viewsGuthrum

Blimey! on 16:01 - Apr 17 by GlasgowBlue

"Don't knows" and "won't votes" have traditionally been spread in proportion with the polls after an election.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 16:05]

To an extent, but we are at a very early stage yet. For a start, there may be a reaction to the publication of the results of this poll.

Blimey! on 16:18 - Apr 17 with 3787 viewsNo9

Blimey! on 16:13 - Apr 17 by Guthrum

To an extent, but we are at a very early stage yet. For a start, there may be a reaction to the publication of the results of this poll.

Not to mention how bad poll predictions have been in recent years
Blimey! on 16:36 - Apr 17 with 3744 viewsDarth_Koont

Blimey! on 15:49 - Apr 17 by GavTWTD

Indeed. It was bad enough how the Eurosceptics wasted votes to elect UKIP who didn't want to engage. Now in the middle of Brexit shenanigans these protest votes and the people they'll elect are even more meaningless.

Pronouns: He/Him

Blimey! on 16:50 - Apr 17 with 3710 viewsm14_blue

It would seem that support for a no deal Brexit is far lower than has been suggested then.

Good news.
Blimey! on 17:14 - Apr 17 with 3638 viewspickles110564

Blimey! on 15:26 - Apr 17 by J2BLUE

Not surprised by that. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Why are you disappointed? We are still fuming with how the Tories and labour have let us all down.
Blimey! on 17:16 - Apr 17 with 3627 viewspickles110564

Blimey! on 16:18 - Apr 17 by No9

Not to mention how bad poll predictions have been in recent years

Now you say the polls don't matter, make me laugh you do.
Blimey! on 17:18 - Apr 17 with 3620 viewspickles110564

Blimey! on 16:50 - Apr 17 by m14_blue

It would seem that support for a no deal Brexit is far lower than has been suggested then.

Good news.

LOL. clutching at straws again. 34% for no deal parties without count the Tories & Labour votes that want no deal too.
Blimey! on 17:32 - Apr 17 with 3597 viewsStokieBlue

Blimey! on 17:18 - Apr 17 by pickles110564

LOL. clutching at straws again. 34% for no deal parties without count the Tories & Labour votes that want no deal too.

Surely a Tory or Labour vote who wanted no deal would vote for the brexit party. It's not a general election.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Blimey! on 17:46 - Apr 17 with 3565 viewspickles110564

Blimey! on 17:32 - Apr 17 by StokieBlue

Surely a Tory or Labour vote who wanted no deal would vote for the brexit party. It's not a general election.

SB

How would that be, the remoaners say we are all thick, how would be realise and vote that way?
Blimey! on 17:47 - Apr 17 with 3564 viewschicoazul

Why blimey? Nothing surprising here, other than people still not getting it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Blimey! on 17:48 - Apr 17 with 3552 viewsJ2BLUE

Blimey! on 17:14 - Apr 17 by pickles110564

Why are you disappointed? We are still fuming with how the Tories and labour have let us all down.

Because I hope we don't leave and if we eventually do decide to stay we're going to have MEPs who are just out to cause maximum disruption if this poll is accurate.

Truly impaired.

Blimey! on 17:51 - Apr 17 with 3537 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blimey! on 17:32 - Apr 17 by StokieBlue

SB

or UKip who add 7% to the no deal total. Plus you will have dyed in the wool Tories who will only vote Tory. Just as you have dyed in the wool Labour voters who will only vote Labour.

Not that I'm advocating No Deal. But based on party policy we have

34% No Deal Brexit
22% Labour's unicorn Brexit
15% Mays deal Brexit

Some form of Brexit 71% VS 25% Remain

Iron Lion Zion

Blimey! on 17:53 - Apr 17 with 3530 viewslowhouseblue

Blimey! on 15:37 - Apr 17 by BOjK

I disagree with the conclusions of that blog. I can't see how it helps remainers to work together. It is important for ChangeUK and the LibDems to get all the votes they can each.

ChangeUK needs to make a statement that it is a plausible party, able to get MPs elected into parliament, and the LibDems need to ensure that it isn't.

What everyone analysing that vote will do is add up the tories, brexit party and UKIP, and put them as 'LEAVE', and on the other side they'll add the SNP, Greens, LDs and ChangeUK, and make that 'REMAIN'. Some will include Labour, in the remain total, and some won't.

That said it is a hugely impressive achievement for Farage to get his lot to top of the poll in virtually no time. He's a massively influential politician, for good or ill. It is doubtful Brexit would have happened without him.

you would have to put labour down as can't decide / won't say.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Blimey! on 17:57 - Apr 17 with 3516 viewsJ2BLUE

Blimey! on 17:51 - Apr 17 by GlasgowBlue

or UKip who add 7% to the no deal total. Plus you will have dyed in the wool Tories who will only vote Tory. Just as you have dyed in the wool Labour voters who will only vote Labour.

Not that I'm advocating No Deal. But based on party policy we have

34% No Deal Brexit
22% Labour's unicorn Brexit
15% Mays deal Brexit

Some form of Brexit 71% VS 25% Remain

I don't think anyone can read anything into these results. If we look at the European elections where UKIP won you would think leave would have won with a landslide. I'm sure there are plenty of remainers who are also diehard Tories.

Truly impaired.

Blimey! on 17:59 - Apr 17 with 3507 viewsm14_blue

Blimey! on 17:18 - Apr 17 by pickles110564

Well it was tongue in cheek really but I think it’s fair to assume that anyone who’s maniac enough to want no deal is almost certain to vote UKIP or Chairman Nige.

That’s 34%, nothing like what the no deal proponents would have us believe.
Blimey! on 18:03 - Apr 17 with 3484 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Maybe the People's vote thing isn't such a good idea.......perhaps 'populism' would be a good excuse to skip democracy and just hand power to clever experts and technocrats!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024