Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the Lambert haters are out again 16:41 - Apr 19 with 13156 viewsgtsb

Wasnt Lambert's squad, needs a preseason to make his mark with some new arrivals which will happen and if you think its easy to get motivated when you have nothing to play for ( Lambert has to say they are) then think again. Keep Lambert we'll have a chance of coming up but change manager AGAIN then we really are a basket case club and will struggle.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:00 - Apr 19 with 5051 viewsMrTown

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 16:49 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

Lambert has changed the style of football. It seems fairly clear he was never confident of getting out of it and has prepared for next season.

He's changed the style between boxes.

But sadly in the ends of the pitch were it counts most, nothing has changed.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:03 - Apr 19 with 5041 viewsMrTown

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:18 - Apr 19 by gtsb

He's beyond criticism in my book until the autumn. He inherited an absolute nightmare. I'm optimistic he'll turn it around.

I've always said he deserves a good summer, but he's had 30 games with this squad and they still can't do the basics at the back well enough and that is incredibly alarming.

Now that's either poor coaching, or poor footballing ability. Either way, lambert has to rectifying it in the summer.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:05 - Apr 19 with 5040 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:49 - Apr 19 by brogansnose

We'll be playing the young guns with a couple of loan signings plus , I'm assuming, a new striker. Either way, pretty much, what we've got is what we'll have next season.

Think you have hit the nail on the head. Possibly a free transfer (Norwood) or two. It will be a culture shock for quite a few of us older supporters and certainly a tough league to get out of.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:05 - Apr 19 with 5035 viewsMrTown

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:49 - Apr 19 by brogansnose

We'll be playing the young guns with a couple of loan signings plus , I'm assuming, a new striker. Either way, pretty much, what we've got is what we'll have next season.

If this is what we've got next year we will finish 12th, have a decade in L1 before we plummet into L2 and the cycle repeats.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:06 - Apr 19 with 5038 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 16:55 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

That's one way to spin it. The other way is why bother playing loan players when we can use the players who will be here next year?

Hold on, two posts up you said it was obvious Lambert was never confident of getting out of it and was preparing for next season all along? If that’s the case then why bother making short term signings in the first place - 6 of them in fact?

Feels like you’re trying a bit too hard to make excuses for Lambert here, which is surprising from someone like yourself

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:13 - Apr 19 with 5012 viewsbrogansnose

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:05 - Apr 19 by StochesStotasBlewe

Think you have hit the nail on the head. Possibly a free transfer (Norwood) or two. It will be a culture shock for quite a few of us older supporters and certainly a tough league to get out of.

Agree, I'm not expecting miracles Piney. If PL isn't the manager for this then I don't know who is. There's no quick fix for us.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:18 - Apr 19 with 4992 viewsMrTown

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:13 - Apr 19 by brogansnose

Agree, I'm not expecting miracles Piney. If PL isn't the manager for this then I don't know who is. There's no quick fix for us.

1 or 2 free transfers won't get us top 10.

We need 5 or 6. We need 3 defenders(2 full backs) and 2 strikers.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:20 - Apr 19 with 4990 viewsbraveblue

What was Preston playing for? Criticism does nit mean hate for goodness sake. Keeps playing a system that does not work. Fans are concerned.
Login to get fewer ads

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:22 - Apr 19 with 4986 viewsRegencyBlue

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 16:42 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

Wasn't Lambert's squad???? Bree, Elder, Collins, Judge, Keane, Quaner... he signed half a team in January yet didn't improve our lot at all.

All were available in January for a reason and Evans wasn’t going to break the bank!

It was a 50/50 punt and it didn’t work.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:38 - Apr 19 with 4949 viewsPositivelyPortman

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 16:44 - Apr 19 by gtsb

Sorry, didn't realise it's six a side.

Those six plus all our so called ‘superstar’ youngsters. They showed nothing at all.
There’s no way any of those kids will hold their own in Div 1.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:45 - Apr 19 with 4933 viewsPositivelyPortman

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:00 - Apr 19 by MrTown

He's changed the style between boxes.

But sadly in the ends of the pitch were it counts most, nothing has changed.

Midfield was crap today as well as the other 2 ends.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:50 - Apr 19 with 4921 viewsgtsb

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:49 - Apr 19 by gtsb

Ok then we sack the manager. Over to all the people who don't think Lambert is the man. Tell us who we appoint and how they will improve the team. Go....

Still waiting.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 19:05 - Apr 19 with 4890 viewsMrTown

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:45 - Apr 19 by PositivelyPortman

Midfield was crap today as well as the other 2 ends.

Adds to the commiserations of the day.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 19:10 - Apr 19 with 4880 viewsMrTown

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:50 - Apr 19 by gtsb

Still waiting.

Preferences on managers have always been subjective, one of my personal preferences has always been Mark Warburton.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 19:11 - Apr 19 with 4883 viewsHARRY10

hater, how old are you ?

Are you not capable of understanding some folk have valid comments about Lambert and how things are going without them being accused of hating him.

I doubt there is any Town fan who 'hates' him so stop being silly.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 19:29 - Apr 19 with 4864 viewsgtsb

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 19:10 - Apr 19 by MrTown

Preferences on managers have always been subjective, one of my personal preferences has always been Mark Warburton.

He's that good that everyone is after him
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 19:30 - Apr 19 with 4861 viewsgtsb

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 19:11 - Apr 19 by HARRY10

hater, how old are you ?

Are you not capable of understanding some folk have valid comments about Lambert and how things are going without them being accused of hating him.

I doubt there is any Town fan who 'hates' him so stop being silly.

Yes
You'd be surprised although hate was a bit strong I'll give you that. Dislike would be more appropriate.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2019 19:33]
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 19:59 - Apr 19 with 4825 viewsJ2BLUE

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:06 - Apr 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hold on, two posts up you said it was obvious Lambert was never confident of getting out of it and was preparing for next season all along? If that’s the case then why bother making short term signings in the first place - 6 of them in fact?

Feels like you’re trying a bit too hard to make excuses for Lambert here, which is surprising from someone like yourself

If you go back and look at the timeline I don't think it's an unreasonable position. Can you imagine if we didn't sign anyone? The fans would have lost their minds. I think Lambert thought we might get out of it to begin with but it very quickly became obvious that we could not survive. You've seen people saying we're basically on an extended pre-season. I agree with them.

I actually find it more surprising people like you are so negative. I realise things aren't 100% rosy but I don't see what being negative is going to achieve, especially when the general consensus, even from sceptics seems to be that Lambert deserves a proper season after a proper pre-season with his own squad.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 20:09 - Apr 19 with 4811 viewschristiand

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 16:49 - Apr 19 by bontcho

He had to take a punt but it didn’t work. That doesn’t mean a squad coached properly in pre season with a style of playing, bonded etc can’t succeed. Personally I think we have to give Lambo until (say) November, see what is happening. I’m hopeful.

My thoughts too. If we can start next season well, get some confidence through a few victories and get a bit of momentum this will help massively. Such a disappointment today result and performance wise, it will be interesting the reaction on Monday (pleased it's so soon after today, instead of having to wait a week). PL was very bullish in his post match interview, the player's reaction against Swansea City could be very telling.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 20:38 - Apr 19 with 4782 viewshype313

He's been great from a PR point of view, but his managerial record since his time here has been woeful, there's no getting away from it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 20:40 - Apr 19 with 4781 viewsMrTown

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 19:29 - Apr 19 by gtsb

He's that good that everyone is after him

A bit like Lambert after he left Stoke ey.

3 relegation's at his last 5 clubs and hasn't surpassed 12 months in any of his last 3 jobs.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 23:25 - Apr 19 with 4730 viewsBigalhunter

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 18:50 - Apr 19 by gtsb

Still waiting.

Remind us who you recommended to replace MM?
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 09:01 - Apr 20 with 4612 viewsmrtea

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:01 - Apr 19 by MrTown

Can hardly blame them. An absolute drumming, could have been more easily.

Was speaking to a Stoke fan and he said there he got them defensively organised but couldn’t score goals if they played for 24 hours.

Now he can’t even sort either out.

Odd, as he was the opposite for us.

He had Holt, Wessi and co banging them in at the other end so just seemed to be happy with that.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 11:29 - Apr 20 with 4586 viewspointofblue

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 09:01 - Apr 20 by mrtea

Odd, as he was the opposite for us.

He had Holt, Wessi and co banging them in at the other end so just seemed to be happy with that.

Ha, so first he couldn’t sort out the defence, then he couldn’t sort out the attack, now he can’t sort out either!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 11:48 - Apr 20 with 4579 viewspeterleeblue

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:20 - Apr 19 by jas0999

Haters? Don’t see that. But frankly he’s been here since October and we have struggled to win just three games. Surely you can see the concern?

Is that the October when we realise it still isn't getting better and we are lumbered with Lambert's deadwood. Look I sincerely hope he turns it round I really do. However a more united fanbase maybe so but it isnt exactly manifesting itself in points on the board. I am really struggling to to understand why Lambert should not be questioned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024