Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the Lambert haters are out again 16:41 - Apr 19 with 13160 viewsgtsb

Wasnt Lambert's squad, needs a preseason to make his mark with some new arrivals which will happen and if you think its easy to get motivated when you have nothing to play for ( Lambert has to say they are) then think again. Keep Lambert we'll have a chance of coming up but change manager AGAIN then we really are a basket case club and will struggle.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:05 - Apr 19 with 2562 viewsLankHenners

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 16:59 - Apr 19 by Trequartista

He's not done that until we are mathematically down (no loans today for the first time?)

So he’s done what he said he’d do. Not sure what your big gotcha angle is here.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:07 - Apr 19 with 2557 viewsBlueBadger

From my point of view, it's because I'm fed up of all the Improved Performances and would just like to see us be BETTER.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:09 - Apr 19 with 2544 viewsLankHenners

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:07 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

From my point of view, it's because I'm fed up of all the Improved Performances and would just like to see us be BETTER.

The only person still referring to ‘improved performances’ is you. Everyone else stopped after the very brief spell of us looking better had stopped.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:12 - Apr 19 with 2527 viewsgtsb

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:07 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

Pep would struggle to get anything from this squad. P.s...if you'd like to see us be better you need to attend.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2019 17:13]
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:13 - Apr 19 with 2519 viewspointofblue

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:09 - Apr 19 by LankHenners

The only person still referring to ‘improved performances’ is you. Everyone else stopped after the very brief spell of us looking better had stopped.

To be fair, the second half against Birmingham was decent hence the good response at the final whistle. I can't imagine the fans being quite so agreeable if we'd just been pasted 4-0.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:14 - Apr 19 with 2513 viewsTrequartista

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:02 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

It's been clear that we are down for some time now even if Lambert didn't admit it.

But he has still be selecting loan players until today. And not necessarily his ones.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:15 - Apr 19 with 2511 viewshomer_123

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:12 - Apr 19 by gtsb

Pep would struggle to get anything from this squad. P.s...if you'd like to see us be better you need to attend.

Better....what does that mean?

We still only play in spells. Maybe 30 mins as opposed to 10 or 15 mins. We are still toothless up front and we are still prone to errors.

We are...at best...marginally better than under Hurst.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:16 - Apr 19 with 2504 viewsTrequartista

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:02 - Apr 19 by gtsb

Instead of moaning then what do you want to happen. What manager do you want and tell us how he'll make a difference.

I don't think a change of manager is a good idea, i think Lambert should get a chance to bring us back up, but that doesn't mean he is beyond criticism just because the previous manager made a mess.

Login to get fewer ads

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:16 - Apr 19 with 2492 viewsBlueBadger

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:12 - Apr 19 by gtsb

I'm not sure that 'Badger who doesn't attend very much, turning out even less becase we're even more rubbish than last season' isn't really a root cause here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:17 - Apr 19 with 2488 viewsBlueBadger

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:09 - Apr 19 by LankHenners

Fair enough on the latter, I just don't see why people can, at this point in time continue to defend him, even allowing for the hand of duds he's been dealt.
A very good point from someone made to me at Bolton last Saturday by BlueBadger 11 Apr 2019 19:52
I can only think that we've been gripped by some kind of weird collective Stockholm syndrome, a bit like when Keane was in charge. The football was dreadful, results were dreadful and people STILL supported him. Let's get this straight here, some nice tippy-tappy in midfield where you then lose 2-0 isn't an 'Improved Performance' just because you didn't play it long.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:18 - Apr 19 with 2482 viewsgtsb

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:16 - Apr 19 by Trequartista

I don't think a change of manager is a good idea, i think Lambert should get a chance to bring us back up, but that doesn't mean he is beyond criticism just because the previous manager made a mess.

He's beyond criticism in my book until the autumn. He inherited an absolute nightmare. I'm optimistic he'll turn it around.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:20 - Apr 19 with 2467 viewsjas0999

Haters? Don’t see that. But frankly he’s been here since October and we have struggled to win just three games. Surely you can see the concern?
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:21 - Apr 19 with 2459 viewsBlueBadger

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:20 - Apr 19 by jas0999

Haters? Don’t see that. But frankly he’s been here since October and we have struggled to win just three games. Surely you can see the concern?

Even the interviews have stopped being good.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:36 - Apr 19 with 2411 viewshomer_123

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 16:46 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

We're playing golf. Hurst sold all our drivers and our putter and replaced them with wooden spoons. Lambert was able to loan in a few irons but nowhere near enough to compete.

You can still play with irons and quite easy get around a course and be competitive.

Ladies golf innit.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:37 - Apr 19 with 2411 viewshomer_123

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:16 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure that 'Badger who doesn't attend very much, turning out even less becase we're even more rubbish than last season' isn't really a root cause here.

I dont know Badge. Any reason we cant blame you?

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:37 - Apr 19 with 2409 viewsTrequartista

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:18 - Apr 19 by gtsb

He's beyond criticism in my book until the autumn. He inherited an absolute nightmare. I'm optimistic he'll turn it around.

Lots of managers inherit nightmares and turn it around. The results have stayed appalling, there is nothing yet from either this season, or his past four appointments, that point to future success, but as I said, he deserves a chance to prove himself.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:38 - Apr 19 with 2406 viewsTrequartista

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:05 - Apr 19 by LankHenners

So he’s done what he said he’d do. Not sure what your big gotcha angle is here.

There is no gotcha, i merely argued that the comparison of him bringing in irons compared to the wooden spoons he inherited is false.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:42 - Apr 19 with 2398 viewsMattinLondon

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 16:49 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

Lambert has changed the style of football. It seems fairly clear he was never confident of getting out of it and has prepared for next season.

I think that PL has to share some of the responsibility for the poor results but he can be forgiven as the squad he inherited just wasn’t good enough.

I think that PL was caught between accepting relegation, but then being seen as quite negative in mind, or try and persuade ME to try and buy the club out of the bottom three. Unfortunately the players he may well have wanted was not available during the January transfer window. Instead he punted on what was available and hoped for the best.

Both outcomes, in my opinion were half measures and didn’t accomplish a lot.

Personally I think that PL does have a plan for instant promotion. He has secured Judge who will be one of the better players in L1. He will be ruthless in getting rid of players he does not want and I’m hopeful that next season will be a success.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:45 - Apr 19 with 2391 viewsLankHenners

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:38 - Apr 19 by Trequartista

There is no gotcha, i merely argued that the comparison of him bringing in irons compared to the wooden spoons he inherited is false.

Even though it isn’t.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:48 - Apr 19 with 2367 viewsTrequartista

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:45 - Apr 19 by LankHenners

Even though it isn’t.

Even though he started playing Hurst's players ahead of his own several weeks ago. Not that that matters as i am talking about my opinion, not his, but when the manager in question even suggests it with team selections, well.....case closed really.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:49 - Apr 19 with 2362 viewsbrogansnose

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:42 - Apr 19 by MattinLondon

I think that PL has to share some of the responsibility for the poor results but he can be forgiven as the squad he inherited just wasn’t good enough.

I think that PL was caught between accepting relegation, but then being seen as quite negative in mind, or try and persuade ME to try and buy the club out of the bottom three. Unfortunately the players he may well have wanted was not available during the January transfer window. Instead he punted on what was available and hoped for the best.

Both outcomes, in my opinion were half measures and didn’t accomplish a lot.

Personally I think that PL does have a plan for instant promotion. He has secured Judge who will be one of the better players in L1. He will be ruthless in getting rid of players he does not want and I’m hopeful that next season will be a success.

We'll be playing the young guns with a couple of loan signings plus , I'm assuming, a new striker. Either way, pretty much, what we've got is what we'll have next season.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:49 - Apr 19 with 2360 viewsgtsb

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:20 - Apr 19 by jas0999

Ok then we sack the manager. Over to all the people who don't think Lambert is the man. Tell us who we appoint and how they will improve the team. Go....
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:50 - Apr 19 with 2355 viewsBenters2

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 16:42 - Apr 19 by BackToRussia

I mean, it'd be silly not to worry, surely?

I can see the case both ways but we are being tonked 4-0.

This.
I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:53 - Apr 19 with 2338 viewsLankHenners

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:48 - Apr 19 by Trequartista

Even though he started playing Hurst's players ahead of his own several weeks ago. Not that that matters as i am talking about my opinion, not his, but when the manager in question even suggests it with team selections, well.....case closed really.

So it does and doesn’t matter when it suits you and also it’s your own opinion so the issue doesn’t matter anyway unless it does.

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:55 - Apr 19 with 2330 viewsTrequartista

I see the Lambert haters are out again on 17:53 - Apr 19 by LankHenners

So it does and doesn’t matter when it suits you and also it’s your own opinion so the issue doesn’t matter anyway unless it does.

That's not what i said at all. What i said is what i said, not what you are saying i said.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024