Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer 18:05 - Apr 19 with 5011 viewsitfcjoe

Been absolutely woeful since returning from injury, as bad as I’ve ever seen from him.

Beaten to the ball and got spun 4 or 5 times in the first half then again for the goal, he looks like an old man in there at the moment.

He looked really good when lambert first came in, but since rushing back from injury has been awful

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:07 - Apr 19 with 4989 viewsgoat_man

He needs to have a break permanently. This has been happening to him for the last 5 years!
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:07 - Apr 19 with 4986 viewsMrTown

Yet again agreeing with Joe.

Has looked an old man in the middle of the park since turning, barely influenced tempo of any game, very peripheral in terms of influence through his passing ability.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:08 - Apr 19 with 4980 viewsLankHenners

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:07 - Apr 19 by goat_man

He needs to have a break permanently. This has been happening to him for the last 5 years!

No it hasn’t.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:08 - Apr 19 with 4975 viewsMrTown

Still think Chambers and Skuse have roles to play in the squad, but they're not first XI anymore.

And that has been said for about 18 months now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:16 - Apr 19 with 4929 viewsgroovyASH

He is an old man now, in relative football terms his best days are gone and are not coming back. He is slower and will become more injury prone, it will only go south from here.

Same goes for Chambers at the back, he was really poor today. His limitations are exposed when he is surrounded by three other below par defenders

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:18 - Apr 19 with 4910 viewsRegencyBlue

Agree he’s been poor since coming back.

You do wonder if he’s up to the rigours of League 1 though. There are a lot of games at that level and he’s not getting any younger.

I’ve always rated him but not sure about how he will be next season to be honest.
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:22 - Apr 19 with 4872 viewsbraveblue

And what else is new? We will never do anything with him as the main man in midfield.
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:32 - Apr 19 with 4817 viewsBlueBadger

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:22 - Apr 19 by braveblue

And what else is new? We will never do anything with him as the main man in midfield.

...apart from from several top half finishes in the Championship.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 19:24 - Apr 19 with 4681 viewspointofblue

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:18 - Apr 19 by RegencyBlue

Agree he’s been poor since coming back.

You do wonder if he’s up to the rigours of League 1 though. There are a lot of games at that level and he’s not getting any younger.

I’ve always rated him but not sure about how he will be next season to be honest.

To be fair, there are the same number of league games at League One level as there are in the Championship. It depends how seriously we take the cup competitions, particularly the Checkatrade Trophy - looking back, Norwich reached the Area Semi-Final under Lamber before losing to Southampton.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 20:07 - Apr 19 with 4587 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Anthony Grant - nitty gritty holding midfielder.

Has bundles of experience in League 1. Real nasty bastar* in the holding role, aggressive, but very good at breaking up play.

31 years old, out of contract in the summer but having the season of his career this season.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 07:04 - Apr 20 with 4433 viewsTractorWood

He's 33. He's done. It just the Douglas scenario again with a bit more finesse.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 15:09 - Apr 20 with 4317 viewsRobTheMonk

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 07:04 - Apr 20 by TractorWood

He's 33. He's done. It just the Douglas scenario again with a bit more finesse.

The Douglas thing was quite sad looking back on it. Mick should of taken him out of the firing line way, way before he eventually did. Douglas hasn't played since leaving us...
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 17:13 - Apr 20 with 4243 viewsbraveblue

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:32 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

Wow!!
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 17:18 - Apr 20 with 4235 viewsjas0999

I wouldn’t be disappointed if he left in the summer. Every year he is getting worse.
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 17:23 - Apr 20 with 4216 viewsGlasgowBlue

This season can't end soon enough for a great many of our team.

I a season where we have been fighting a relegation battle, our 4 most experienced players have been found wanting. Bart, Chambers and Skuse have looked shadows of their former selves whilst Knudsen has been trying to bail out since Christmas.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 06:46 - Apr 21 with 4039 viewsdissboy2

some players never recover from injury and looks like he's one. Pat on the back to him for everything he's put in for us over the years but I think PL will let him go in the summer
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 08:28 - Apr 21 with 3996 viewstextbackup

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 17:23 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

I a season where we have been fighting a relegation battle, our 4 most experienced players have been found wanting. Bart, Chambers and Skuse have looked shadows of their former selves whilst Knudsen has been trying to bail out since Christmas.

Love and appreciate LC CS and BB, but all have really let us down this season, they’ll admit that too.
Does PL need his own older heads in the team? Personally think so
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 8:51]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 10:22 - Apr 21 with 3920 viewspointofblue

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 17:23 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

This may get down votes but, remembering the rumours at the time, I seem to recall the senior played were responsible for pushing Hurst and Doig out too. I would have hoped their performances would have improved after their departure but only Skuse, prior injury, could honestly say he picked himself up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 10:23 - Apr 21 with 3916 viewsNo9

Agreed
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 11:21 - Apr 21 with 3888 viewsDennyx4

Think this season he has been very poor, not sure I go with he looked really good when Lambert came in.

It is a difficult one, because we don't have a lot of experience, but I am not sure Skuse has the legs to be a central midfielder for much longer - maybe he wont be exposed as much in League 1?
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 11:33 - Apr 21 with 3868 viewsjaykay

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 18:32 - Apr 19 by BlueBadger

and relegation twice to div 1

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 12:22 - Apr 21 with 3821 viewsChurchman

Never thought Skuse was good enough, let alone now. I’d rather see his wages spent on somebody else. I’d keep Chambers in a coaching/back up role. He could be an important figure in the club next season. Knudson: cheerio for me.
Skuse needs to have a break until the summer on 12:31 - Apr 21 with 3801 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

better still a transfer

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024