Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer 18:25 - Apr 19 with 1476 viewsbontcho

Stick to his 4-3-3 formation and therefore have to bring in at least 3 new starters (right back, left winger, striker) plus presumably others (a left sided centre half? He often mentions it) or stick to broadly this squad (obviously there would be some signings) but use a different formation (diamond? 3-5-2?) that suits who we have.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:35 - Apr 19 with 1441 viewsthebooks

He's a bit inflexible. We were playing Lamboball (433 and centre backs splitting to play it out) for way too long, but the diamond worked after that. I'm a bit concerned we've reverted to 433 and even the centre backs splitting when it keeps failing.

Incidentally, Judge plays best in the diamond. He can really roam then.

I don't think this is his biggest decision, though.
Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:36 - Apr 19 with 1433 viewsBackToRussia

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:35 - Apr 19 by thebooks

He's a bit inflexible. We were playing Lamboball (433 and centre backs splitting to play it out) for way too long, but the diamond worked after that. I'm a bit concerned we've reverted to 433 and even the centre backs splitting when it keeps failing.

well....?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:43 - Apr 19 with 1401 viewsMrTown

Go back to the diamond, suits him, suits our players (Bishop/Nolan/Judge and 2 strikers)

We played some of our best football in that formation but it didn't last long.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:46 - Apr 19 with 1391 viewsTractorCam

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:43 - Apr 19 by MrTown

Go back to the diamond, suits him, suits our players (Bishop/Nolan/Judge and 2 strikers)

We got a lot of injuries, i really hope that's the reason for the formation reverting!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:08 - Apr 19 with 1262 viewsthebooks

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:36 - Apr 19 by BackToRussia

well....?

Whether he really wants to do it.

I think he sees himself as a top level manager. We're in theory a biggish club and he knows he'll get some time.

But. His record here is worse than Paul Hurst's; he can claim we've played well as much as he likes, but we've won 3 in 28 or so. That is appalling, whatever the background. He must be aware of this.

Also, we maybe a potentially a big club, but there's no sign of any real investment. It's not impossible we'll spend the next few seasons in league one purely because our squad is poor and doesn't look like getting substantially better.

The fans are great etc. etc. but that positivity will soon disappear.
Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:09 - Apr 19 with 1252 viewsBackToRussia

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:08 - Apr 19 by thebooks

Whether he really wants to do it.

I think he sees himself as a top level manager. We're in theory a biggish club and he knows he'll get some time.

But. His record here is worse than Paul Hurst's; he can claim we've played well as much as he likes, but we've won 3 in 28 or so. That is appalling, whatever the background. He must be aware of this.

Also, we maybe a potentially a big club, but there's no sign of any real investment. It's not impossible we'll spend the next few seasons in league one purely because our squad is poor and doesn't look like getting substantially better.

The fans are great etc. etc. but that positivity will soon disappear.

At this stage he needs us a bit more than we need him, I think.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:12 - Apr 19 with 1234 viewsthebooks

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:09 - Apr 19 by BackToRussia

At this stage he needs us a bit more than we need him, I think.

Yeah, I think that's right. Maybe a really big decision about his whole managerial career? It can't be much fun winning 1 game in 10 or so, regardless of how good or bad the fans are. Does he *really* see a future here?
Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:13 - Apr 19 with 1226 viewschristiand

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:43 - Apr 19 by MrTown

After today's display, it might force PL's hand to change things up for the Swansea game.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:14 - Apr 19 with 1222 viewsBackToRussia

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:12 - Apr 19 by thebooks

Yeah, I think that's right. Maybe a really big decision about his whole managerial career? It can't be much fun winning 1 game in 10 or so, regardless of how good or bad the fans are. Does he *really* see a future here?

Absolutely, if I were him I'd be wondering if I still want to be a football manager. He better be completely signed up to being a League 1 manager at best (potentially) or this situation could get worse and worse.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:15 - Apr 19 with 1222 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Diamond please. Get Alan Judge running the show in a free role (Hoolahan esc).

Don't know why he reverted away from it. His best managerial spell came with the diamond.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:50 - Apr 19 with 1118 viewsMrTown

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:46 - Apr 19 by TractorCam

We got a lot of injuries, i really hope that's the reason for the formation reverting!

We did to be fair, but we have now ended the last 2 games with 2 strikers, and we have decent enough options in central midfield.

It baffles me that he was so good with it at Norwich, has a player so technically fitting for that role in Judge, two wider younger central midfielders with energy and legs.

And yet he has moved away from it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:59 - Apr 19 with 1075 viewspointofblue

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 18:35 - Apr 19 by thebooks

I can only assume the lack of fit strikers has forced his hand of late to revert to the 4-3-3; Harrison, Sears, Lancaster and Morris all out alongside Keane; I'm going to assume Quaner will return for the Swansea game as perhaps Keane isn't fully ready for 90 minutes yet.

That's me giving him the benefit of the doubt as 4-4-2 works far better for us - even Judge was more potent when running on from midfield against Birmingham rather than playing as part of a perceived front three.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 21:07 - Apr 19 with 1056 viewsSwansea_Blue

I reckon notional starting formation is the least of his worries.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 21:10 - Apr 19 with 1046 viewsthebooks

Lambo’s biggest decision for the summer on 20:59 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

I can only assume the lack of fit strikers has forced his hand of late to revert to the 4-3-3; Harrison, Sears, Lancaster and Morris all out alongside Keane; I'm going to assume Quaner will return for the Swansea game as perhaps Keane isn't fully ready for 90 minutes yet.

That's me giving him the benefit of the doubt as 4-4-2 works far better for us - even Judge was more potent when running on from midfield against Birmingham rather than playing as part of a perceived front three.

I think he only rates Quaner and Keane, but he made the decision last week to only play loans when necessary. Is Harrison injured? Maybe the only non-loanee striker he has available is Jackson, but to play him alone up front is plain wrong.

Whatever, he obviously favours 433, but I agree: our best football has been with a diamond, with Judge completely free.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024