Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the highlights has left me speechless. 20:27 - Apr 19 with 4050 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

First goal is very good strike.

Second goal, catastrophic double header from Nsiala and Emmanuel.

Third goal, apart from the shambles of a defensive structure, what is Bart doing?

Fourth goal, had Myles Kenlock been sent off because I didn't see him.

That defense is embarrassing, no organisation at all, no leadership by example at all.
Skuse looks awful, old and leggy in the centre, Chambers is getting worse with age, Emmanuel had a disaster. I think most will now agree the 2 full backs are nothing better than cover.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:40 - Apr 19 with 3551 viewsBackToRussia

Emmanuel and Kenlock are two relatively young players establishing themselves as players. That's their excuse. What's Chambers and Skuse's?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:45 - Apr 19 with 3526 viewsdavblue

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:40 - Apr 19 by BackToRussia

Emmanuel and Kenlock are two relatively young players establishing themselves as players. That's their excuse. What's Chambers and Skuse's?

I really don’t think either are up to it. There’s question marks against Chambers and Skuse also. They need to reset this summer and hopefully come back better.
Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:45 - Apr 19 with 3525 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:40 - Apr 19 by BackToRussia

Emmanuel and Kenlock are learning. I can understand that but they should not be first choice full backs next year.

people having been saying the same thing about Skuse and Chambers for a while now. A they will have a good game here and there, and Chambo will throw his body in the way, rally the troops but will be awful for the next 7/8 games.

And Skuse is looking an old old man in there now. He's playing a sweeping role, screening the back four, but he just doesn't have the legs anymore.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:47 - Apr 19 with 3508 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:45 - Apr 19 by davblue

I really don’t think either are up to it. There’s question marks against Chambers and Skuse also. They need to reset this summer and hopefully come back better.

They need to reset and come back as nothing more than squad players. They have been fantastic servants for the club, and they do still have a role to play in the squad.

But time catches everyone up and you have to freshen things up in football, time to move on.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:48 - Apr 19 with 3506 viewsjas0999

It’s remarkable that the former has been given a new contract. The latter will hopefully go.

Neither are remotely good enough.
Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:49 - Apr 19 with 3494 viewsBackToRussia

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:48 - Apr 19 by jas0999

It’s remarkable that the former has been given a new contract. The latter will hopefully go.

It's a pragmatic decision to keep them around but honestly can we lose anything by tearing up the current squad structure? Maybe we need a new captain. 6/7 years is a long time.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 21:03 - Apr 19 with 3416 viewspointofblue

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:48 - Apr 19 by jas0999

Skuse was more than good enough prior to his injury - Lambert seemed to give him an extra spark. I'm not sure if he's been rushed back but he's been severly off the pace since his return.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 21:48 - Apr 19 with 3314 viewsBluesquid

"That defense is embarrassing, no organisation at all, no leadership by example at all."

Chambers is going to be pivotal for us next season, just you wait.
In League 1 he is going to be colossal, immense, he is going to be incredible in that League.

That we've had absolutely no organisation and leadership in the team for years means absolutely nothing because all of 'skips' organisational and leadership skills are going to kick in at the start of next season, yes siree!

I remember when Lambert started he said that the club needed to make some tough decisions and then later offered Chambers a new contract.

Just about sums up the mess Town are in.
Login to get fewer ads

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 21:59 - Apr 19 with 3253 viewsChocorange

Emmanuel not good enough, no better than the younger ones coming in behind in his position. Not a first team starter.
Kenlock, goes missing far too often,as many have said plays better further forward , can we play him in mid ? Either way not the answer at left back.
Skuse , has only ever offered interceptions , with age catching up this is going too. Never could pass or shoot consistent,y. Need a dominant mid with a bit if know how who will be in he refs ear.

Chambo was very good at Bolton , even today a lot of what went wrong wasn't down to him. I have only seen the goals once but I think I saw both central defenders tracking a left winger who still got his cross in for the goal.
Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:07 - Apr 20 with 2980 viewsHerbivore

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:49 - Apr 19 by BackToRussia

It's a pragmatic decision to keep them around but honestly can we lose anything by tearing up the current squad structure? Maybe we need a new captain. 6/7 years is a long time.

Tearing up the squad worked a dream last summer. No negative impact at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:23 - Apr 20 with 2927 viewsBackToRussia

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:07 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Tearing up the squad worked a dream last summer. No negative impact at all.

Obviously. But at this stage, what are we preserving?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:42 - Apr 20 with 2853 viewsHerbivore

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:23 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

Obviously. But at this stage, what are we preserving?

Our League 1 status as a starting point. We can't just keep turning over 10+ players every summer.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:48 - Apr 20 with 2831 viewsBenters2

They have been flat out all week doing work in the community?

Fk the football.
Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:49 - Apr 20 with 2834 viewstractorboy1978

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:45 - Apr 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

Emmanuel and Kenlock are learning. I can understand that but they should not be first choice full backs next year.

people having been saying the same thing about Skuse and Chambers for a while now. A they will have a good game here and there, and Chambo will throw his body in the way, rally the troops but will be awful for the next 7/8 games.

And Skuse is looking an old old man in there now. He's playing a sweeping role, screening the back four, but he just doesn't have the legs anymore.

Kenlock is 22 and has played 50 games, Emmanuel is 21 and has played 70 games. They both need to step it up quickly and find some consistency.
Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:51 - Apr 20 with 2818 viewsBackToRussia

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:42 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Our League 1 status as a starting point. We can't just keep turning over 10+ players every summer.

I suppose I have lost faith in Chambers and Skuse to turn this around in the changing room.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:54 - Apr 20 with 2801 viewsHerbivore

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:51 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

I suppose I have lost faith in Chambers and Skuse to turn this around in the changing room.

Lambert hasn't. Let's not get too carried away over yesterday, I'm not sure many teams bounce back with a win the game after being relegated. It was also another much changed line up. The summer will be key, there's no point reading anything into the rest of this shambles of a season.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:58 - Apr 20 with 2788 viewsBackToRussia

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:54 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Lambert hasn't. Let's not get too carried away over yesterday, I'm not sure many teams bounce back with a win the game after being relegated. It was also another much changed line up. The summer will be key, there's no point reading anything into the rest of this shambles of a season.

That's sensible and what I've been thinking the last few weeks but it is hard not to waver. We are staring into the void big style as a club, and somehow defeats now still feel damaging to something intangible even though the season is over for us.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 09:05 - Apr 20 with 2761 viewsHerbivore

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:58 - Apr 20 by BackToRussia

That's sensible and what I've been thinking the last few weeks but it is hard not to waver. We are staring into the void big style as a club, and somehow defeats now still feel damaging to something intangible even though the season is over for us.

Defeats still hurt, we'd all like a few wins to lift morale. I've kind of switched off from it though, haven't actually used my season ticket for the last 3 home games now as it was a ball ache to get there last weekend and the prior two I just couldn't be arsed, had better things to do. It's made it a bit more bearable, I've found it tough going to PR without even any hope.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 09:08 - Apr 20 with 2746 viewschicoazul

Will some of you boyos now start to get on board my "we need 10 new players" train now please? The idea that we could face down L1 with the current crew is extremely bad.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 09:33 - Apr 20 with 2693 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 20:45 - Apr 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

The way Skuse got turned at the beginning of the move for the third goal said everything about his current level.

The point about Kenlock and Emmanuel really says it all, and it's a big worry. The club are relying on the 'kids' to get us up and if we are honest, I'm not sure they are good enough. Kenlock is 22, Emmanuel is 21 they have over 130 league appearances between them. I would hope we could have moved on from the, 'they're still learning', phase.

But, we move on to another Evans 'plan', a plan with yet again, no clear plan B. What happens in October when we realise we are too weak in certain areas?

I'm all for giving the kids a chance, but only if they are good enough, the likes of Plug and Bent have been mentioned in connection to this, but they earned their places they weren't gifted a run in the team simply to save money.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 09:37 - Apr 20 with 2678 viewsGlasgowBlue

Chambers and Bart have had awful seasons. Had they both played to the level of previous seasons we would certainly have more points on the board.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 09:39 - Apr 20 with 2672 viewsRadlett_blue

Emmanuel played 31 games for Rotherham when they were promoted from League 1 last season so he should be up to it. Yes, he's a young player & hopefully improving, but he will be inconsistent.
Kenlock seems preferred by Lambert to Emmanuel & to my eye, he's a better footballer. However, both seem more suited to the wing back role & Lambert doesn't seem to want to play that system.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 09:50 - Apr 20 with 2645 viewsDarth_Koont

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:54 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Agreed.

Yesterday was poor in terms of performance and result. But the hangover from last week and the two superb Robinson strikes knocked the stuffing out of us. Let's hope there's a positive reaction on Monday for the sake of the mood, but as you say, this is largely irrelevant now and we need to reset over the Summer.

Pronouns: He/Him

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 09:54 - Apr 20 with 2631 viewsBackToRussia

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 09:37 - Apr 20 by GlasgowBlue

Chambers and Bart have had awful seasons. Had they both played to the level of previous seasons we would certainly have more points on the board.

Really not sure what kind of team can emerge from this. You'd like to think it'd be what we're promised, the likes of Skuse and Chambers going again with a talented set of younger players and a few well judged additions, but right now it feels like we've got further to fall. Preserving with the core of this squad at the moment feels almost as bad a decision as changing it drastically at this stage, which says a lot.

Currently feels like the summer break would need to last about a year for us to work out how to be competitive again, but momentum is a funny thing. Teams can be reborn like your display picture suggests.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 11:30 - Apr 20 with 2533 viewsHarry_Palmer

Watching the highlights has left me speechless. on 08:42 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

That really depends on if the 10 you bring in are better than the 10 you ship out.

Agree its not ideal but it would appear that most of our players are so hopelessly inept that another fairly large turnover may be required.

Recruitment will be absolutely key this summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024