Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am really really concerned 21:52 - Apr 19 with 5816 viewsGeefunk

That Lambo is a total pile of poop.

He has achieved absolutely nothing and seems unable to instill any kind of improvement whatsoever.

We may really struggle next season. Darkest of dark days

Evans you have totally destroyed this club.
I am really really concerned on 22:05 - Apr 19 with 4912 viewstractorgirls

the thing is, at the moment it is frowned upon to talk like that. I am behind lambert but as each game goes by it would be odd not to wonder!

These are the players he has to work with, we will not have a massive influx of signings like we did at the start of this season so it is what it is.

Poll: Good, Bad, Ugly?

I am really really concerned on 22:11 - Apr 19 with 4892 viewsChocorange

I am concerned at tactically we keep doing the same thing over and over.

1 up front hasn't worked all season. Few goals and even when the ball gets up there it isn't held up and comes back to the beleaguered defence quickly .
I did wonder if the improved 2nd half v Brum was down in part to there being 2 strikers on.

Judge is better central and allowed to roam.
Downes Emmanuel Kenlock all look out of their depth and arent offering much apart from errors that lead to goals.
Jackson is always out wide, even as a sole striker he's out wide..

Even Bish and Judge , number of goals ? Number of assists?

Sadly I think we need a lot of change again as this is either down to a poor poor bunch of players or a manager who cannot get them to play effectively.

I am struggling to have much confidence in any of the players taking league 1 by storm , which leaves me clinging to a hope that league 1 is a huge drop in class of player .
I am really really concerned on 22:14 - Apr 19 with 4868 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why does no-one have any patience these days?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I am really really concerned on 22:17 - Apr 19 with 4839 viewspointofblue

I am really really concerned on 22:14 - Apr 19 by BrixtonBlue

Why does no-one have any patience these days?

In terms of patience, how far do we have to fall before we respond?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I am really really concerned on 22:20 - Apr 19 with 4818 viewsBrixtonBlue

I am really really concerned on 22:17 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

In terms of patience, how far do we have to fall before we respond?

I'm talking patience in terms of a manager who's only been in the job a few months.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I am really really concerned on 22:22 - Apr 19 with 4801 viewsStNeotsBlue

I am really really concerned on 22:11 - Apr 19 by Chocorange

I am concerned at tactically we keep doing the same thing over and over.

1 up front hasn't worked all season. Few goals and even when the ball gets up there it isn't held up and comes back to the beleaguered defence quickly .
I did wonder if the improved 2nd half v Brum was down in part to there being 2 strikers on.

Judge is better central and allowed to roam.
Downes Emmanuel Kenlock all look out of their depth and arent offering much apart from errors that lead to goals.
Jackson is always out wide, even as a sole striker he's out wide..

Even Bish and Judge , number of goals ? Number of assists?

Sadly I think we need a lot of change again as this is either down to a poor poor bunch of players or a manager who cannot get them to play effectively.

I am struggling to have much confidence in any of the players taking league 1 by storm , which leaves me clinging to a hope that league 1 is a huge drop in class of player .

Think you are being overly harsh on Kenlock and Downes. I think both will have decent careers.

I agree 1 up front hasn't worked for us but we don't have any strikers with goals in them!
I am really really concerned on 22:31 - Apr 19 with 4732 viewsJuggsy

31 wins out of 109 games as manager since November 2015 speaks for itself really.

Much as I love the passion and togetherness he has instilled, there sure as hell isn't much to back up this optimism is there?

Getting very worried.
I am really really concerned on 22:43 - Apr 19 with 4660 viewspointofblue

I am really really concerned on 22:20 - Apr 19 by BrixtonBlue

I'm talking patience in terms of a manager who's only been in the job a few months.

So was Hurst but barely anyone complained when Evans sacked him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

I am really really concerned on 22:51 - Apr 19 with 4620 viewsStNeotsBlue

I am really really concerned on 22:43 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

So was Hurst but barely anyone complained when Evans sacked him.

Hurst had a great opportunity as the majority were behind him as it was anyone but MMc, he blew it in spectacular fashion.

PL has to be given time, I don't see how anyone could have kept us up with the current squad.
I am really really concerned on 23:01 - Apr 19 with 4547 viewsSeablu

Play fair.
Did you honestly only expect 3 wins from him when he got the gig?
I'll wait patiently until October when we've crashed out of the paint cup to Reading U23's, but he isn't the answer.
Poor man's Jewell and that's damning him with faint praise.
I am really really concerned on 00:44 - Apr 20 with 4249 viewswallyvincent

I am really really concerned on 22:51 - Apr 19 by StNeotsBlue

Hurst had a great opportunity as the majority were behind him as it was anyone but MMc, he blew it in spectacular fashion.

PL has to be given time, I don't see how anyone could have kept us up with the current squad.

Totally agree. Hurst and Evans contrived to put together the most inept and lacking squad in my lifetime. We are powder puff in defence, lack strength and leadership in midfield and lack power and strength up front. And of course can't score for toffee.

I think it will take Lambert 3 windows to turn this round - he's not going to be able to make lots of signings and it's going to take the youngsters a while to get up to the required mark, that's if they are capable.

And all the while teams like Lincoln will be after taking our scalp and not giving us an inch. I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

For me, I just want to see this team get a winning mentality back and then build on that.
The question is whether everyone can hold their nerve and have patience. For me, Lambert is the man to carry this change through but it's not going to be pretty at times.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

I am really really concerned on 01:37 - Apr 20 with 4182 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Got to laugh at the patience bit. It's been sub-standard for what, near 15 years and have never really resembled a team that could make it back. I mean how much freakin' patience do you need.

I don't fault the authors skepticism towards the manager. So what if it causes unrest or people want to berate the issue. Fact of the matter IS Lambert's had 28 games or something in charge and won three of them. Add to that performances are usually restricted to one period of a game and no consistent improvement has ever been forthcoming. So who's to blame..

SO - we'll allow it time... But people are going to get real irritated real fast if it doesn't go the way as expected from August.
I am really really concerned on 07:06 - Apr 20 with 3942 viewsVaughan8

I am behind Lambert but has he really improved us? He's still not won many games despite bringing in some of his own players.

Having said that, you can't sort too much out in January and some.signings have been injured for a lot of it.

The only real positive of going down is that we might be more inclined to blood some of the younger players and we will see how good our academy really is.

This season is a write off. Just have to hope he has a clearly of the cr@p and brings a few additional (decent) players.

Unfortunately too many of our players are not good enough for the championship
I am really really concerned on 07:34 - Apr 20 with 3893 viewsBlueBadger

He's been in the job getting on 6 months which has included a transfer window. Some encouraging performances and a brief period where we MIGHT have tiptoed out of therelegation zone vanished when he started tinkering with the team to accomodate all his January signings. Even accounting for the mess he inherited and, the odd 20 minutes of tippy-tappy here and there and some LOVELY interviews we are really no better than we were under Hurst.

Whilst it'd be harsh to sack him come May, he needs to do more, much, much more between now and Christmas to convince me.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 7:37]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I am really really concerned on 07:40 - Apr 20 with 3852 viewsBlueBadger

I am really really concerned on 22:05 - Apr 19 by tractorgirls

the thing is, at the moment it is frowned upon to talk like that. I am behind lambert but as each game goes by it would be odd not to wonder!

These are the players he has to work with, we will not have a massive influx of signings like we did at the start of this season so it is what it is.

I fear a lot of the optimism over next season is misplaced. A lot of our midfield is pretty lightweight. Our experienced spine are fading with age and we are utterly inconsequential up front. A lot of the more streetwise L1 teams will be not be worried about us next season unless we bring in some some steel, some quality and something resembling a winning mentality.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I am really really concerned on 08:12 - Apr 20 with 3747 viewsTerry_Nutkins

We can go back and forth over this but the reality is hewas working with a duff hand which he couldn't win with. He's done a superb PR job and the football side was doomed whoever took on that job.

PR means nothing next season. He has 3-4 months to show us what he can really do. Nowhere to hide next season. I think he is the right man but he will have to prove it next season or he will be gone by January.

This season is gone. He is planning for next year.its hard and we are not used to it but he has a free pass to run the rule over players at the club now. Pre-season is huge for him and this is effectively and extended pre-season to plan. Results actually dont matter now although its a little dmaging to have results like yesterday.

Back him, we need to go into next season with positivity.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

I am really really concerned on 08:18 - Apr 20 with 3718 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lambert taking over was a bit like being £1,000 into your overdraft when you earn £2,000 a month and your outgoings are £1,900 a month.

He was screwed when he arrived. It was always going to take time to slowly rectify it but there was no way your overdraft would be paid off inside 6 months.

We are doing okay, saving a tiny bit each month, clawing back the difference but we were never going to be in rude health for that mortgage assessment 6 months on and were always going to look in a bad way even if the small shoots of recovery were established.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I am really really concerned on 09:28 - Apr 20 with 3524 viewscolchesterchris

You think everyone should sit quietly and not air their concerns?

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

I am really really concerned on 09:32 - Apr 20 with 3493 viewsHerbivore

I am really really concerned on 22:51 - Apr 19 by StNeotsBlue

Mick would have done....

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I am really really concerned on 09:33 - Apr 20 with 3491 viewsBrixtonBlue

I am really really concerned on 01:37 - Apr 20 by Minneapolis_ITFC

Got to laugh at the patience bit. It's been sub-standard for what, near 15 years and have never really resembled a team that could make it back. I mean how much freakin' patience do you need.

I don't fault the authors skepticism towards the manager. So what if it causes unrest or people want to berate the issue. Fact of the matter IS Lambert's had 28 games or something in charge and won three of them. Add to that performances are usually restricted to one period of a game and no consistent improvement has ever been forthcoming. So who's to blame..

SO - we'll allow it time... But people are going to get real irritated real fast if it doesn't go the way as expected from August.

"Got to laugh at the patience bit. It's been sub-standard for what, near 15 years and have never really resembled a team that could make it back. I mean how much freakin' patience do you need."

The OP is about Lambert, my patience comment is about Lambert. He hasn't been here 15 years.

I am really really concerned on 09:36 - Apr 20 with 3475 viewsBrixtonBlue

I am really really concerned on 07:34 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

He's been in the job getting on 6 months which has included a transfer window. Some encouraging performances and a brief period where we MIGHT have tiptoed out of therelegation zone vanished when he started tinkering with the team to accomodate all his January signings. Even accounting for the mess he inherited and, the odd 20 minutes of tippy-tappy here and there and some LOVELY interviews we are really no better than we were under Hurst.

Whilst it'd be harsh to sack him come May, he needs to do more, much, much more between now and Christmas to convince me.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 7:37]

You say "getting on 6 months which has included a transfer window" like that's enough time to turn this sh!t around.

Unbelievable.

I am really really concerned on 09:38 - Apr 20 with 3463 viewsHerbivore

I am really really concerned on 09:36 - Apr 20 by BrixtonBlue

You say "getting on 6 months which has included a transfer window" like that's enough time to turn this sh!t around.

Unbelievable.

Although he's been miles off turning us around really, hasn't he? He's managed 3 wins, all against fellow strugglers. There's no getting away from the fact he hasn't done very well thus far, I'm sure he'd agree with that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I am really really concerned on 09:38 - Apr 20 with 3463 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I am really really concerned on 01:37 - Apr 20 by Minneapolis_ITFC

"Add to that performances are usually restricted to one period of a game and no consistent improvement has ever been forthcoming. So who's to blame.. "

We were only any good in one half for Hurst too. So thats two different managers under one owner, achieving the exact same results. What's the constant?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I am really really concerned on 09:40 - Apr 20 with 3452 viewsBrixtonBlue

I am really really concerned on 09:28 - Apr 20 by colchesterchris

You think everyone should sit quietly and not air their concerns?

No, I think everyone should get behind the manager and give him a chance, as they have been at Portman Road. Let's be honest, this thread is largely due to one heavy defeat and impatient modern football fans throwing their toys out.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

I am really really concerned on 09:45 - Apr 20 with 3432 viewsBrixtonBlue

I am really really concerned on 09:38 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Although he's been miles off turning us around really, hasn't he? He's managed 3 wins, all against fellow strugglers. There's no getting away from the fact he hasn't done very well thus far, I'm sure he'd agree with that.

I'm not saying he's turned us around or been close to it - and I didn't expect it this quickly either. He's been left an absolute mess... no goalscorers... shedloads of injuries... and is trying to change the playing style. None of these things are going to improve much in this amount of time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024