Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Lambert actually going to....... 08:26 - Apr 20 with 5317 viewsbobbyramsey

....play Chambers next season? If not then what a waste of money just to have "experience in the building" I've got a horrible feeling that Lambert sees him as part of our spine.......

God forbid.....
Is Lambert actually going to....... on 08:48 - Apr 20 with 4617 viewsHerbivore

Having watched the highlights now he is the least culpable of our back 4 for the goals and his covering potentially prevented another one or two. I'm not sure why he's being singled out amongst the dross. Emmanuelle looked like a pub player.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 08:57 - Apr 20 with 4588 viewsMullet

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 08:48 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Having watched the highlights now he is the least culpable of our back 4 for the goals and his covering potentially prevented another one or two. I'm not sure why he's being singled out amongst the dross. Emmanuelle looked like a pub player.

I think the answer is obvious.

However, it's no coincidence that when Chambers and Skuse have bad games we get hammered. They looked like they'd hit a wall yesterday, Chambers didn't know what to do or where to look at the end, it was a sad sight.

Skuse was rushed back and it has cost us and him. He was supposed to be out for weeks and almost immediately we were getting softened up with "healing better than expected" and him being rushed back in the side.

He shouldn't be expected to play every game next season, but now I fear this injury will speed up his decline even more.

Tactically we were utter turd. Lambert got it totally wrong against a manager undone by Mustapha Carayol running a bit last season. That's the biggest worry.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 08:58 - Apr 20 with 4581 viewsPJH

I agree that from the highlights it looks like that but over the 90 minutes Chambers did not have one of his better games, in my opinion.
I thought Nsiala was probably the least poor of the back four although his game was what it always seems to be, some good stuff and some horrendous stuff.
Emmanuel looked nervy and Kenlock was frequently exposed because Judge is (rightly in some respects) allowed to go walkabouts.
Kenlock could well have been sent off late on for an off the ball retaliation to a bad tackle, ref booked him but not sure quite why because if the ref had actually seen him smack their bloke around the head it should have been red.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 9:10]
Is Lambert actually going to....... on 09:02 - Apr 20 with 4553 viewsHerbivore

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 08:57 - Apr 20 by Mullet

I think the answer is obvious.

However, it's no coincidence that when Chambers and Skuse have bad games we get hammered. They looked like they'd hit a wall yesterday, Chambers didn't know what to do or where to look at the end, it was a sad sight.

Skuse was rushed back and it has cost us and him. He was supposed to be out for weeks and almost immediately we were getting softened up with "healing better than expected" and him being rushed back in the side.

He shouldn't be expected to play every game next season, but now I fear this injury will speed up his decline even more.

Tactically we were utter turd. Lambert got it totally wrong against a manager undone by Mustapha Carayol running a bit last season. That's the biggest worry.

This season has taken its toll on Chambers physically and mentally, he really needs the summer to recharge. That said, based solely on the highlights admittedly, he looked less abject and at fault than his three colleagues at the back.

Skuse has been broken. He was playing brilliantly before the injury but has been a shadow ever since. Definitely rushed back and he's another in desperate need of a break.

I do worry about Lambert. He's persisting with a formation that hasn't worked, keeps making several changes, and lacks any real game plan a lot of the time. Yesterday is less of an issue, the season is over, but we were tactically abysmal in a number of must win games back when staying up was still possible had we actually won some of those games.

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 09:31 - Apr 20 with 4465 viewsbobbyramsey

It just worries me that PL sees him as the future "spine" when it's blatantly obvious to all ans sundry that he is very much part of the past.
Is Lambert actually going to....... on 09:31 - Apr 20 with 4460 viewsHerbivore

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 09:31 - Apr 20 by bobbyramsey

It just worries me that PL sees him as the future "spine" when it's blatantly obvious to all ans sundry that he is very much part of the past.

Disagree.

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 09:34 - Apr 20 with 4449 viewsbobbyramsey

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 09:31 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

Disagree.

Allowed.....
Is Lambert actually going to....... on 10:43 - Apr 20 with 4404 viewshowdonblue

Sounded like Emmanuel wasn’t great .
I don’t think he will be first choice if he stays .

Also think Nsiala is an accident waiting to happen

I’m totally unconvinced

A poor mans titus bramble
Login to get fewer ads

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 11:21 - Apr 20 with 4326 viewsBluesquid

The 4th goal, i really don't understand how that cross can even come in.

Chambers gives the Preston number 7 too much space and is so slow, beaten so easily and is unable to block/stop the cross.

lol, then HE throws his arms up in the air as per usual when the ball goes in.

Dear oh dear.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 11:23]
Is Lambert actually going to....... on 11:42 - Apr 20 with 4297 viewsJohnny_Boy

You've always had a problem with young Josh.
I don't think you've ever said one positive about the player.
Is Lambert actually going to....... on 11:49 - Apr 20 with 4287 viewsPinewoodblue

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 11:21 - Apr 20 by Bluesquid

Chambers gives the Preston number 7 too much space and is so slow, beaten so easily and is unable to block/stop the cross.

Dear oh dear.

Throwing your arms up in the air like that is an attempt to deflect responsibility.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 11:52 - Apr 20 with 4279 viewsHerbivore

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 11:42 - Apr 20 by Johnny_Boy

You've always had a problem with young Josh.
I don't think you've ever said one positive about the player.

The only problem I have with him is that he's not good enough. I'm sure he's probably a nice lad.

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 12:59 - Apr 20 with 4188 viewsJohnny_Boy

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 11:52 - Apr 20 by Herbivore

The only problem I have with him is that he's not good enough. I'm sure he's probably a nice lad.

Are you sure it's not because one of our previous managers reckoned he wasn't good enough & you are just continuing to tediously tow the party line?
Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:18 - Apr 20 with 4065 viewscbower

Chambers was bullied a little at times but you are spot on Herbs. Toto is erratic and his lack of positional awareness, tendency to wander and lunge is ill disciplined. The less sais about Emmanuelle yesterday the better. Perversely, he looked physically weak! Kenlock has nobody infront of him doing any defensive work. Bart is not commanding his six yard box and Skuse along with Downes offered no defensive cover (or attacki g threat for that matter!) All of the above yet Chambers is the one getting the flak. He is trying to cover the shoite perfotmances all around him with no chance to focus on his own game.

bluescouser

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:23 - Apr 20 with 4057 viewscbower

Dear oh dear.

Watch again. The Preston player goes virtually unchallenged fro inside his own half. The defenders have players moving off them either side with a player driving at them. It may not show it on tv but several midfielders were just jogging. I have used the phrase before. They were shadowboxing at best. At least Chambo was still bleeding trying.

bluescouser

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:35 - Apr 20 with 4028 viewsitfcpaul

Dear oh dear.

We're you at the game?

where was the right back and the defensive help from midfield prior to chambers having to yet again defend on his own as he was left abandoned yet he takes the stick for it

nothing to do with the defensive frailties of our other defenders or even Downes or Bishop who to be honest are woeful defensively
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 14:37]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:36 - Apr 20 with 4020 viewsitfcpaul

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 11:49 - Apr 20 by Pinewoodblue

Throwing your arms up in the air like that is an attempt to deflect responsibility.

dear or dear

were you there?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:49 - Apr 20 with 3989 viewsBluesquid

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:23 - Apr 20 by cbower

Watch again. The Preston player goes virtually unchallenged fro inside his own half. The defenders have players moving off them either side with a player driving at them. It may not show it on tv but several midfielders were just jogging. I have used the phrase before. They were shadowboxing at best. At least Chambo was still bleeding trying.

You are absolutely right about the midfielders, im just stating that 'Skip' the great team organiser should have done much, much better.

The other players put Chambers in that position, but at that point the goal was not imminent and some half decent defending would have prevented that cross.

But one paced 'Skip' gave too much space and could not produce the half decent defending that was required to stop the cross.
Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:51 - Apr 20 with 3980 viewsitfcpaul

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:49 - Apr 20 by Bluesquid

You are absolutely right about the midfielders, im just stating that 'Skip' the great team organiser should have done much, much better.

The other players put Chambers in that position, but at that point the goal was not imminent and some half decent defending would have prevented that cross.

But one paced 'Skip' gave too much space and could not produce the half decent defending that was required to stop the cross.

but there for its all his fault...

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:54 - Apr 20 with 3966 viewsBluesquid

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 14:51 - Apr 20 by itfcpaul

but there for its all his fault...

This doesn't include the latest games with some absolute horrific defending.

Now, who is organizing this sh*t show?

Is it 'Skip'?

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 15:13 - Apr 20 with 3933 viewsHerbivore

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 12:59 - Apr 20 by Johnny_Boy

Are you sure it's not because one of our previous managers reckoned he wasn't good enough & you are just continuing to tediously tow the party line?

Still obsessing over Mick. Get a grip.

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 15:21 - Apr 20 with 3906 viewsgrimboy

I’ll tell you what Bart is a liability nowadays he had to shoulder a lot of the blame aswell.
Is Lambert actually going to....... on 16:01 - Apr 20 with 3846 viewsBlueBadger

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 12:59 - Apr 20 by Johnny_Boy

Three managers have now seen fit to not play him regularly...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 16:03 - Apr 20 with 3846 viewsMrTown

Emmanuel and Kenlock are cover players. Chambers and Skuse on no more than squad players now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 16:05 - Apr 20 with 3844 viewsHerbivore

Is Lambert actually going to....... on 16:03 - Apr 20 by MrTown

Emmanuel and Kenlock are cover players. Chambers and Skuse on no more than squad players now.

I expect three of them to be playing regularly next season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024