Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An absolute shower of sht at the back 06:58 - Apr 21 with 4634 viewstextbackup

Am I out of turn saying we need a strong older experienced head at the back to organise them better.... whether that’s a proper keeper, or central defender?
Realise this is replacing two fan favourites, but I’ve been so unimpressed with chambers and Bart this year.
(Realise LC brings a lot to club before anyone starts)
(And the shower of sht at the back had been something ongoing for 3 years, poor goals consistently conceded)
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 8:20]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

An absolute show of sht at the back on 07:29 - Apr 21 with 4574 viewsITFC_Forever

Someone like Christophe Berra.....

Distribution wasn’t his forte, but being physical, winning headers, making blocks and defending set pieces were. Another one we’ve not properly replaced - and we’ll need someone who can do all that next season in that division more than ever.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

An absolute show of sht at the back on 08:01 - Apr 21 with 4513 viewstextbackup

An absolute show of sht at the back on 07:29 - Apr 21 by ITFC_Forever

Distribution wasn’t his forte, but being physical, winning headers, making blocks and defending set pieces were. Another one we’ve not properly replaced - and we’ll need someone who can do all that next season in that division more than ever.

Yep.

But for me keeper needs a freshen up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

An absolute show of sht at the back on 08:45 - Apr 21 with 4425 viewschristiand

Then you have young Woolfenden who is a footballing defender and that provides that balance. I'm excited about his introduction to our first team, but he needs the experienced hand next to him. It's going to be Chambers. Who do you suggest then ITFC Forever?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 9:06]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

An absolute show of sht at the back on 10:01 - Apr 21 with 4280 viewsJ2BLUE

An absolute show of sht at the back on 08:01 - Apr 21 by textbackup

Yep.

Agree, I wouldn't be sad to see a complete refresh at the keeper position.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

An absolute show of sht at the back on 10:20 - Apr 21 with 4239 viewspointofblue

An absolute show of sht at the back on 08:01 - Apr 21 by textbackup

Yep.

Bart’s value would have decreased hugely since last summer so we may be stuck with him - our best hope is a proper rest followed by a decent pre-season will see him return to the Bart of old. If so, and we keep him, we’ll have the best goalkeeper in the division in our ranks.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

An absolute show of sht at the back on 10:23 - Apr 21 with 4228 viewsHerbivore

An absolute show of sht at the back on 10:20 - Apr 21 by pointofblue

Bart’s value would have decreased hugely since last summer so we may be stuck with him - our best hope is a proper rest followed by a decent pre-season will see him return to the Bart of old. If so, and we keep him, we’ll have the best goalkeeper in the division in our ranks.

Although even at his best he's never been a good organiser.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

An absolute show of sht at the back on 10:24 - Apr 21 with 4229 viewsNo9

Better at all-in-wrestling than football.
An absolute shower of sht at the back on 13:30 - Apr 21 with 4088 viewsreusersfreekicks

Lambert's failure to get in a decent centre half who could play week in week out was a significant factor in our inability to move off the bottom of the league
Login to get fewer ads

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 13:34 - Apr 21 with 4076 viewsStNeotsBlue

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 13:30 - Apr 21 by reusersfreekicks

Lambert's failure to get in a decent centre half who could play week in week out was a significant factor in our inability to move off the bottom of the league

The lack of goals in the team has been our downfall. Other than the Preston game we haven't been spanked by anyone.
An absolute shower of sht at the back on 13:39 - Apr 21 with 4059 viewsLovelyGeorge

The performances of Chambers and Bart are massive factors in our relegation.
Both have been poor throughout and are as much to blame as anyone.
Its plausible that Bart could return to his previous good form, the same cant be said for Chambers.

Mickey Mouse has grown up a cow

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 13:53 - Apr 21 with 4022 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 13:34 - Apr 21 by StNeotsBlue

The lack of goals in the team has been our downfall. Other than the Preston game we haven't been spanked by anyone.

Both ends have been - we hadn’t been spanked but we hadn’t kept many clean sheets either. When you’re conceding 1 or 2 goals a game consistently you’re always going to be up against it to win games

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 14:04 - Apr 21 with 3996 viewsballycastle

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 13:34 - Apr 21 by StNeotsBlue

Town have squandered 14 winning positions, defending is the problem for sure.
An absolute shower of sht at the back on 14:20 - Apr 21 with 3957 viewsStNeotsBlue

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 14:04 - Apr 21 by ballycastle

Town have squandered 14 winning positions, defending is the problem for sure.

I'm not claiming we're great at the back but if you can't score you've no chance. Lambert's greatest challenge in the summer is signing a striker with guaranteed goals in him.
An absolute shower of sht at the back on 14:45 - Apr 21 with 3905 viewsmonty_radio

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 13:53 - Apr 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Both ends have been - we hadn’t been spanked but we hadn’t kept many clean sheets either. When you’re conceding 1 or 2 goals a game consistently you’re always going to be up against it to win games

And when those goals have gone in in the first twenty five minutes or so, it's often had a morbid, comedic value. You witness the misplaced pass, then comes the frantic turn and the stumble, the keeper wrong-footed by it all - and, as it's rolled in back across into the corner on the side where the mess all started, the numbing realisation that there are some visiting fans among us and that your 2-1 home win prediction looks once more to have been wildly optimistic.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 14:50]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 14:53 - Apr 21 with 3879 viewsWD19

Luke Chambers would still get in the current Man Utd team....
An absolute shower of sht at the back on 15:17 - Apr 21 with 3841 viewsSE1blue

I'd like to sit Bree down with the video of the third goal at PNE.

Having jumped in and missed his tackle he decides the best thing to do is jog back at half speed and then actually decides he can't be bothered to even do that anymore. He could have caught their left winger if he had broken into a sprint at any point.

Then he has the audacity to flail his arms around blaming others when they score.

Lambert has a massive task ahead of him.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 15:57 - Apr 21 with 3775 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am with you on this. Collins made a massive difference. I think Chambers is not good at getting others to be positionally aware.

If either Walters had stayed fit for most of the season or Collins had from the time he joined us, I reckon we would have at least competed to stay up.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 16:44 - Apr 21 with 3706 viewspointofblue

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 14:20 - Apr 21 by StNeotsBlue

I'm not claiming we're great at the back but if you can't score you've no chance. Lambert's greatest challenge in the summer is signing a striker with guaranteed goals in him.

But we have managed to put ourselves in a winning position 14 times and squandered each of them. Even if we’d held on to the win in half of them that’s at least an additional 14 points on top of our current total which would take us within a point of Millwall in 21st - possibly above them if we count the New Years Day match as one where we didn’t throw away an advantage. Yes, we do have problems upfront but our defence hasn’t been able to support them at all this season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 17:20 - Apr 21 with 3658 viewspositivity

i thought collins could be the answer, his organisation v rotherham was outstanding, but he's clearly finished physically.

berra was good, but a liability in his last year (reminiscent of chambers now)

i hope bart can get back to the stellar form of the last 3 seasons, no reason why he can't, but goalkeepers are a funny bunch confidenc-wise...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

An absolute shower of sht at the back on 17:57 - Apr 21 with 3627 viewsMrTown

We need a keeper, right back, centre back, left back.

Other than that we're pretty good at the back.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

An absolute show of sht at the back on 18:35 - Apr 21 with 3582 viewsClapham_Junction

Carter-Vickers made a big difference for this reason last season. Massive shame that we didn't manage to get him back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024