Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Shopping 10:40 - Apr 21 with 4691 viewsOsborneOneNil

Heading up tonight with Mrs Ozzy and our 2 junior blues for tomorrow's game. Staying at the Premier Inn Quayside. I'm after some advice please for the monday morning as we would like to hit some shopping centre/designer outlet type place, and grab some lunch somewhere decent. Despite being a Town fan since 1981 I've only ever visited PR and the train station!

I am aware of the outlet at Braintree, but is there 'ok' shopping in Ipswich? Just debating whether to keep our hotel booking, or swap to a hotel in Braintree to spend the morning there?

Cheers folks!
Ipswich Shopping on 10:42 - Apr 21 with 4674 viewsITFCed

Forget shopping, just go to isaacs all day

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Ipswich Shopping on 10:58 - Apr 21 with 4639 viewsOsborneOneNil

Ipswich Shopping on 10:42 - Apr 21 by ITFCed

Sound advice.
Ipswich Shopping on 12:06 - Apr 21 with 4577 viewsLord_Lucan

Shopping is a bit dismal. We have Tessuti but that’s about it. Plenty of decent eateries though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ipswich Shopping on 12:09 - Apr 21 with 4569 viewsOsborneOneNil

Ipswich Shopping on 12:06 - Apr 21 by Lord_Lucan

Shopping is a bit dismal. We have Tessuti but that’s about it. Plenty of decent eateries though.

Ah ok, cheers LL. Maybe better doing Braintree for a bit then lunch in Ipswich pre-match then?
Isaacs on 12:35 - Apr 21 with 4531 viewsPendejo

Ipswich Shopping on 10:42 - Apr 21 by ITFCed

Does Isaacs do Kronenbourg?

How much is a pint?

Ipswich appears to be more expensive than some of the pubs around where I live [in London], even my local 'spoons is cheaper than The Cricketers. My father stayed with us recently and he did some, err, research, he even found a pub that put nibbles on the bar and had beer at £2 a pint
https://lewishamtavern-lewisham.craftunionpubs.com/

Will be staying at Travelodge on Duke Street Monday night and was thinking of trying Isaacs. Or is Isaacs a trendy young person's place?
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 12:37]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Isaacs on 12:48 - Apr 21 with 4501 viewsnoggin

Isaacs on 12:35 - Apr 21 by Pendejo

How much is a pint?

Ipswich appears to be more expensive than some of the pubs around where I live [in London], even my local 'spoons is cheaper than The Cricketers. My father stayed with us recently and he did some, err, research, he even found a pub that put nibbles on the bar and had beer at £2 a pint

Will be staying at Travelodge on Duke Street Monday night and was thinking of trying Isaacs. Or is Isaacs a trendy young person's place?

You live in London? You should have mentioned it 🙄

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Ipswich Shopping on 12:51 - Apr 21 with 4488 viewsrgp1

Ipswich Shopping on 12:09 - Apr 21 by OsborneOneNil

Ah ok, cheers LL. Maybe better doing Braintree for a bit then lunch in Ipswich pre-match then?

When we played at Braintree last July the town team were having lunch in Ipswich!
Isaacs on 12:53 - Apr 21 with 4478 viewsclive_baker

Isaacs on 12:35 - Apr 21 by Pendejo

How much is a pint?

You should definitely try Isaacs, especially as it’s set to be decent weather. By any standards I think it’s a very good bar, plenty big enough and a nice part of town to be in with the sun shining down by the waterfront.

As for shopping, I can’t think of much worse than that Braintree place on a bank holiday but each to their own. As mentioned Ipswich is pretty average for shopping IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Isaacs on 12:55 - Apr 21 with 4470 viewsPendejo

Isaacs on 12:48 - Apr 21 by noggin

You live in London? You should have mentioned it 🙄

I may have let it slip once or twice over the years...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Isaacs on 12:59 - Apr 21 with 4452 viewsLord_Lucan

Isaacs on 12:53 - Apr 21 by clive_baker

You should definitely try Isaacs, especially as it’s set to be decent weather. By any standards I think it’s a very good bar, plenty big enough and a nice part of town to be in with the sun shining down by the waterfront.

As for shopping, I can’t think of much worse than that Braintree place on a bank holiday but each to their own. As mentioned Ipswich is pretty average for shopping IMO.

I loathe Isaacs - although I accept that some people might find it very nice.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Isaacs on 13:06 - Apr 21 with 4435 viewsOsborneOneNil

Isaacs on 12:59 - Apr 21 by Lord_Lucan

I loathe Isaacs - although I accept that some people might find it very nice.

Where should I have a pint then Lucan? Nice hot day an all that.
Isaacs on 13:07 - Apr 21 with 4430 viewsOsborneOneNil

Isaacs on 12:53 - Apr 21 by clive_baker

Yes, I have discussed with the wife and shopping is off.

Food and beer it is then!
Isaacs on 13:31 - Apr 21 with 4393 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Isaacs on 13:06 - Apr 21 by OsborneOneNil

Where should I have a pint then Lucan? Nice hot day an all that.

Arcade Tavern

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ipswich Shopping on 13:40 - Apr 21 with 4373 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Freeport in Braintree (just renamed Braintree village) isn't open until 10:00; some stores won't open until 11:00 though. I'd advise against going on a match day, especially on a bank holiday. I wouldn't want to leave Braintree much after 13:00 to be assured of parking in Ipswich or getting time for a pint before the match.
Isaacs on 13:43 - Apr 21 with 4374 viewsLord_Lucan

Isaacs on 13:31 - Apr 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Arcade Tavern

Arcade will probably be shut - although that isn't definite info.

Although I can't stand the place I would suggest Isaacs.

Ipswich Shopping on 13:56 - Apr 21 with 4342 viewsOsborneOneNil

Ipswich Shopping on 13:40 - Apr 21 by RedWhiteAndBLUE

Freeport in Braintree (just renamed Braintree village) isn't open until 10:00; some stores won't open until 11:00 though. I'd advise against going on a match day, especially on a bank holiday. I wouldn't want to leave Braintree much after 13:00 to be assured of parking in Ipswich or getting time for a pint before the match.

Yeah did check times and the 10am thing made us shelve that one.
Ipswich Shopping on 17:35 - Apr 21 with 4187 viewsITFCed

Ipswich Shopping on 10:58 - Apr 21 by OsborneOneNil

Sound advice.

No worries

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Ipswich Shopping on 18:40 - Apr 21 with 4151 viewsBLUEBEAT

Depends what kind of shopping you want but I quite like the streets off the main High St in Colchester...

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024