Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? 19:54 - Apr 21 with 4852 viewsAlexGreen

He's been virtually ever present; has anyone seen him play on more than one or two occasions?

In my head he's going to become Webster 2.0, a ball playing centre back who'll be worth millions in a few years, but I know that's just wishful thinking.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 20:05 - Apr 21 with 4812 viewsblueislander

I haven’t seen him play this season, but the last time I saw him was at Reading at the end of last season, and he was very impressive.Hopefully he will be an automatic choice next season.
Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 20:13 - Apr 21 with 4765 viewsSuperblue95

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 20:05 - Apr 21 by blueislander

I haven’t seen him play this season, but the last time I saw him was at Reading at the end of last season, and he was very impressive.Hopefully he will be an automatic choice next season.

I should hope players are picked on merit rather than being automatic choices

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 20:15 - Apr 21 with 4754 viewstextbackup

We fcked up badly letting Clarke go, really hope the Wolf gets a go here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 20:21 - Apr 21 with 4722 viewsblueislander

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 20:13 - Apr 21 by Superblue95

I should hope players are picked on merit rather than being automatic choices

So would I , and not just because they are experienced.
Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 20:38 - Apr 21 with 4646 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I watched him vs Colchester.. he scored.

Looked solid enough, can do right back and centre half. Not there yet, but will be a good player for us.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 22:05 - Apr 21 with 4430 viewsJimmyJazz

My brother went to see Swindon this year - sat in with the Swindon fans and said nothing of being an Ipswich fan. Guy next to him was complaining all afternoon about Wolfenden, saying how he expected a lot more from a loan player from the Championship.

A Swindon numbskull, or an opinion based on watching him quite a bit this season?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 22:20 - Apr 21 with 4367 viewsBLUEBEAT

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 22:05 - Apr 21 by JimmyJazz

My brother went to see Swindon this year - sat in with the Swindon fans and said nothing of being an Ipswich fan. Guy next to him was complaining all afternoon about Wolfenden, saying how he expected a lot more from a loan player from the Championship.

A Swindon numbskull, or an opinion based on watching him quite a bit this season?

A youth player from The Championship with extremely minimal first team experience? Alright!!!

Poll: W or W

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 11:43 - Apr 22 with 3906 viewspelles321

Someone who watches Swindon regularly has said he’s improved as the season has gone on. At the start of the season he was playing mainly right back or centre half with another inexperienced defender. Since Brown left he’s been playing mainly in the centre with more experience and been a lot better.

Still has mistakes in him, as almost cost them a goal on Friday by overplaying and taking a needless risk. They thought championship would be a stretch next season, but definitely good enough for league one.

Chambers, toto, Woolf and maybe Collins (if we feel he’ll be fit enough) seem a good mix of centre half’s next year. One experienced, one younger as combinations.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 13:13 - Apr 22 with 3773 viewsxrayspecs

I saw him play at Macclesfield. He was ok, he looked quite raw and prone to poor positioning and decision making. He is though a young kid who by all accounts is improving. A season of first team football will do him good, not sure how he will handle stepping up a decision though. Suspect he will be behind Chambers, Nsiala and possibly even Donacien.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 13:16]
Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 09:46 - Apr 25 with 3506 viewsDecageBruce

I have seen him 6-7 times this season. IMHO

- Still young and raw
- Given time he is great at playing the ball out from the back. Usually makes the right decision. If we had a CM who could play on the turn then is a real asset for transitioning the ball forward
- Not the quickest and sometimes can get caught out of position. Hopefully this is down to youth/inexperience
- A little lightweight against a 'bullying' number 9

To use Football Manager talk, with a 'Stopper' to play alongside to do the dirty/tough tackling (Chambers/Collins) and if he was trusted and allowed to make a few few mistakes I think he could be key in the future to a brand of football where we play from the back. Having watched Swindon on and off for last 5 years, only better defender I have seen there for potential was Aiden Flint and I'm still convinced he will end up in the Prem at some point

My fear is that he does play well and he follows the Webster path out of the door though.
Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 12:31 - Apr 25 with 3337 viewsbontcho

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 09:46 - Apr 25 by DecageBruce

I have seen him 6-7 times this season. IMHO

- Still young and raw
- Given time he is great at playing the ball out from the back. Usually makes the right decision. If we had a CM who could play on the turn then is a real asset for transitioning the ball forward
- Not the quickest and sometimes can get caught out of position. Hopefully this is down to youth/inexperience
- A little lightweight against a 'bullying' number 9

To use Football Manager talk, with a 'Stopper' to play alongside to do the dirty/tough tackling (Chambers/Collins) and if he was trusted and allowed to make a few few mistakes I think he could be key in the future to a brand of football where we play from the back. Having watched Swindon on and off for last 5 years, only better defender I have seen there for potential was Aiden Flint and I'm still convinced he will end up in the Prem at some point

My fear is that he does play well and he follows the Webster path out of the door though.

I'd happily see him be the normal first choice next year and let him develop. Give him a bit of slack too.

And if that means he gets too good for us that's great, as long as he's on a long contract so we get suitable fee - that's how our club should work. We sold both Clarke and Webster too cheaply, let's not do that again.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 12:31 - Apr 25 with 3331 viewsActionMan

He's an Ipswich player doing well on loan. He's definitely going to be sold!
Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 13:50 - Apr 25 with 3180 viewsRadlett_blue

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 22:20 - Apr 21 by BLUEBEAT

A youth player from The Championship with extremely minimal first team experience? Alright!!!

Well, enough of our fans continually complained about the performances of the 18 years old Ainsley Maitland-Niles when we had him on loan.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 14:28 - Apr 25 with 3096 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 20:15 - Apr 21 by textbackup

We fcked up badly letting Clarke go, really hope the Wolf gets a go here

From what I saw of them coming through, Clarke was a different level to Woolfie.

But I haven't seen Woolfie play any football this season, so am looking forward to seeing his progression in pre season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 15:56 - Apr 25 with 2973 viewsEireannach_gorm

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 12:31 - Apr 25 by bontcho

I'd happily see him be the normal first choice next year and let him develop. Give him a bit of slack too.

And if that means he gets too good for us that's great, as long as he's on a long contract so we get suitable fee - that's how our club should work. We sold both Clarke and Webster too cheaply, let's not do that again.

Did we even sell Clarke? I thought he was thrown for free as a sweetener in the Webster deal. We pulled out all the stops to get Webster and then, as you say, let him go cheaply. We need to cultivate two young centre-halfs to learn from and then replace our current ageing ones.
Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 18:02 - Apr 25 with 2887 viewsbontcho

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 14:28 - Apr 25 by itfcjoe

From what I saw of them coming through, Clarke was a different level to Woolfie.

But I haven't seen Woolfie play any football this season, so am looking forward to seeing his progression in pre season

Was Clarke a controversial sale at the time? My memory was he was effectively sold as Webster is a couple of years older so nearer the first team. More short term thinking.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 18:46 - Apr 25 with 2838 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 18:02 - Apr 25 by bontcho

Was Clarke a controversial sale at the time? My memory was he was effectively sold as Webster is a couple of years older so nearer the first team. More short term thinking.

I think Webster was seen as a better prospect, and the only way we could steal a march and sign him from Pompey ahead of competitors was to let them keep Clarke after his loan spell.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 19:05 - Apr 25 with 2812 viewshampstead_blue

A chap I play cricket with is a Swindon ST holder.
They love LW.

The opinion is that he will be a very, very good CB at L1 level. Getting better if coached and supported well.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anyone seen much of Woolfenden this season? on 21:23 - Apr 25 with 2706 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I thought the game he played against Blackburn he looked superb and every bit a Championship defender. I understand he is inexperienced and a loan was a sensible move but I struggle to believe he would have been worse than most of our defenders this season.

He really should be a first choice centre back for us next season unless we sign at least 2 very good players or players like Cotter suddenly progress. I am looking forward to seeing more of him next season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024