Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 up top and play like we want to win today 10:00 - Apr 22 with 3485 viewsBluefish

Or Lambert is a fraud

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 10:05 - Apr 22 with 3057 viewsHerbivore

I really wouldn't consider making such dramatic and definitive statements about a nothing game when we're already relegated.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 10:09 - Apr 22 with 3040 viewsBluefish

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 10:05 - Apr 22 by Herbivore

I really wouldn't consider making such dramatic and definitive statements about a nothing game when we're already relegated.

Hardly based on just this game is it. Everyone is desperately trying to ignore what he has presented to us on the pitch so far since he was appointed.

If he cant play to win today then we never ever will. The next 2 games are vs 2nd and 3rd and them next season it is back to playing for points again. Today's dead rubber is the perfect scenario for him.

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 10:16 - Apr 22 with 3016 viewsHerbivore

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 10:09 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

Hardly based on just this game is it. Everyone is desperately trying to ignore what he has presented to us on the pitch so far since he was appointed.

If he cant play to win today then we never ever will. The next 2 games are vs 2nd and 3rd and them next season it is back to playing for points again. Today's dead rubber is the perfect scenario for him.

It's a dead rubber, what happens today means absolutely nothing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 10:20 - Apr 22 with 2996 viewsBlueBadger

I'm sure that we'll see the traditional 20 minutes midfield tippy-tappy before losing 2-0 that shows us he's totally For Real.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 10:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 11:03 - Apr 22 with 2903 viewsjudespiveyg

Playing 1 striker wasn't a problem for you before (including Sears as a lone striker) so I fail to see why it bothers you now.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 11:49 - Apr 22 with 2829 viewsMattinLondon

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 11:03 - Apr 22 by judespiveyg

Playing 1 striker wasn't a problem for you before (including Sears as a lone striker) so I fail to see why it bothers you now.

If the OP wants to wind people then I’d much prefer it if he was either abusive, funny, or ideally both. Instead he’s just a tad dull.
2 up top and play like we want to win today on 12:47 - Apr 22 with 2744 viewsBluefish

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 11:03 - Apr 22 by judespiveyg

All of that is great except you have completely made it up

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 12:48 - Apr 22 with 2734 viewsBluefish

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 11:49 - Apr 22 by MattinLondon

If the OP wants to wind people then I’d much prefer it if he was either abusive, funny, or ideally both. Instead he’s just a tad dull.

Why is it winding you up flower?

Login to get fewer ads

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 12:52 - Apr 22 with 2716 viewsjudespiveyg

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 12:47 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

All of that is great except you have completely made it up

100% certain that you wouldn't have complained when Sears was up front on his own against Hull last season, seems a touch hypocritical to me.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 13:00 - Apr 22 with 2693 viewsJETPower

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 12:48 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

PL might be mistaken in not playing 2 up front, he might be daft not to do so, but that doesn't make him a 'fraud'. We don't need weird extremist terms to be used all the time. 'Tactically inept' would suffice, be a valid opinion (albeit not one I wholly agree with). But 'fraud' is just OTT, a bit personal, and a bit silly.

By all accounts he's a decent enough guy trying his best, and that doesn't deserve contempt. Whether he's ultimately good enough is another matter. I hope he is.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 13:02]
2 up top and play like we want to win today on 13:08 - Apr 22 with 2653 viewsBluefish

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 12:52 - Apr 22 by judespiveyg

100% certain that you wouldn't have complained when Sears was up front on his own against Hull last season, seems a touch hypocritical to me.

I repeatedly pointed out that Sears couldn't play in 1 up top. Regardless of what you want to believe whenever mick had those things wrong I said so, the bit that confuses you is that I defend him from the incorrect and made up stuff as well

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 13:13 - Apr 22 with 2631 viewsMattinLondon

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 12:48 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

Not at all. Just surprised you haven’t got bored from having a continuous pop at PL. Its not his fault Mick isn’t still here.
2 up top and play like we want to win today on 13:47 - Apr 22 with 2566 viewstextbackup

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 13:13 - Apr 22 by MattinLondon

Not at all. Just surprised you haven’t got bored from having a continuous pop at PL. Its not his fault Mick isn’t still here.

weird how at one point he believed he was above everyone as a super fan backing the manager come what may..... and now he's one of the first to turn on the new one.
strange old turn of events

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:00 - Apr 22 with 2532 viewsBluefish

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 13:47 - Apr 22 by textbackup

weird how at one point he believed he was above everyone as a super fan backing the manager come what may..... and now he's one of the first to turn on the new one.
strange old turn of events

Weirder how all the things that you wet your knickers about by the manager that you now don't question at all

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:05 - Apr 22 with 2506 viewsBluefish

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 13:13 - Apr 22 by MattinLondon

I've made less posts about how hopeless he is since he has been here than most did about mick every hour.

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:07 - Apr 22 with 2498 viewstextbackup

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:00 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

Weirder how all the things that you wet your knickers about by the manager that you now don't question at all

probably because my issues were born out of years, seasons, of frustrations. not a few months of the manager having a squad he didn't put together.

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:16 - Apr 22 with 2462 viewsBluefish

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:07 - Apr 22 by textbackup

probably because my issues were born out of years, seasons, of frustrations. not a few months of the manager having a squad he didn't put together.

Your completely love was instilled for this one after a letter and no wins though. You must question just quite how bad Lambert has done and how he cant go for wins...

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:23 - Apr 22 with 2437 viewstextbackup

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:16 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

Your completely love was instilled for this one after a letter and no wins though. You must question just quite how bad Lambert has done and how he cant go for wins...

I promise you the letter thing matters not to me.

of course I question it, but at the same time I didn't question the previous 2 managers at early stages when thing went wrong.

i'm happy to see how this goes over the summer and into next season. if after 10/15 games we are 17th in L1 i'll probably start to worry a bit more.

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 17:32 - Apr 22 with 2337 viewswarkthisway

You said it ! - talks a good game- 3 wins in 30 days it all tho– never mind –12% off next year in a lower league ! – you have to laugh really- utter shambles .

bentnkuqi

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 17:37 - Apr 22 with 2326 viewsActionMan

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:23 - Apr 22 by textbackup

I promise you the letter thing matters not to me.

of course I question it, but at the same time I didn't question the previous 2 managers at early stages when thing went wrong.

i'm happy to see how this goes over the summer and into next season. if after 10/15 games we are 17th in L1 i'll probably start to worry a bit more.

The thing is though even if that were the case who on earth can we replace Lambert with?

I doubt many with good records are fighting for the job here now. It may pay better than say Boston but you have a poor budget to work with and a fanbase which at that stage be pretty defeated given the hype for hirst and the new signings last summer and a failure to be promoted next season will just about see the last of the hardcore fans walk.
2 up top and play like we want to win today on 17:45 - Apr 22 with 2286 viewsMoriarty

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 17:37 - Apr 22 by ActionMan

The thing is though even if that were the case who on earth can we replace Lambert with?

I doubt many with good records are fighting for the job here now. It may pay better than say Boston but you have a poor budget to work with and a fanbase which at that stage be pretty defeated given the hype for hirst and the new signings last summer and a failure to be promoted next season will just about see the last of the hardcore fans walk.

George Burley.

fka omuircheartaigh

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 19:04 - Apr 22 with 2228 viewsSpruceMoose

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 17:45 - Apr 22 by Moriarty

George Burley.

My sides!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 19:34 - Apr 22 with 2177 viewsMattinLondon

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 14:05 - Apr 22 by Bluefish

I've made less posts about how hopeless he is since he has been here than most did about mick every hour.

So you’re less tedious than some but still more so than the vast majority on here. Well done.
2 up top and play like we want to win today on 19:36 - Apr 22 with 2169 viewsMattinLondon

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 19:04 - Apr 22 by SpruceMoose

My sides!

Absolutely. Burley last managed a club years and years ago. Unfortunately he’ll be more successful in drinking a pub dry than of managing a professional football club.
2 up top and play like we want to win today on 19:36 - Apr 22 with 2163 viewsSpruceMoose

2 up top and play like we want to win today on 19:36 - Apr 22 by MattinLondon

Absolutely. Burley last managed a club years and years ago. Unfortunately he’ll be more successful in drinking a pub dry than of managing a professional football club.

Might as well consider Terry Venables and Ron Atkinson if we are going down the historic managers route.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024