Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team News All change Elder is back 14:01 - Apr 22 with 4330 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:04 - Apr 22 with 3515 viewsSitfcB

Did Lambert find Hurst’s bingo machine...?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:04 - Apr 22 with 3505 viewsParisBlue

4 loanees :(

No Emmanuel, Kenlock, El-Mizoni.

At least Dozzell is in, hopefully Ndaba gets a run out. And perhaps with Jackson and Quaner on the bench we get to see Jackson up from in a 2.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:05 - Apr 22 with 3482 viewspointofblue

Does Lambert have a pathological hatred against two up top now? We can’t score but he persists with 4-5-1 and shoving Judge out wide. Wonder if this is an indication that Keane may stay but Quaner will definitely go in the summer? Centre of midfield really lacks experience; to counter my first sentence I guess that’s why he’s gone for a three there.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:07 - Apr 22 with 3447 viewsBlueBadger

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:04 - Apr 22 by SitfcB

It's all about building momentum for next season, innit, that's why we're playing three loan players.

/edit - four loan players.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 14:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:08 - Apr 22 with 3423 viewsbraveblue

Same formation. Glad I won’t be there today. He is chasing ST sales away. Judge out wide is just a joke. Four loanees who probably won’t be with us next season.
Team News All change Elder is back on 14:08 - Apr 22 with 3410 viewsMullet

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:05 - Apr 22 by pointofblue

Does Lambert have a pathological hatred against two up top now? We can’t score but he persists with 4-5-1 and shoving Judge out wide. Wonder if this is an indication that Keane may stay but Quaner will definitely go in the summer? Centre of midfield really lacks experience; to counter my first sentence I guess that’s why he’s gone for a three there.

Not sure you can say it's a hatred, some managers just don't use it. Today two up top is outdated, does he then become a dinosaur for going to it? We don't really have any decent strikers beyond Keane who can't stay fit.

The only argument for 2 up top is the others are so bad as lone strikers they need a partner to play there.

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:08 - Apr 22 with 3392 viewsSitfcB

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:07 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

It's all about building momentum for next season, innit, that's why we're playing three loan players.

Four!

But that will all stop when we are mathematically down.... ....... ...... ......

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:10 - Apr 22 with 3346 viewstextbackup

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:05 - Apr 22 by pointofblue

all I can think is that he doesn't rate two strikers at the club to play as a 2?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:10 - Apr 22 with 3345 viewsJamestownPrince

Gerken!!!! :-(
Team News All change Elder is back on 14:10 - Apr 22 with 3345 viewspointofblue

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:07 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

Four - Bree, Elder, Chalobah and Keane.

In fairness I can see Elder and Keane being here next season but would have preferred to see Nydam play ahead of Chalobah, as much as the latter has improved this season. I guess we have little choice with Bree if Emmanuel isn’t up to it.

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:10 - Apr 22 with 3345 viewsBlueBadger

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:08 - Apr 22 by SitfcB

Four!

But that will all stop when we are mathematically down.... ....... ...... ......

I'm sure that we'll put in an Encouraging Spell of midfield tippy-tappy for 20 minutes before losing 2-0 to send us into League One with some optimsim in our hearts about seeing another Improved Performance.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 14:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:10 - Apr 22 with 3331 viewsBlueBadger

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:10 - Apr 22 by pointofblue

Four - Bree, Elder, Chalobah and Keane.

In fairness I can see Elder and Keane being here next season but would have preferred to see Nydam play ahead of Chalobah, as much as the latter has improved this season. I guess we have little choice with Bree if Emmanuel isn’t up to it.

Forgot Bree tbf.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 14:25]

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:11 - Apr 22 with 3330 viewsMullet

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:08 - Apr 22 by braveblue

Same formation. Glad I won’t be there today. He is chasing ST sales away. Judge out wide is just a joke. Four loanees who probably won’t be with us next season.

That's a daft statement given what has happened, the ST drive, the Jonestown like worship of Lambert and zealots sensitive to any criticism kind of him.

Every argument that Keane will be here next season. The two full backs had a nightmare in places in a terrible defeat, I'm not sure what else Lambert can do but keep guessing until something clicks.

Moaning about it when we're already down is daft.

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:11 - Apr 22 with 3310 viewsBlueBadger

Surely the 20 minutes' midfield tippy-tappy we'll see at some point will have them all flocking to lay out their money?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 14:57]

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:12 - Apr 22 with 3290 viewspointofblue

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:08 - Apr 22 by Mullet

Not sure you can say it's a hatred, some managers just don't use it. Today two up top is outdated, does he then become a dinosaur for going to it? We don't really have any decent strikers beyond Keane who can't stay fit.

The only argument for 2 up top is the others are so bad as lone strikers they need a partner to play there.

And we’ve looked far more effective playing with two up two since January than we have with 4-5-1; the difference between the first and second halves against Birmingham was chalk and cheese.

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:14 - Apr 22 with 3229 viewsMullet

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:12 - Apr 22 by pointofblue

And we’ve looked far more effective playing with two up two since January than we have with 4-5-1; the difference between the first and second halves against Birmingham was chalk and cheese.

But that's one half of football against a fairly limited side and a very tactically rigid manager. Hardly, a huge sample size.

Of our mega run of draws the only constant was that we couldn't hold a lead wasn't it?

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:16 - Apr 22 with 3178 viewsHerbivore

We're going to get humped.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:17 - Apr 22 with 3174 viewsxrayspecs

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:04 - Apr 22 by SitfcB

Given the result and performance last time out plus we only played a couple of days ago, rotating the squad makes sense. Bishop and Dozzell are still not long over major injuries, so you cannot expect them to play every game too.

Giving Gerks a game is probably with one eye on whether we give him a new deal.

Would be good to see Nbada get some game time.
Team News All change Elder is back on 14:17 - Apr 22 with 3169 viewsParisBlue

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:10 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

Forgot Bree tbf.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2019 14:25]

To be fair Bree is a better bet against Daniel James than Emmanuel.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:22 - Apr 22 with 3083 viewsBlueBadger

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:17 - Apr 22 by ParisBlue

To be fair Bree is a better bet against Daniel James than Emmanuel.

I'm not convinced that I'm not a better option than Emmanual at this point, sadly.

And I played CM.

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:28 - Apr 22 with 3008 viewsGarv

Yet even if we field non loanees and lose people will say we're doomed. Lambert has got a ridiculous task of getting results to bring optimism and blood players for next season and for me he's done a good job of rotating and trying to get a balance.

You never know, Keane might be here and wouldn't 100% rule out Elder.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:31 - Apr 22 with 2964 viewsGarv

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:22 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

I'm not convinced that I'm not a better option than Emmanual at this point, sadly.

And I played CM.

I can also see you being an excellent team mate and a leader on the pitch.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:31 - Apr 22 with 2956 viewsElderGrizzly

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:08 - Apr 22 by Mullet

Wonder if this is a nod towards Elder’s future at Town? We need another LB, he’s out of contract & got promotion with Wigan.

Skuse was goosed vs Preston & Emmanuel couldn’t play again after that 45 mins. Seems about right choices for me.

Keane is only striker who can play 451
Team News All change Elder is back on 14:35 - Apr 22 with 2917 viewsBlueBadger

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:31 - Apr 22 by Garv

I can also see you being an excellent team mate and a leader on the pitch.

Last coach I had said I had the 'best football brain at this level I've ever seen'. He also went on to say 'trouble is, you have the two WORST football feet I've ever seen'.

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:38 - Apr 22 with 2878 viewsMullet

Team News All change Elder is back on 14:31 - Apr 22 by ElderGrizzly

Wonder if this is a nod towards Elder’s future at Town? We need another LB, he’s out of contract & got promotion with Wigan.

Skuse was goosed vs Preston & Emmanuel couldn’t play again after that 45 mins. Seems about right choices for me.

Keane is only striker who can play 451

Warren speculated that. Would be a hell of a fall from grace given Leicester fans expected him to be back pushing for a place or higher up after his time here.

He's not played a lot whether that's being the 6th loan in part or injuries, but it seems to have hampered him. We might benefit there where we missed out on Pennington stalling before he came to us, rather than flourishing here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024